Meal allocation question

Could be but you have an actual limit of credits vs the unlimited except by time drink refills
It's simple logic. Any one order can have no more than numberofguestsonplan QS item chqrged to guestaccountnumber.. An order is placed on guestaccountnumber with numberofguestsonplan at timestamp. Another order for any QS cannot be charged to guestaccountnumber for y minutes after timestamp.

It's simple logic. Any one order can have no more than numberofguestsonplan QS item chqrged to guestaccountnumber.. An order is placed on guestaccountnumber with numberofguestsonplan at timestamp. Another order for any QS cannot be charged to guestaccountnumber for y minutes after timestamp.
Yes simple logic however these units are in your DP “bank” account to use when you want. There is no fine print stating you can only buy a QS entree every 15 minutes.

DS barely eats but sometimes he is hungry and we will have to buy two kids meals at once. Previously this was not an issue and I really don’t think they have implemented something to stop it from continuing.

Yes simple logic however these units are in your DP “bank” account to use when you want. There is no fine print stating you can only buy a QS entree every 15 minutes.

DS barely eats but sometimes he is hungry and we will have to buy two kids meals at once. Previously this was not an issue and I really don’t think they have implemented something to stop it from continuing.
This isn't personal experience, but on the WDW Prep to Go podcast about the Festival of Arts that I just listened to, the host went with 2 other people, and only two of the three were on the dining plan. They were able to use QS credits to cover a meal for the third, but ran into some trouble where some screen alerted the CM that there should only be two people but the CM was able to make it work for them. The second time doing the same thing, they just asked for separate checks, one to each of the adults on the DDP and it went through no problem.

I do think this is a hack/workaround because the terms do say they're non-transferable so maybe not worth the risk, but just passing on a recent experience from a Disney blogger that it does seem to be currently doable!

This isn't personal experience, but on the WDW Prep to Go podcast about the Festival of Arts that I just listened to, the host went with 2 other people, and only two of the three were on the dining plan. They were able to use QS credits to cover a meal for the third, but ran into some trouble where some screen alerted the CM that there should only be two people but the CM was able to make it work for them. The second time doing the same thing, they just asked for separate checks, one to each of the adults on the DDP and it went through no problem.

I do think this is a hack/workaround because the terms do say they're non-transferable so maybe not worth the risk, but just passing on a recent experience from a Disney blogger that it does seem to be currently doable!
It's possible to do on QS, but it won't work for TS.

If they would come out with another tier for Disney Adults that can't drink (10-20) I might consider the plan for a convenience factor.

I know I will never save anything with it but I'm not willing to be forced to have an alcoholic beverage in the plan for DS factored into the price.

Yes I know he could have mocktails but to be honest all he cares about is the glow cube or the light up characters back when you could get those.

I have another question along these lines. We have 2 room reservations. My MIL is on one room and my family (2 adults 2 kids) is on the other. My MIL will not get the value out of the ddp, if she dines with us can we use some of our dining credits for her to eat with us or does she need to have her own plan?
I feel technically no, but you could probably do it. I know in past when I lived in Florida my friends family had the Deluxe dinning plan and a ton of credits left over. They left my friend their magic band when they went back home, and she took me and a lot of her friends out to eat to use up the credits. No one said anything to us. We used them at a table and quick service.

I feel technically no, but you could probably do it. I know in past when I lived in Florida my friends family had the Deluxe dinning plan and a ton of credits left over. They left my friend their magic band when they went back home, and she took me and a lot of her friends out to eat to use up the credits. No one said anything to us. We used them at a table and quick service.
That won't work now (unless it's the day of check out). All credits expire at midnight day of departure. Again, at a QS location she may be able to use the credit, but not at a TS.

That won't work now (unless it's the day of check out). All credits expire at midnight day of departure. Again, at a QS location she may be able to use the credit, but not at a TS.
We did use it the day they checked out I believe.

Another thought. If you are not big eaters you could always share a meal with your MIL. My mom and I often share credits because we can't eat a lot at once. Then we can try more restaurants too.

I'm guessing the transaction won't go through if you are trying to use more credits at one time than you have participants on the plan.
Is this new? Limiting how many QS credits you can use at a time based on how many people are in the room? its always been they are a pool of credits and you can use them how you wish.

I have not seen or heard this change. Do you have a link or somewhere that mentions this?

Is this new? Limiting how many QS credits you can use at a time based on how many people are in the room? its always been they are a pool of credits and you can use them how you wish.

I have not seen or heard this change. Do you have a link or somewhere that mentions this?
I have not heard of this either. I'm pretty sure you can use your credits however you choose.

I have not heard of this either. I'm pretty sure you can use your credits however you choose.
Not sure about QS, but you cannot use a TS credit for someone not on the DP. That was a change from before.

Not sure about QS, but you cannot use a TS credit for someone not on the DP. That was a change from before.
I bet this rule will relax. For quite some time this rule was in place with the DDP. It was not a success with guests so that rule was not only tossed out, but IIRC, there was verbiage that you could use your credits as you saw fit. I believe that price, the reduced reduce the RE the snack credit, getting rid of the CS dessert and restricted us for how credits are used.
I think Disney is in for a bit of a surprise. While people might have been okay with increased fees and higher costs for a WDW vacation following covid, i do not think this is going to be sustained long term. In order to ensure that guests keep their vacation dollars onsite Disney needs to provide a really good reason. The resort hotels are expensive, parks are expensive, souvenirs are expensive and food is expensive. Without Magical Express included in a WDW vacation, some of the benefit is already lost. Once people start looking at alternate means of transportation the benefits of an expensive onsite stay begin to be reduced.

My family always got the DDP. We never really had to work at maximizing credits because I knew how my family liked to dine, but this one? Not so sure. Once you toss the DDP out of your budget, you might look at food differently. Maybe a few meals onsite, but after that perhaps not. I dont think we are that different from other families who liked the DDP. We booked onsite, took DME to our resort, and never really left WDW bubble until DME dragged us, along with our luggage, back to MCO. Disney adjusted when they determined one of their major hooks was failing. I think that if they do not get the mileage out of this current version the first change will be to go back to allowing credit sharing, and the next will be to give the CS snack credit back. If that does not work, I bet the CS credits will be pooled again.

I am not privy to what the resort census needs to be in order to make them viable, but they built them, they will need to keep them filled.

I bet this rule will relax. For quite some time this rule was in place with the DDP. It was not a success with guests so that rule was not only tossed out, but IIRC, there was verbiage that you could use your credits as you saw fit. I believe that price, the reduced reduce the RE the snack credit, getting rid of the CS dessert and restricted us for how credits are used.
I think Disney is in for a bit of a surprise. While people might have been okay with increased fees and higher costs for a WDW vacation following covid, i do not think this is going to be sustained long term. In order to ensure that guests keep their vacation dollars onsite Disney needs to provide a really good reason. The resort hotels are expensive, parks are expensive, souvenirs are expensive and food is expensive. Without Magical Express included in a WDW vacation, some of the benefit is already lost. Once people start looking at alternate means of transportation the benefits of an expensive onsite stay begin to be reduced.

My family always got the DDP. We never really had to work at maximizing credits because I knew how my family liked to dine, but this one? Not so sure. Once you toss the DDP out of your budget, you might look at food differently. Maybe a few meals onsite, but after that perhaps not. I dont think we are that different from other families who liked the DDP. We booked onsite, took DME to our resort, and never really left WDW bubble until DME dragged us, along with our luggage, back to MCO. Disney adjusted when they determined one of their major hooks was failing. I think that if they do not get the mileage out of this current version the first change will be to go back to allowing credit sharing, and the next will be to give the CS snack credit back. If that does not work, I bet the CS credits will be pooled again.

I am not privy to what the resort census needs to be in order to make them viable, but they built them, they will need to keep them filled.
This is a new rule with this version of the DDP.

This is a new rule with this version of the DDP.
But does this apply to only the Table service or does it apply to the QS as well? I can see them being able to enforce this for Table service as everyone is sitting right there and the waitress can see who is eating. QS is a completely different scenario.

But does this apply to only the Table service or does it apply to the QS as well? I can see them being able to enforce this for Table service as everyone is sitting right there and the waitress can see who is eating. QS is a completely different scenario.
QS is more of a grey area, like you say, it’s a little more difficult to monitor. Technically I don’t think you are supposed to use QS credits for people not on the DDP, but if mobile ordering, there’s really no way to police it. The only way might be is if there are 4 people on the plan and someone tries to place an order for 5, it may ask for a method of payment for the 5th. It is a lot more “intelligent” now, if you don’t order something you are eligible to order, it will question or alert you (mobile ordering). It might recognize that you are ordering more than allowed by the parameters of the plan. The other big change is that you can no longer convert a QS credit to 3 snacks.

I don't see how they even would enforce this for TS. I just used the dinning plan and it's not like they IDd us to use our credits. 🤷‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter