Memphis (MEM) international airport

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
Anything I need to know about Memphis (MEM) or anything that might help?

We are flying mid January, Northwest Airlines, with a very brief stop over in Memphis. I am surprised that NWA has such SHORT layovers. (30 minutes going and just under an hour coming back.)

We fly Omaha to Memphis on a CRJ operated by Pinnacle. So I am figuring a small jet.
We board a 320. (Which still tells me nothing. ;) )
I have a print out of the Memphis airport. The only problem I can see if we have to run from one end of one concourse to one end of another.
But since NWA planned this layover, I would *think* everything would be taken into consideration. And I know more often than not extra time is padded into the flight times.

We've made connections through Memphis several times, all without any problems. Depending on where you're smaller plane comes in you should not have a problem. Sometimes the smaller planes are at more remote gates, but .. I doubt the airline would set the schedule if you couldn't make it.

All the food service is in the "center" of the hub so that part can be very congested, but the actual gates are not. We sometimes run a flight status check to see what gate the flight usually comes in and then on the other flight to see what gate it departs from. It's no guarantee that your flight will arrive and depart that way, but it could give you an idea of how much distance to expect. Have a great trip

It's a pretty small airport and it's very easy to find your way around. You shouldn't have a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter