Meet Evangeline

Very nice. Our boys are thinking of agriculture tourism as a way of education for our dairy farms. Thanks for the idea, and keep up the great work.
I would encourage your sons to look into agricultural tourism. Our background is in dairy. We are always surprised by how interested people are in learning more about where their food comes from.

Neat.

How is it powered? Oil? Propane? Diesel? I see some sort of tank inside the tender?

What is the distance between the rails? How much rail did you get to go with it?

I see a bell on the dome. Does it have a whistle?

Is it steam operated? If so has the boiler been inspected?

This is so cool. popcorn::

ED

Hi Ed,
Not sure I can answer all your questions, I’ll ask Tom when he gets home. It is diesel powered. Not sure about the whistle, but it does have a bell. We have been acquiring rail road ties as well as track. Tom is working with a civil engineer as per safety codes.

Tom tells me the following: 24 inch gauge. We have enough track for a quarter mile but have access to approximately 2 more miles.
Whistle is missing. We are very excited, Tom gleefully exclaimed the other night “ I can’t believe we own a train”.

Carol and I met Evangeline a few weeks ago when we dropped in to see Tom & Boomer1 (Krista) on our way home from a vacation in Newfoundland. You really have to stop in for a visit . . . it's a very exciting place!

They have pick-your-own blueberries, raspberries and pumpkins. Wander through the corn maze or the sunflower maze . . .

Take a ride on Evangeline (soon) and have some of their homemade ice cream. Carol is an ice cream gourmet and she says that Trueman's ice cream was worth the cost of the entire trip!

1659095734157.png

Attachments

• 1659095642284.png
    1659095642284.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
Now you are really going to make me plan a REALLY long trip up to see you.

Getting to Maine, NS and NB is on the list once we retire, but you are making it hard to wait a few more years.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter