Mickey, Momma, and Me! - A PTR! ~The Last Word! 4/19~

sunny_stace

DIS Veteran
:goodvibes Hi Everyone!:goodvibes

I have decided (against my better judgement) to do a PTR. This is against my better judgement because I am not good at finishing what I start, especially when it comes to my TR's! But, that is all in the past and I need something to fill in the last two weeks before we leave!:laughing: Here are the W's:

Who - my momma(Judi) and me(Stacy)!
What - Walt Disney World vacation!
Where - Caribbean Beach Resort!
When - April 21 - 30, 2010 (though leaving for the Airport on the 20th)
Why - for fun! Also, we'll be celebrating my mum's 61st B-Day!:yay:

SO! The next trip is in exactly two weeks from today! My mother and I will be arriving at WDW on April 21, 2010! We will be there for nine nights and ten glorious days!:thumbsup2 This is also crazy because yes, it will be me and my mother! She and I haven't been to WDW together in 14 years! She also hasn't been there since!

Before I go any further I will give you a rundown on her and I (using old pictures from our last vacation together in Las Vegas in March 2008 ;)):

My Momma, Judi!
vegas_march_2008_155.jpg

Yep! Mum and I definately had fun at Trader Vic's! ;) As I mentioned, the last time my mum went to WDW, I was 14...14 years ago! She's not a Disney fanatic in the least - infact sometimes I wonder if I'm truly her daughter!:laughing: But she is so desperate to go on vacation this year that she decided to come with me! She is 60 years young, retired, and her Disney favourites are Winnie the Pooh and the gang from the Hundred Acre Wood (though if you asked her who lived in the Hundred Acre Wood she probably wouldn't know!), the original Parent Trap, and Dory (since she loves Ellen Degeneres!). She is mostly looking forward to laying by the pool with her paperbacks! Her favourite foods are steak, roast beef, etc. She's a real meat and potatoes kinda lady. She also likes gardening so I think she'll enjoy the Flower and Garden Festival!

Me - Stacy
vegas_march_2008_006.jpg

I am the Disney fanatic and planner! I am seriously looking forward to this trip since I couldn't get one in during 2009. April 21 cannot come quickly enough! I've been going as often as possible since my mum and dad first took me in August 1992. I'm 28, a jewelry sales associate, and my Disney favourites are Mary Poppins, Daisy, and the Haunted Mansion! I am most looking forward to getting away to my favourite place and everything about it! I can't wait to go on rides, see attractions, shop, eat, and everything else! I have also never been to the Flower and Garden festival and am very much looking forward to the new experience!:goodvibes This year I am also crossing off an item on my Disney Bucket List, which is the Backstage Magic Tour! I have been wanting to take it since I was 16! My favourite foods are all pretty basic, but at Disney I love parmesan mashed potatoes (Chef Mickey's) and any kind of breakfast buffet! I also can't wait to see Wishes again!

We'll be leaving home on April 20th for Detroit to stay overnight before our 7:15am flight. It's about 2 hours from our home here in southern Ontario. It's a bit closer than flying from Toronto and much less expensive! We have all of our "Mickey Mail" and everything else ready to go! We just have to take care of the packing and few other preparations. And of course live our lives as normal until we can fill them with more magic!;)

As soon as I get a new camera card I will fill you in with more pictures...and some more recent photos of us! :rolleyes1 I'll also give you a run down of what things we're planning on doing and where we're going to be eating and all types of other ideas we have in mind!

See ya real soon!:thumbsup2

Hi there, we'll be staying at CBR starting 4/23!! Maybe we'll see you around the pool! Can't believe it's coming up so soon!! Are you ready??

Hi there, we'll be staying at CBR starting 4/23!! Maybe we'll see you around the pool! Can't believe it's coming up so soon!! Are you ready??

Hi! I'm looking forward to trying out CBR, I've never stayed there before! Did you put out a specific request for a building or island? You're trip is coming up super quick too!:goodvibes We're pretty much ready. I think I'm more ready than my mum, because I know what to expect. Heaven knows I am definately ready for a vacation!

Well Hello Ms Stacy!!!!! Trying to sneek at PTR with no bat signal? naughty gnomie!!

Your hair is so cute in that picture of you, is it still that length?

Well Hello Ms Stacy!!!!! Trying to sneek at PTR with no bat signal? naughty gnomie!!

Your hair is so cute in that picture of you, is it still that length?

I am here, Stacey!!! :yay:

I agree with Katie -- your hair is super cute in that picture!

Well thank you my gnomie ladies! :goodvibes My hair is back to this length...well, maybe slightly shorter, and I have also recently gotten some blonde highlights!

Thanks for coming by!:thumbsup2

So! It's after 11pm on Thursday night but I wanted you all to see that I kept my promise! I went and got a new camera card today so I have some new pictures for you all to see! Now, there are none here of myself or my mum (she wasn't over anymore and I have no make up on and my hair is not styled!), but you can see some updates we recently did to our home!

For those of you who aren't familiar, I live in my mother's house with my aunt DiDi and my cousin Kyle (15). They moved in around the beginning of October 2009. We fixed up every room in the house but the laundry room! We also did some shuffling around recently, so I could take over the entire basement with my bedroom, and turned the office/bedroom into a walk-in closet! Here are some photos of the house:

This is the dining room which is just off the living room and kitchen (the whole main floor is open concept really)
newrooms003.jpg

Here is the cutie sign over the door heading down to my room(s)
newrooms005.jpg

Here's my new walk-in closet!
newrooms002.jpg

newrooms004.jpg

And a couple of my bedroom (sorry, I don't believe in making the bed!)
newrooms008.jpg

newrooms007.jpg

newrooms006.jpg

newrooms001.jpg

Well, I'm off to bed, have to go to work in the morning and it is going to be freezing outside! Hope you all had a great thursday, and have a lovely Friday!:)

I'm here Stace.....so excited for you and for your trip! Can't wait for more!

I'm here Stace.....so excited for you and for your trip! Can't wait for more!

Welcome miss Jen! Thanks for coming over! :)

10 glorious days in Disney! I can't wait to hear all about it!! :)

Thanks C! I can't wait to get there! :goodvibes

Love all the home improvements you have done -- and I love all the Audrey Hepburn stuff in your room! :lovestruc

Thanks Jackie!:goodvibes I do love miss Audrey! I need to get some Marilyn Monroe, Bridget Bardot, and Jackie O! I have some other Audrey stuff in my bedroom but not everything is on the walls yet. There is still tons of Disney stuff to go up!

How's everyone been for the last few days? Things have been going well here! Everyday I am that much closer to the trip and therefore much happier in general!:laughing:

Over the weekend my cousin helped me celebrate my upcoming trip to WDW (and the rest of the household's trip to visit family in Indiana) buy helping me bake a cake! Well....he baked the cake:rolleyes1 I ate it! And played with the dog while he worked! Here's Kyle, the cake, Brody the doggie (who looks like a cross between a german shephard, a dingo, and Bambi!), and me!

shirts012.jpg

shirts010.jpg

shirts011.jpg

shirts014.jpg

Let them eat cake!

shirts013.jpg

It was delicious but it didn't last long in our house!:goodvibes

I did some more shopping and preparing today. I bought a new battery charger so I will be able to reuse batteries this year instead of carrying a couple of pounds worth around with me all the time! I also got a new bathing suit (do not expect a photo!) and a travel deodorant! Oh, and I got my eyebrows waxed so I wont look like a bushwoman from the Amazon in my photos!:eek:

Once I got home from running all these errands I started going through my summer clothes to prepare for packing! Most of my bottoms are in the laundry right now, but I grabbed several of my Disney T-shirts out. I need you guys to help me choose which ones I should take. I don't really want to take them all since I want to take some non-Disney ones, and I also want to leave room for the ones I will inevitabley buy!

So, I have taken pictures of the shirts I have, all laid out on my bed! Please feel free to comment on your choices!

shirts008.jpg

And a few close-ups

shirts002.jpg

shirts005.jpg

shirts007.jpg

shirts003.jpg

shirts004.jpg

shirts006.jpg

So what do you think?:confused3

Oh yeah, did I mention that at this time next week we'll be at our hotel in Detroit?!:woohoo: My mother will be trying desperately to get me to sleep and I will not be doing it!:rotfl:

The cake looks delicious! I wouldn't mind having a great, big slice of that for breakfast! Yum!

Love all your t-shirts! I think my favorite one is the Cinderella one! :goodvibes

I can't believe how close your trip is! :eek:

The cake looks delicious! I wouldn't mind having a great, big slice of that for breakfast! Yum!

Love all your t-shirts! I think my favorite one is the Cinderella one! :goodvibes

I can't believe how close your trip is! :eek:

Sorry Miss Jackie but that cake was long gone by the next night!

I will be sure to take my Cinderella shirt! And in less than a week I can wear in front of her castle!:woohoo:

Love the pics of your shirts. I have many of the same ones! :)

I love the black mickey one and I love all the 'ride' shirts you have.

Have fun in your packing!

Love the pics of your shirts. I have many of the same ones! :)

I love the black mickey one and I love all the 'ride' shirts you have.

Have fun in your packing!

Thanks! I guess I'll be taking my black Mickey one too! That one was a super bargain at Walmart in MI, it was on clearance for $3.00! That's so awesome that you're planning a surprise trip for your DH! I wish someone would do that for me!

We arrive on the 21st too...but we're at Pop and only for seven nights this time...:sad1:

Seven nights is still pretty awesome! That's how long my last trip was and we still got everything we wanted to do accomplished! Have you stayed at the Pop before? We thought about staying there but my mum fell in love with the idea of CBR. Do you have any special plans while you're there? Maybe we'll see ya around!:thumbsup2

Wow, you'll be there so SOON! I agree w/ Jackie, love the happily ever after t-shirt. Also like the Rock n Roller coaster tee and the Minnie Mouse "it's your job to make me happy" shirt. I have quite a collection of Disney shirts too. I'd be afraid to lay them all out on the bed...:rolleyes1

Have fun with the final countdown to your trip!! :)

Wow, you'll be there so SOON! I agree w/ Jackie, love the happily ever after t-shirt. Also like the Rock n Roller coaster tee and the Minnie Mouse "it's your job to make me happy" shirt. I have quite a collection of Disney shirts too. I'd be afraid to lay them all out on the bed...:rolleyes1

Have fun with the final countdown to your trip!! :)

Oh C, that was hardley all the shirts I have!! Just some of my faves! I just looked at the weather report though and I may need to add some tanks into the mix!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter