MDE Linking questions

Blueyed Girl

HAKUNA MATATA!
We are headed to WDW soon and I am the primary planner for our trip. I will link DH,DS, & DS-Girlfriend as "family/friends" and make our plans. We have friends that live in florida and have resident AP's. She wants to send me an invite to "link our stuff". She is making 1 ADR during our week there and she and her kids will probably meet up with us at some point to ride some rides. My question is....if she sends me the invite and I accept, does that make her the primary over me? That can't happen because I'm the trip planner (primary) for our entire trip! I don't want anyone messing up our plans. 🤦‍♀️ Should I send her the invite instead? Please make sense of this for me. LOL! We are DVC & WDW vets but new to all this Genie+, MDE app planning stuff. I think I have it all down pat and then I'm thrown another curve ball.

My question is....if she sends me the invite and I accept, does that make her the primary over me?
No, if you accept you’ll be in her F&F list and she’ll be in yours, just like the remainder of your family will be. You can give each other permission to view each other’s plans and to make plans for each other but not to change them.

If you want to be able to book Genie+LLs or VQ or ILL$ or ADRs that include her and her kids, you’ll need to use the Add a Guest function to link her kids to your F&F list as well, and if she’s going to book anything that includes the other members of your family she’ll have to do the same.

No, if you accept you’ll be in her F&F list and she’ll be in yours, just like the remainder of your family will be. You can give each other permission to view each other’s plans and to make plans for each other but not to change them.

If you want to be able to book Genie+LLs or VQ or ILL$ or ADRs that include her and her kids, you’ll need to use the Add a Guest function to link her kids to your F&F list as well, and if she’s going to book anything that includes the other members of your family she’ll have to do the same.
Ok fantastic! Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter