Meals in a Studio Room?

Draidyl

Earning My Ears
We will be staying a week in a Studio, and I'm wondering if anyone has been successful doing meals in the room (i.e. cheap!). We're mostly wanting to feed our boys in the room because they are picky eaters and I don't want to spend $$$ on meals they decide they "don't like". I'm sure my kids could do cereal breakfasts; but is the mini fridge a decent size (and cold enough) to store milk? We were thinking PB&J sandwiches or Easy Mac for lunch or small dinner. Are the grills available now (I'm thinking I could do hot dogs)? Any other ideas, especially for kids? Thanks in advance!

We always did breakfast in our studio - we’ve made egg McMuffins with just a microwave (toasted English muffin, slice of cheese, ham, microwaved eggs) - really perfect! Have not had any issue with not being able to keep the milk cold. We have done packaged salads from the abc store for lunch as well. I think you could totally do it. I am pretty sure the grills are available to everyone, so hot dogs are definitely an option. If you have a car, Costco runs were a blessing! Love Hawaiian Costco!

We brought a half gallon of milk and had no problem fitting it in the fridge alongside a bottle of wine and a dozen or so cans of soda. I dialed the fridge up to 6 and a can of Diet Coke exploded so it definitely is safe enough to store milk, dairy, and meats.

The fridge has a separate freezer section as well, but it’s small. You could fit some Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches in there, frozen fritatta, egos, etc.
Housekeeping can bring you a kettle to make soups, instant noodles, mac-n-cheese, oatmeal, and more.

We always get a pizza from Ulu Cafe on the first night so we can have leftover pizza as a quick meal during our stay. I bring gallon size ziploc bags from home to store the pizza because the box won’t fit in the fridge.

That's smart, especially if you're traveling from the mainland. My first night in Hawaii, I'm always wide awake at like 3am, starving, desperately waiting for the first restaurant to open.

Are we twins? I also wake up around 3 am and starving. We did order pizza from the pizza joint by Monkeypod/ABC store our first night. I also always bring zip lock bags everywhere we go but just put the box in our fridge (we had a 1 bedroom at the Marriott). DH and I did eat pizza at 3:30 am the first morning we were there.

We also got pizza on our first night and had leftovers for lunch! lol! We got it from Pizza Corner across the street and had the garlic knots as well, so we had a lot leftover for lunch the next day.

It was just DH and I, no kids, but we did pick up bread, lunch meats, cereal, milk, muffins, water, soda, and snacks like chips/pretzels for our studio room. The fridge was fine for milk and a few drinks, and we didn't have anything that required a microwave or something more, though every studio room does have a microwave. I'm not sure what the current status of the grills at Aulani is but pre-Covid, I believe they didn't open until 4pm and there was often a wait - I think there's only a couple of them. I wouldn't plan on something like hot dogs that you'd have to grill, the grill would be too much of a hassle or perhaps not available at all.

My favorite thing is to hit up Foodland and grab things I can't normally have. I stock up with some Spam Musubi and Poke and just snack on that during the trip!

That ABC Island Mart store by Monkeypod now has kid-friendly mini pizzas and pasta. I like the grown up food in there but until recently they have been short on kid stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter