Men Spiting

Males: Do you spit in the urinal before you use it?

• Yes

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • No

Votes: 23 85.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Asked my husband (because I've never heard of this)--he says he's seen individuals do this.

He answered he doesn't do it (so I answered the poll on his behalf).

I asked him why..he said he didn't know why just that he's seen individuals do this. Maybe it's just a habit thing where the answer to why originates somewhere no one remembers :rotfl2:

Never knew this was a thing until talking with family today.
Men do you spit in the urinal before using?
What a revolting habit. No.

Okay, if I had to spit, I guess stepping into the men's room to do it would make sense. But I can count the number of times I had to spit in the last year on one hand (generally involved a gnat flying into my mouth and one time a mouthful of gasoline).

Since Sturgis is still in the news cycle, I think spitting in the urinal is mostly a redneck thing, so you may or may not have heard of it.
A redneck thing?
Word police might find an issue ...
joking of course.

I guess spitting in the urinal is better than most places! I was in the ER a few weeks ago and some guy took off his mask and spit on the floor! During a pandemic!
GROSS!!

There is a guy work owns/works at a flower shop across the street from where I work. I have to walk by it to/from the parking lot. He is always spitting, not just normal spitting but hawking loogies. That is gross during normal times. Now it is down right scary.

I guess better than spitting on the ground? But seriously, I don't get it. Swallow your spit like everyone else does.

If someone needs to spit for some unknown reason, then the urinal seems to be as good a place as any. But it sounds like we're talking about this behavior as a ritual... That it's done every single time just because... THAT I don't get.

I asked my DH, and while he doesn't do it, he says, oh yeah, it's totally a thing. His dad always did it apparently, and he sees guys doing it all the time. He has no idea why, he thinks it's gross.

Also, he says another confusing and disgusting thing that happens at urinals is guys who flush it first, pee, and then don't flush after. What the heck?!!

Do I do it? Depends on whether I need to spit or not. If I do then sure I do it, if I don't need to then yeah, I don't do it. I suppose if I was that kind of person I could take offense to the earlier redneck reference, but truth is if like me you are a redneck, then you take no offense what so ever and actually own it as a matter of pride. Sorta like AA, "hi my name is Tex and I am a redneck." Maybe it's because of where I live, where I hang out, or that a lot of guys in the places I go have snuff in their mouths, but yeah they spit in urinals. Gross? I guess but I sure would rather they do it at the urinal then while they are somewhere else. Heck there is a bunch of Skoal dipping fools that carry a can or bottle around and spit in it.

Look up the song called Copenhaggen by Robert Earl Keene and listen to it. Good lessons to be learned and might teach you a thing or two about it. What he says in that song happens a lot more often than you think in my part of the world.

Sorry for taking the topic sideways but sometimes I find it funny that people get really weirded out by things that I don't even think about much in my world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter