Member "Dissatisfaction" Team

stlrod

DIS Veteran
I have an issue I've been trying to resolve for about 4 weeks now and every time they call me they leave a number and when I call back, I get an answering machine. Today, I was lucky enough to be at my phone when they called and the representative who claimed to be a manager said they oftentimes answer the phone personally. I find that hard to believe as many times as I have had to return calls and then wait for them to call me back. Someone said on here that while nice, the representatives are all "smoke and mirrors." That has been my experience. Has anyone ever received a call from the "Member Satisfaction Team" and called back and actually gotten a live person?

I have and they work weekends too.

Currently due to long hold times with MS, satisfaction answers MS calls when the queue hits a certain number.

Their job is to make us feel better but in reality, their hands are tied and that have limited power to fix things.

We are dealing with a large company, (Disney) with separate departments with different policies and reason for being. The resorts pretty much think of DVC as a pain in the rear, we don't bring direct revenue to them, we are picky, have opinions, vacation there enough to know what really goes on behind the curtain, and expect a clean, well maintained room.

:earsboy: Bill

Yes I have gotten someone many times. They are very busy, it's not a large group and many times they are on the phone.

Bill, I am really sorry you have such a negative, or I am sure you will say realistic view, but that has never been the case for us.

For one thing I have no idea who you get your insight from, but most all the GMs at the resorts that share space with DVC do not feel that way. For one thing DVC keeps many of them in good financial status.

As to their hands being tied, they can't do much after the fact but they have dealt with issues at times for us when we are actually there. The main problem is people wait until they go home to seek some assistance.

I have an issue I've been trying to resolve for about 4 weeks now and every time they call me they leave a number and when I call back, I get an answering machine. Today, I was lucky enough to be at my phone when they called and the representative who claimed to be a manager said they oftentimes answer the phone personally. I find that hard to believe as many times as I have had to return calls and then wait for them to call me back. Someone said on here that while nice, the representatives are all "smoke and mirrors." That has been my experience. Has anyone ever received a call from the "Member Satisfaction Team" and called back and actually gotten a live person?
I have though I've had a lot less issues the last few years than I did early on even though overall the system seems to have declined somewhat. I know I've said several times that they were good at making you feel good when looking at system change and complaints. However, I find they are generally very good at smoothing things over, often giving more than I think is reasonable in compensation. To summarize, I think they do a great job at making you feel good about a complaint and giving compensation but DVC is far less receptive than most timeshare systems when it comes to those complaints.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter