Member Services couldn't answer my questions. Can any of you?

travelbug

DIS Veteran
I called MS today to reserve 2 nights at BCV for cash, using the DVC discount. The CM quoted me the price of $311 plus tax.

Me: OK, $311. Do you happen to know how much tax there will be on that?

CM: No I don't. I deal with points reservations; I don't know anything about the cash ones. (Kinda scary since she had just made my cash ressie)

Me: That's OK, it's not that important.

CM: May I have a credit card number to hold your reservation?

Me: Sure. (Rattle off the info) I'm assuming that I'm paying for one night up front as a deposit, right?

CM: I don't think so. I think the CC just holds your reservation, but you're not actually charged anything up front. I'm not really sure. I deal with points reservations, not cash reservations.

Me: Oh. Is there someone else I should talk to that is used to dealing with cash reservations?

CM: Not really. All of us deal with points, not with cash.

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

Okay, so do any of YOU happen to know what tax rate is charged on a cash room? And will I be charged up front for one night at BCV, just as I would be at any other Disney hotel?

Thanks in advance! :wave2:

I think you are only charged when you show up or if you fail to cancel and don't show up. Tax rate is about 11% or there abouts.

Sounds like you were dealing with a very inexperienced CM! When we were at BCV this past summer the family we took with us paid for the last night because we were out of points. I put the reservation on my credit card which wasn't charged but used as a "hold". I believe the tax rate was 11.5% but if I'm misquoting, someone will let us know. Annmarie

Thanks, Deb and Annmarie. I figured I could count on my fellow DISers to have the answers! ::yes::

Just confirming - when you pay cash for WDW DVC accomodations, the tax is 11.5% and there is no deposit required.

Best wishes -

I just had a cash reservation with DVC discount and I had to put a deposit down. :confused3

cristbaby said:
I just had a cash reservation with DVC discount and I had to put a deposit down. :confused3
They actually charged your credit card?

My error, then. I don't recall that a deposit was required - either I remember wrong (not a surpirse, LOL) or it's a recent change.

Best wishes-

cristbaby said:

This must be something new because they didn't charge my card until the day we were staying on cash/credit reservation. Actually, when we checked in this past June the CM said she saw that I was not using points for our last night's stay and she said I could either leave it on the credit card then or pay for it the morning of - whichever was easier for me. Annmarie

I made a cash reservation within the last 2 weeks with the discount for May 2006 and I was told that my credit card would not be charged now. They just take the number and if you don't show up or cancel too late, you would be charged for one night.

Just confirming with my experience that we used cash and the DVC discount for a weekend in HH and although I gave them my credit card number to hold the room, they did not charge anything to the card until I arrived. I reserved about 4 months out.

FYI - I would have insisted on speaking to her supervisor - not another CM. To me - that is completely unacceptable. If they can take cash night reservations - they need to know the info regarding them. And if this is something many of the other CM's don't have the info on - we all need to pitch a stink until they get trained on the info. I expect the person taking my CC # to know what she's doing with it! :confused3

AFMom said:
FYI - I would have insisted on speaking to her supervisor - not another CM. To me - that is completely unacceptable. If they can take cash night reservations - they need to know the info regarding them. And if this is something many of the other CM's don't have the info on - we all need to pitch a stink until they get trained on the info. I expect the person taking my CC # to know what she's doing with it! :confused3
Yeah, in hindsight I realize that I probably should have asked to speak with a supervisor so that I could mention that the CM was repeatedly telling me she didn't know the answer to my questions. I was asking my questions just to clarify, but neither one was a big deal to me. (If they charge my CC now, fine. If they charge it later, fine. The money is there whenever.) So I probably shrugged off her lack of knowledge more than I should have, because her ignorance of those things could turn out to be a very big deal to someone else.

They won't charge your credit card until you arrive, or you fail to show on your first night; now that's a pretty sweet deal.

I have mixed cash and points ressies several times. Invariably, the tax on the WDW properties is 11.5%. If you are mixing cash with points ressies, they can issue you one set of keys and one parking permit that is good thu your entire stay (managed to do this over a long weekend when we checked in on a Weds, used points for Weds and Thurs nites, paid cash for Fri and Sat, then points again on Sun; this worked seamlessly, it just took a little longer to check in).

Good luck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter