Meadow Pool Refurb Jan-Apr 2023

ontdvc2015

Earning My Ears
Well I just got off the phone with Disney, trying to book a trip for Feb 2023. Everything was going great until she dropped the bomb that the Meadow pool is closed from Jan - Apr 2023. Did that ever put a wrench in our plans! We were going to be staying for 12 days and do 5 park days and the rest of the time would be spent at the Fort. There will be 2 families going with 4 kids under 12, so the pool being closed is kind of a deal breaker for us. Now we either need to push it back to later in 2023 or move it to 2024.

So just a heads up for anyone else that has booked during this time, or was thinking about booking during this time.

Are you interested specifically in the Meadow's pool, or any pool? There's another pool by the cabins that we always use. In fact, I've never even been in the Meadow's pool. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Oddly, the last time we were at the FORT (July 2019) we never got to go in the pool one time. We went down once or twice and both times it was closed due to afternoon storms... we were there a week and honestly didn't miss the pool.... i do enjoy relaxing by the pool in the afternoon or evening but it didnt' happen on that trip and it wouldn't keep me from going in the future.

It really depends on how close you are to the pool. We were in the cabins so it was a good hike or a short bus ride and that likely kept us from venturing out almost every evening.

I know. I'm bummed about that too, the pool is big part of our trip and I gotta feeling the quiet pool will be anything but that.

I'm just going to have to bring down my blow up hot tub and disguise it within a tent with a nice rug & some twinkle lights.

I'm kidding. Maybe...

But if locals can bring in a u-haul and deep freezer, well then...

Are you purchasing 5 day tickets? We love to get the “plus” tickets, that include the same number of plus visits as park days. 5 day tickets would have 5 plus visits to the water park, foot golf, or mini golf (though mini golf has the lowest “value” for a plus visit). I know it’s big the same as walking over the pool for the afternoon, but if you want to visit those same dates it might be something to look into.

We left on January 12th, and there was a motor home with an inflatable hot tub. 700 or 800 loop. Right on the main road.

Like this guy…

He had tarps and some kind of re-bar poles going on all around his camper and back of site too.

At first I was like, “now there’s a guy who comes prepared to get the worst site and plans to make the most of it” (and it was true - open on all sides).

But now I’m thinking…
I wonder if he has the one with 60 jets or the one with 120 jets...

The questions we now ask or neighbors have shifted from "is that a 38 or 40 footer you got there?" to "you got that coleman deluxe do ya? Is that the one with 120 or 220? hehehe

696F8C5B-4789-4632-9980-E5735ECF242D.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter