Memory maker

melissa70

Mouseketeer
So how does this work exactly? Do you have to summon photographers to take your picture/ video or is it a random thing? Also, if you purchase genie + and have your ride pics, do they link it to this service?

Well, my family has had Memory Maker on 2 trips. My DW and I enjoy adding this to our trip. I don't want to have to take pictures or ask people to take pictures of my family and I do have a nice smart phone with a good camera. It's just better and easier, in my opinion, to have Photo Pass CMs take the picture.

You do have to walk up to a Photo Pass CM (and sometimes there is a line waiting for pictures) and scan your MagicBand (or other ticket device with Memory Maker linked). After the CM scans your card, they take several pictures. Some of the pictures may include a Magic Shot where they add a character or a plus to the picture. For instance, in DLR, the CM added to my son's hands the Dr. Strange protective shields and my daughter had baby-Groot in her hand.

The Photo Pass folks are all over the parks. You can stop and take pictures whenever and wherever. My DW and I have commented that the Photo Pass CMs are consistently the nicest CMs to interact with.

The pictures will arrive and post to your MDE account. I don't recall if it takes to the end of the night or it is right away. There may be some delay, but once you have the pictures, you can download them to any device (including a thumb drive). I have turned several photos into wall art.

The attraction photos will also be added to your MDE account. I don't know if you get two sets of photos because of Memory Maker and Genie+, but I am assuming that you just get the one photo sent to your MDE. I believe that again the MagicBand scanned into the ride or read during the ride is what links the photo to your account, but I'm not techy.

I am a Memory Maker advocate. I think it is a worthwhile investment if you are going to take pictures in every park. Our family does, so it is a good thing.

Well, my family has had Memory Maker on 2 trips. My DW and I enjoy adding this to our trip. I don't want to have to take pictures or ask people to take pictures of my family and I do have a nice smart phone with a good camera. It's just better and easier, in my opinion, to have Photo Pass CMs take the picture.

You do have to walk up to a Photo Pass CM (and sometimes there is a line waiting for pictures) and scan your MagicBand (or other ticket device with Memory Maker linked). After the CM scans your card, they take several pictures. Some of the pictures may include a Magic Shot where they add a character or a plus to the picture. For instance, in DLR, the CM added to my son's hands the Dr. Strange protective shields and my daughter had baby-Groot in her hand.

The Photo Pass folks are all over the parks. You can stop and take pictures whenever and wherever. My DW and I have commented that the Photo Pass CMs are consistently the nicest CMs to interact with.

The pictures will arrive and post to your MDE account. I don't recall if it takes to the end of the night or it is right away. There may be some delay, but once you have the pictures, you can download them to any device (including a thumb drive). I have turned several photos into wall art.

The attraction photos will also be added to your MDE account. I don't know if you get two sets of photos because of Memory Maker and Genie+, but I am assuming that you just get the one photo sent to your MDE. I believe that again the MagicBand scanned into the ride or read during the ride is what links the photo to your account, but I'm not techy.

I am a Memory Maker advocate. I think it is a worthwhile investment if you are going to take pictures in every park. Our family does, so it is a good thing.
Thank you very much! I think I will add it!

It's so nice to have! We get it every trip. Whe end up with SO many pictures that we'd never get without it. Only one time did we have a trip where we had some "meh" photographers--the pictures were composed funny and some were even out of focus. But that seemed to be a one-off. We try to stop whenever we see one, especially if there is no line. Typically the areas I've seen with quite a few lines is when you enter the MK near the flagpole, Main Street itself--the first 1 or 2 you come up to as you head down Main Street have lines (if you go further towards the castle/hub there doesn't tend to be much if any wait). In AK there's usually a short line for pics in front of the Tree of Life. Epcot when you first enter by the big flower planter with SE in the background, the spot in front of GotG. HS mainly has a wait for pics in Galaxy's Edge--but they move fast, sometimes in front of ToT. And you can always ask if that specific photographer/location does the magic shots or just wait and be surprised.

Also to note, it's not uncommon for your ride photos to not pick up your MB. Not surprising to find a missing photo and have some other people put in the Memory Maker account🤣 I always recommend using the touch points at the end of the ride if you really want to make sure you get your attraction photo.

If your photo does not show up, I recommend calling or email. They will ask the date and approximate time and a description of your clothes. Or if you have other photos in your account, you can ask them to look at those photos for the description. I have been successful having missed photos added to my account every time I have made a request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter