mears shuttle

kozmo

kozmo
i just posted this question on the resorts board,but am thinking i should have put it here.Whats cheapest ground transportation from airport to wdw,family of 4 , 2 adults,2 children,actually to wilderness lodge.

I think Mears is currently at 27/adult, and 19/child. So, I think, for a family of 4, a towncar works out cheaper at 80-85 roundtrip. Most companies have coupons on their websites, too.

Please note, none of the above prices includes tip. I will also say, that I took Mears once, and even if I was saving a couple of bucks (and I would be this time), I would still spend some extra for the convenience of the towncar.

Ciao,
Mort.

Towncar or taxi - $40 - $50 one way plus tip. Forget Mears - they may put you on a van that makes several stops - we went with a group to wdw once and took a taxi to the resort while another couple took Mears - the Mears trip was over an hour and a half! The taxi/towncar gets you there as fast as possible (20-30 min?)

With a family of four, it's definitely more economical to take a towncar. I always take a towncar, and usually there are just two adults, and I still think it's a great value. We always make a stop at a grocery store, and I figure the savings on buying bottled water alone makes up for the extra cost of the towncar.

Plus, you have a private car. You don't have to listen to 15 other screaming kids on the bus--only your own two in the private car. haha. And it's a lot quicker, less waiting, and no extra stops to drop others off when you take the towncar.

Karen

I totally agree with a towncar. For four people it would probably be cheaper. Mears will load you up with people going to any number of different resorts. It is a long and (in my opinion) horrible ride via Mears.
With a towncar the driver will be waiting for you at the bottom of the escalators, baggage pick up area. He or she will take you directly to your resort (or to a store first if you want). No sharing and no noise! Very comfortable. I highly recommend it. It gets your vacation off on a really nice note.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter