Mega early pj- nicki and dean sept 2014

nickipoo2012

Earning My Ears
I know this is mega mega early but i need to try get myself organised and have somewhere to keep all my ideas! My Disney wedding is in its very early stages but i really cant wait to get planning even if it is soooo far away! :lovestruc

So anyway I’m Nicki and I’m 25, my fiancé is Dean and he is 24, we live in England (another reason why we have to get planning now) we have been together since July 2008 (3 and a half years ish) and engaged since September 2010- Dean proposed in Magic Kingdom by the castle but near to Snow White’s wishing well as he is a bit shy so didn’t want too many people to see! I am completely obsessed with Disney, ever since i was little, I have been to Disneyland Paris, Disneyland California and more frequently Disney World Orlando- i also love America so much i wish we could live there! I took Dean on his first Disney trip in 2009 and he loved it, we are going on our 3rd Florida holiday together this September and cant wait! :cool1:

We decided not to set a date for the wedding straight away as we were saving for a deposit on buying a house (we now own a house yay) but always knew it would be September 2014! After going back and forth we finally decided at the beginning of the year that we would have the wedding at Disney World and have an evening reception back in the UK- we are aiming for Weds 17th September for the ceremony but obviously cant confirm this until next year!

We are inviting 45 people to the wedding but obviously it isn’t cheap to come to Orlando from the UK so i think the figure will be much less- for this reason we don’t know yet whether we will be having an Escape or Wishes package! I think if we can afford i would prefer the Wishes package because i want a private reception, i don’t like the idea of having dinner with Joe public in my wedding dress!

I’m not sure what i want to do at night- i think maybe the Epcot Illuminations Desert party depending on cost because we can have a disco back home for the evening reception!

I am not sure where i want the wedding, i like the wedding pavilion, Dean likes the idea of it being at Epcot! We may look in September when we are on holiday at the different locations!

I am having a Cinderella theme for our evening reception, tables named after the characters, cupcakes with the castle and glass slipper on, Cinderella characters on the cake- i’m not too fussed about having a theme at the wedding as i will be trying to stick to the minimum expenditure for my budget so can save money by not having centrepieces, favours, place names etc they would be cheaper to buy outside of Disney but coming from the UK i am limited on how much i can bring in my suitcase

The only thing i know i really want to splurge on whatever the cost at this stage is Mickey and Minnie at the reception :wizard:

My colour scheme will be royal blue, really bright vibrant blue, my girls will be in this colour and the boys cravats will be this colour- also the cake and my bouquet and the bows on the chair covers if i can afford them! Also to contrast i want the bridesmaids to carry bright orange gerbera daisies and wear orange shoes! Im not sure whether the mens buttonholes will be blue or orange! I want the men to wear grey suits, which i will buy in England off the high street!

I have asked 7 girls to be bridesmaids and 4 little bridesmaids- however i understand not all of them will be afford to come so im not sure who my bridesmaids are lol i have my sister Jo, my best friends Diane and Hannah, Deans sister Kim, my cousin Katie and Victoria and my oldest school friend Sarah- my ickle ones are my gorgeous adopted nieces Alice, Amy and Emma who are Hannah’s daughters and the 4th one Amelia wont be here until June as she is still in Diane’s tummy lol

Dean hasn’t got a best man yet, he doesn’t know who to ask! But he has picked 2 ushers, our friend John and his brother-in-law Gavin plus his little nephew Rory as page boy!

I don’t know what dress i want at all, going to look next year for some inspiration- i want the bridesmaids in 50s style skater dresses, Dessy do a gorgeous one but i’m not sure on my BM dress budget yet as i don’t know how many BMs i will have lol

I am definitely going to use Randy Chapman for my piccys

Music has to be Disney Disney Disney as i walk down the aisle, first dance etc lol not sure what songs i want yet- my first dance back home is going to be “You got the love” by Florence and the Machine (i’m not sure if she is well-known in America?):confused3

I have ordered my Save The Dates, they will be posted out Tuesday, they are amazing, the seller is on ebay and shes just so creative, she did them in the Disney font using the cheesy little poem i wrote- i will put a pic of the sample on when i work out how to post pics! Everyone thinks im crazy sending invites out 2 and a half years in advance but i want to give my family and friends chance to save up to come- i wont be disappointed if our wedding is just me and Dean as i know how much it costs to come to Florida

Do you have hen do’s in America? I think they are called bachelorette parties? I aren’t really having a proper hen do coz of how expensive it will be for my family and friends to come to Florida so were just going to have a night out in my local town and my best friends, mum, sister etc will have a couple of treatments with me at the local spa!

Wow I have more ideas for the wedding than i thought- its the important stuff like the actual wedding day that i have no idea what i want! If anyone can suggest ideas that would be great- i think i want to get married at 12pm to get a full days wear out of my dress, and i want a sit down 3 course meal, i just don’t know what i want to do at night- it doesn’t need to be too late coz on Florida time i am usually tired by half 10 haha i think thats it, im gona go try work out how to put pics on!

First question- Flowers- I don’t want any centrepieces or aisle decor etc, my floral would literally be my bouquet, bridesmaids bouquet and the mens buttonholes- does anyone know roughly how much gerbera daisys would be with Disney? Are they in season in September? I just want a few orange gerberas tied with blue ribbon for the bridesmaids and a slightly bigger version of this for my bouquet- possibly blue gerbera daisys for mine as my colour scheme is mainly royal blue, i just want a bit of orange to contrast! The men are in grey suits and blue cravats so i’m not bothered whether they have orange or blue gerberas, whichever looks the best! Thanks :cutie::lovestruc

My gorgeous engagement party cake- made by Dean's sister Kim

engagementcake.jpg

This is the style of bridesmaid dress i want- dont think i can afford Dessy but you never know, i might only have 1 or 2 bridesmaids that can afford to come to Florida with us so my budget may stretch- the colour is gorgeous

bridesmaiddress.png

My amazing engagement ring picked by my fiance all by himself- i was so shocked, i would definately have picked this style if i was choosing :cheer2:

ring.jpg

Seen this wedding ring on the Kays website- it matches my engagement ring perfectly! Unfortunately they dont ship to the UK so fingers crossed i can pick it up on my trip to Orlando in September!! :cutie:

weddingring.png

got this cake topper as a present from work- total surprise i nearly cried- its from the Jim Shore Traditions collection and will look lovely at my evening reception back home! and mickeys suit is blue!!! :lovestruc:cool1:

caketopper.jpg

thanks, me too! :cutie:

almost forgot- i have ordered the lady on here's wedding book- think her name is Carrie- it will arrive tommorow!! i'm hoping she can answer all my questions! I will be happy when i know my guest list and whether we are having a Wishes or Escape package- if i have less than 18 i think i will go with Escape and hire a private room for the reception meal and add all the extras on like characters etc i think i want an MK and DHS photo shoot if my budget will stretch that far- we can only afford it if we have a small amount of guests i think as the $12k minimum for Wishes is about my limit :sad:

Congratulations. It's never to early to start planning.

Carrie's book is the best thing ever. If you want to start reading it sooner, purchase the ebook from the passporter website to read before the hard copy arrives. That's what I did.

I'm not even engaged and I've started planning LOL. I'm planning on Aug 2014 but the heat is somewhat of a detterent (sp?) & unfortunately when my partner proposes I have to let him have his say on dates, locations, etc. :)

My book has arrived at work this morning!:cheer2:

Cant wait to get home and read through it!! I hope it makes things a bit clearer and i noticed on Carrie’s PJ that she had the wedding, reception and dessert party for just over the minimum spends! :cool2:
Knowing my luck though it will have gone upto $14000 minimum expenditure in 2014 coz i noticed on the Disney website it only covers 2012 and 2013!:headache:

Its never too early to start planning- we’ve been really slow coz we got engaged in 2010 and only really started planning now- we will have been together just over 6 years when we get married so if you know what you want i would definitely start thinking about it now even if you aren’t engaged yet :)

Congratulations! You have a lot figured out so far! I love the Dessy dresses too and have my eye on one for my BMs. I totally agree that it's never too early to start planning! :goodvibes

Yay another early planning 2014 bride!! We are looking at November 2014 :)

Your ring is gorgeous, and bridesmaid dress is gorgeous - another option which might be cheaper for that style is a designer called Vivian of Holloway - she's based in London - have a google :)

aw thanks for the tip i will definately google it! I'm not sure how much the Dessy dresses are but i'm guessing a lot! wow you're in the same situation as me then- itching to provisionally book the chosen date but cant for another year! i'm aiming for weds 17th at 12.00pm i think but i've gota feeling i will end up in a lottery if i go for the wedding pavillion! i can be flexible with the day and time as long as its that week!

Mini update: I am two bridesmaids down so far- my 2 cousins cant make it, 1 is pregnant and just about to graduate so i completely expected her to say no and the other cant afford to spend all that money on a trip (which again i completely understand and expect most of our invited guests will be in the same boat as its a lot of money to travel from the UK) they sent me lovely texts though to say they hope its magical and they cant wait for the evening reception back home :lovestruc

Yay another pj! Never too early to plan imo. :goodvibes

Well Disney (from what I've seen) doesn't seem to raise the minimums every year so who knows maybe it will still be $12,000.

Dessy dresses run from what I saw $200-$250ish. Their After Six line was cheaper and was in the $100ish and up range.

so i emailed disney photography to ask about the magic kingdom photo shoot and apparently if you dont use a disney photography for the wedding you cant book the MK shoot until 45 days before the wedding!! i think its unlikely i will get the date i want 6 weeks before and i dont think i could cope waiting that long to find out!! i really want randy chapman to do the pics so maybe i will have to take the risk or suck it up and hire disney as well depending how much their cheapest package is :(

all my save the dates are out yay feel a bit odd putting a date that we might not even have yet! anybody from the UK that is stuck for ideas on wedding stationary should check out jambuttycrafts.com and email jane- there are some examples on there but she does any colour and disney font etc and is quite reasonably priced- i will take a pic of them when i get a min! im going to get her to make my night do table numbers, place name cards and evening invitations!:lovestruc

this is the poem i knocked together for my save the dates- bridesmaid and ushers had a slightly different one!:wizard:

save the date september 2014,
the time has come for nicki to marry dean!
weve looked at venues and finally decided where to go,
where else but disney world orlando!
now we know meeting minnie and mickey, cinderella and belle,
is some peoples idea of hell!
plus it wont be cheap and is so far away!
but we would love it if you could make it to our special day!
whether its just for a few days or even a week,
we hope you can help make our disney wedding unique!
if you cant come over we understand,
we have another celebration back home already planned!

I'm watching man vs food the dessert special and it has got me thinking about cake lol

here are a few ideas for my evening reception back home! I definately want a cupcake tower as we will be having a wedding cake at disney! I want bright blue cupcakes covered in glitter with Cinderella toppers- ive found 2 ideas on ebay so far

photo5.png

or just plain rice paper toppers with Cinderella on

photo2.png

i also want to somehow encorporate the Cinderella characters into the tower- i'm hoping to pick this set up from Florida in Sept- the UK Disney stores dont have it! im sure ebay will have it if not!

photo9.png

these are my Cinderella inspired table name holders

photo8.png

and my table names
photo10.jpg

the other 9 tables are called
Prince Charming
Drizella
Anastacia
Fairy Godmother
Lady Tremaine
Glass Slipper
Jaq and Gus
Lucifer
Cinderella's Castle

My centrepieces will be fish bowls on a mirror glass plate with orange gerbera daisy heads and blue LED lights and blue gel balls- i'm going to put 2 or 3 glass slippers on the plates surrounding the fish bowls

photo6.png

other little ideas i've had from looking on ebay are my earrings- desperately want these!!

photo7.png

and Dean's cufflinks- he hasnt seen these i may get them him as a surprise present

photo3.png

I love these for the little bridesmaids instead of headbands or tiaras- saw them on the Disney facebook page and apparently they sell them at the parks so again may have to pick them up in Sept

photo4.png

also want something sparkly for the adult bridesmaids but not a tiara as i'm not having a veil so i want a nice sparkly tiara for me that stands out- i quite like this headband but im not 100% sure yet

photo-1.png

i have decided on electric blue shoes instead of ivory so i can get these now as they wont need to be matched to my dress! in an ideal world i want the something blue shoes from sex and the city movie but at $943 they are way out of my price range even if the dollar-pound exchange rate is good! if anyone can suggest something similar that would be great! i considered fakes but the quality is just so poor i would rather buy something off the high street! again im hoping i see something i like over in Florida in Sept! otherwise my back up is just to buy a pair i love the style of and have them professionally dyed electric blue!! these are the inspiration anyway if any of you lovelies have any ideas for a cheaper alternatives

photo11.jpg

so thats my ideas for now- may invest in some things that can be put away until 2014 and not get damaged! i have already ordered my table names based on the lovely sample i was sent! roll on september and my holiday to Disney World/ shopping for wedding ring and hopefully wedding shoes :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter