MDE - Showing Shared Plans

PoppyJ

Mouseketeer
I set up a MDE account for my dad for a trip next year. I set it to show shared plans only on both accounts. However when I log into his account, it shows my plans for a trip this year that he is not going on. Does anyone know of any troubleshooting to fix this?

We do not "share" the plans for my trip this year and I do not know how to get it to not show up on his account. I don't want to risk him accidentally changing/cancelling something.

Anyone else have this problem and fix it?

We found MDE to be rather clumsy to work with when setting up a multi-family trip a few years ago. Certain features worked differently for some then others even though we setup everything the same. As I recall we had to finally call Disney to get certain issues resolved since none of us could figure it out. You also have to be careful to not mistakenly delete exisiting things like ADR's.

If you dad has no reason to use MDE for now, one simple fix could be to change the password on his account so he can't access it. Closer to the time of his trip you can tell him what the new password is.

Last edited:
While I can’t imagine why someone would open the app if they weren’t there, you could always delete him & add him later. You didn’t say whether you both used one log in or not, regardless deleting is the one sure proof option.

Can he actually change things he isn't booking. I've booked a few things on my account and had to book a couple of things on my partners acccount and i can't change them on my MDE like dining etc.

I set up a MDE account for my dad for a trip next year. I set it to show shared plans only on both accounts. However when I log into his account, it shows my plans for a trip this year that he is not going on. Does anyone know of any troubleshooting to fix this?

We do not "share" the plans for my trip this year and I do not know how to get it to not show up on his account. I don't want to risk him accidentally changing/cancelling something.

Anyone else have this problem and fix it?

He can't change anything he didn't make.

Do you have any MDE friends and family in common that are on that trip that have their settings set to "share all plans"

Can he actually change things he isn't booking. I've booked a few things on my account and had to book a couple of things on my partners acccount and i can't change them on my MDE like dining etc.
I tested this, and no he can't change my park reservations. I haven't added my DVC reservation yet so I'll have to make sure that can't be changed on his account.

He can't change anything he didn't make.

Do you have any MDE friends and family in common that are on that trip that have their settings set to "share all plans"
Right now it's just me. I haven't made my mom's account yet bc I was trying to get this figured out. It appears that with the settings set to shared plans only, he can see my park reservations but not a test dining reservation I made.

We had to call Disney for help. Traveling w/ another family and when I added one of their members to my Friends/Family list, the system showed only their reservation AND under the person's name it said I was now managing his account! Called Disney and they started troubleshooting. Ultimately got the other person on the line as well and together, we got it all sorted out. Took like half an hour. In short: It's probably not your fault and you probably can't fix it on your own. Call Disney and make sure your dad is available by phone in case they need to talk to him, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter