Memorial Day Weekend crowds comparison?

eeyoresmom

DIS Veteran
We've got a 3 day trip planned over Memorial Day weekend. We go several times a year but never this weekend. We will have a great time regardless but can anyone compare the crowds for us. Should we expect Christmas/Easter crowds or more like race weekend, spring break, etc.? We are bringing a first timer so need to prepare.

We go to Disney over Memorial Day weekend most every year. It is by no means like Christmas crowds. In my opinion, October crowds are worse than Memorial Day crowds.

It will be busy, but manageable. My family thinks it is a great time to visit!

We will also be there May 22nd-30th for the first time. Our past trips have been mid July, late Aug/Early Sept, and Mid Nov. Honestly the mid Nov trip felt as crowded as the mid July one. Hoping this trip is slightly better!

We went over Memorial Day weekend for 3 days in 2016. It was a more crowded than I expected, but we've never been at Christmas, so can't make that comparison. I will say this. We stayed at Riverside and the bus service was very unpredictable. Riverside has multiple bus stops and the MK buses were filling up before they got to the later stops. And, Disney did nothing to compensate for it. Multiple empty or 3/4 empty buses for the other parks would roll by before a single MK bus (which was usually already at near capacity) would stop. And, this happened every day we were there.

We are curious as well. WE are going for Star Wars Galactic Nights and a day at the Animal Kingdom. Touring Plans has a 6 for the AK on the Saturday we are going (an early entry day) and I thought it would be more than this. Tried to look on historical level from the year before but that was the opening day of Pandora so I couldn't go by that.

We always take our long summer trip over Memorial Day weekend because we get out of school just before that. It's actually one of the least crowded times that we go
Because many schools are not out yet and it's too close to the end of their school year for parents to take the kids out so they don't take trips. That means you only have the portion of the country who are out early to tend with. Sort of how Labor Day is at the end of Summer, where you have part of the country back in school and it's too soon to the start of the year for vacation so you only have the part of the country still out on summer break taking trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter