Membership Magic: Star Wars Galactic Gathering...SERIOUSLY?

I have to admit I was envious of those that would be there in May and then I read the price of $1800 pp. Now I wish that spending $3600 for a weekend event meant nothing to DH and I. Plus all the money you would spend buying bottles of wine. But in reality I would think of what else I could spend that amount of money on. We could take at least a 7 day cruise in a balcony/verandah cabin.

Regarding the Galactic Gathering, where exactly is this going to be held and is EPCOT then closed for the rest of us peons during that time? I really really hope this is a total flop - sigh, but people will probably pay it. And so the craziness begins...

i think disney is testing the limits here. 225 pp is a bit extreme. i can't even imagine what they are going to try and get away with once GE opens....

Regarding the Galactic Gathering, where exactly is this going to be held and is EPCOT then closed for the rest of us peons during that time? I really really hope this is a total flop - sigh, but people will probably pay it. And so the craziness begins...

I think it's back in the building that they used to have the Merry Mixers. Epcot remains open for everyone else.

I think it's back in the building that they used to have the Merry Mixers. Epcot remains open for everyone else.
I think that’s a good guess. I really want to see/hear John Michael Montgomery, and I have been hoping his concert is still on.

I think that’s a good guess. I really want to see/hear John Michael Montgomery, and I have been hoping his concert is still on.

Yes, the description says it is in World Showplace (building between UK & Canada pavilions). No impact to regular guests. The name is so close to World Showcase it has to have caused many a misunderstanding.

Is that the same backstage building they used for exhibits and the Israel simulation ride during the Millennial Celebration?

yeah...no... Do they really think we are going to throw our money at them just because it has to do with SW? Give me a sneak peek or bring in the celebs where we can get autographs, then maybe. but simply what they are offering? NOT!!!

ETA: I suppose if people wanted to take photos with all the characters, that could be a pretty penny's worth so if the photos are included, maybe - but 225 per person and the kids are almost as expensive?!

ETA2 - when did this go out to DVCer? I just saw it today on the FB feed

I'm a massive Star Wars fan but no way I'd pay $225 for this even if I was around when this is on. As it is I'll be at Star Wars Celebration in Chicago which starts the next day and will actually have SW cast in attendance. My 5 day pass allowing me entry for all 5 days of the convention cost $215 which is less than the cost of this Galactic Gathering!!

They added this bullet to the original listing. I keep checking because I still believe there is more to this than just photo ops and some hors d’oeuvres.

They added this bullet to the original listing. I keep checking because I still believe there is more to this than just photo ops and some hors d’oeuvres.

Ah, the reserved area for Illuminations so totally makes it worth $225.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter