• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mears Connect vs Uber XL or Lyft?

wecksell

Earning My Ears
I have a family of 5 that uses Uber XL or local equivalent often when on vacation.
It looks like Mears Connect is at least $250 for us from MCO to a disney resort. Wouldn't an Uber be about half that?

What's the advantage of paying for the bus vs a private SUV? Or I am totally wrong about the price of the uber?

---matt

Right, so why would anyone take Mears Connect? Magical Express was free.

Free is less than $50, so the Magical Connect was good.
$250 is more than $50, so the Mears Connect is... oddly priced?

Right, so why would anyone take Mears Connect? Magical Express was free.

Free is less than $50, so the Magical Connect was good.
$250 is more than $50, so the Mears Connect is... oddly priced?
Usually car seats. If you need a car seat you can’t use ride share unless you have your own

There are a few in a separate booking class with Uber but they aren’t plentiful and it’s only 1

Mears Connect is $32 per adult or $27 per child, round trip. No way it would be $250 for 5 people unless you choose their Express option.

Even though ME was “free” it always felt like it took forever. We would end up hopping in a Lyft for faster service. Now that you have to pay for Mears, it’s definitely not worth the cost for us.

Mears Connect is $32 per adult or $27 per child, round trip. No way it would be $250 for 5 people unless you choose their Express option.
For our group of 5, the regular option would be $150 round trip. Looking at Uber, it appears an UberXL would cost $50 one way. It looks like Uber would be cheaper for us. Am I missing something? Can Ubers be hard to find?

Uber is always subject to surge pricing; that price could easily double or triple based on demand at the time you actually request the ride.

My experience with Uber XL for at least 6 round trips at MCO with Sat morning arrivals and Sat afternoon departures - never waited more than 15 min from requesting ride (was usually right about 10 min) and cost ranged from $45-$55 before tip.

For our group of 5, the regular option would be $150 round trip. Looking at Uber, it appears an UberXL would cost $50 one way. It looks like Uber would be cheaper for us. Am I missing something? Can Ubers be hard to find?
5 plus bags? I’m not convinced you’d all fit in 1 XL if you all have checked bags. 4 of us have always filled 1 XL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter