• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Menu change Rose and Crown .... GRR!

Sparkie

DIS Veteran
Gone is the strip steak and fish so sad. No steak and fries on the kids menu either. There are other menu items that appeal to me but not the rest of my family. Time to try somewhere new.

For years I had been wanting to eat here. Last year spring break we did, and it was pretty much a let down for all of us (party of 6). One and done. My youngest loves Shepard's Pie, so got the vegetarian. Not a fan. I got the fish & chips, which were honestly not as good as the stand outside. Scotch Egg was just "meh" (I had to try it). No one's food was that great, just okay.

For years I had been wanting to eat here. Last year spring break we did, and it was pretty much a let down for all of us (party of 6). One and done. My youngest loves Shepard's Pie, so got the vegetarian. Not a fan. I got the fish & chips, which were honestly not as good as the stand outside. Scotch Egg was just "meh" (I had to try it). No one's food was that great, just okay.
To be fair, as someone who lives in the uk where scotch eggs can be found everywhere, I also find them meh, I don't think I know anyone that actually really likes them so you're not alone. We can also get 2 big scotch eggs for £1 in our local supermarket so $11 for one is extortionate.

Really? Both my husband and I have always preferred the stand to the R&C dining room fish, and I have seen this come up multiple times over the years and many others have agreed.

Yea considering they actually use cod in the restaurant - the stand had always sold a cheaper fish like pangasius until recently when they started using tilapia. But like I said different strokes for different folks.

Yea considering they actually use cod in the restaurant - the stand had always sold a cheaper fish like pangasius until recently when they started using tilapia. But like I said different strokes for different folks.

It's been a while since I've had it from the stand, but tilapia? That doesn't sound good (I don't eat tilapia).

To be fair, as someone who lives in the uk where scotch eggs can be found everywhere, I also find them meh, I don't think I know anyone that actually really likes them so you're not alone. We can also get 2 big scotch eggs for £1 in our local supermarket so $11 for one is extortionate.
I live in the UK and I like Scotch Eggs!

Every time I read of a menu change at R&C, I hope against hope that they've changed up the vegetarian offering. Alas, it's been more than a decade since I last ate there, as the vegetarian cottage pie holds no appeal for me.

OP, I'm sorry the recent menu changes negatively impact your family's ability to eat there!

The steak and fish was really good. It was a decent value for the dining plan. I’m sad it’s not there for my November trip. We are going anyway as my family really enjoys the restaurant.

This is a disappointing change. My bangers and mash is still there but I'm the only one I know that likes them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter