Mickey's Backyard BBQ Vs. Hoop Dee Doo Vs. Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show

goofyfan5

Earning My Ears
We are debating which show to do when we go to Disney. We have never gone to one of these shows. Looking for something new to do. We will have a 3yr old, 7yr old, 10 yr old (3) and 11yr old and 6 adults. What are the pros/ cons of each. What is your preference.

Thanks!!

~Ally

We did Hoop Dee Doo with our 5, 7, and 11 year-old. EVERYONE had a blast. I'd highly recommend it.

Did both with our kids and nieces/nephews over the years - when they were this age, they preferred the BBQ. They really loved dancing with the Disney characters and preferred the food options. We (the adults) always preferred Hoop, and our kids also prefer it now that they are older.

This really should be posted on the Restaurant Forum here on the DIS, not on Theme Parks. You'll get lots of opinions there.

We've done it all and for all the kids and you to enjoy? HDDR. Hands down. Super fun and great food. Fun for all. I need to put up our youtube video of HDDR because my 3 yo was SUPER cranky, tired, hot, (refused to nap before) and then the music started. She went from princess fussybuns to MESMERIZED by the music. Within 2 minutes she was clapping and laughing out loud at the jokes. It was a blast. A must do.

IMVHO the older kids will be bored at MBYBBQ and the younger ones will be bored at Spirit (actually we were ALL bored at Spirit lol).

#1 - HDDR - all ages will enjoy the show and food
#2 - Luau - adults would like more because of the food, but the show is hokey
#3 - MBB - more for the younger kids

We do SOA every year and split the others every other year. We love the dinner shows. If any of them sucked they would never be booked.

We've done HDDR multiple times, and love it! Music, comedy, dancing and great food, what's not to like? We did the BBQ and the Luau once each and it was definitely a "one and done" thing for us. We tried them, they were fun for what they were but we don't need to go back. If your children like to dance with the characters then they might like the BBQ but my son is too shy and didn't want to, and we coudln't see well where we were so it really was a bust for us. Plus it rained. The food was ok. Luau, food was ok, show was terrible in my opinion. Very boring. That and I don't like to see fire eaters - ick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter