Mickeys Halloween Party Review

I also went on Saturday night and we had a great time. I echo the frustration with traffic and getting into the parking structure. It normally takes us about 45 minutes from our front door to the esplanade and it took us almost and hour and a half! The good thing was, we walked right into DCA at 7:35. The lines for the rides were all about 5 - 10 minutes. The trick or treat lines looked long, but moved pretty quickly. I am hoping that they get rid of the sticker thing before they try this again. The candy was good also! I think it seems crowded because most of the people that are in attendance are just waling around and hanging out, rather than inside the attractions. We had a great time and this was definitely worth 15 dollars!

Tinkerbell, where is the Mickey and Minnie photo op? I know the lines for M&M get super long, so we wanted to hit them first.

Thanks for the great write-ups everyone!

thanks to everyone who has posted their comments and suggestions! We have tickets for thursday night. Not sure whether to do the hour wait to get in first or go a little after 7:30! We have a large crowd and many kids, who will be too excited to sit and wait for a long time!

For all: There's an excellent review over on MICEAGE.COM by Sue Cruse on the event. She seemed to do everything that we didn't. She posted some very nice pictures and I haven't been able to figure out how to post any here yet.

RobinB: I'm glad others were able to post alternatives to waiting in the lines. My DS found romping with Peter Pan, Prince Charming & the Red Power Ranger almost as much fun as what went on inside the park.

I'd like to second the motion for event merchandise (pins, t-shirts, etc) that I'd have gladly purchase to commerate the fun. Also it would have been nice to pay a couple of extra bucks to be able to get the CM taken pictures e-mailed to a home address. They would make neat screen-saver/desktops. I can't imagine they'd be losing any money on this, there can't be many people who are ever able to get re-prints.

DisneyFalcon: M&M are located next to the Chinese restaurant on the lower level. The line forms between the Tortilla Factory & the Sourdough Bread Bakery.

Chinese restaurant! How did we miss this? We've eaten at the bread place and Mexican place but never even noticed a Chinese restaurant! :rotfl2:

Thanks for the reply denyd!!

gary403 said:
We had a great time, just disappointed they didn't have any event exclusive merchandise ( t-shirts,pins,etc.)

Big Marketing mistake I think. DCA probably could have made extra dollars selling exclusive pins and t-shirts.

That is a big disappointment.

It's called the Lucky Fortune Cookery and I've heard it's only open on really busy weekends, but I've never seen it open. It's too bad because the menu sounds quite good. It's a counter service type and according to the web page it serves chicken & beef rice bowls, chicken salad and dim sum.

I agree about the lack of merchandise. I've still got a couple of 1990's New Year's Eve T-shirts that are among my favorites.

It would be neat if DCA could do a special New Year's Eve party as a special event party. A lot of parents would find it a great place to drop their teens for a 9pm-2am party. Back in the late 80's, Disneyland would close about 6pm and then re-open from 8pm to 3am for a special event party ($30) that was a great time to be had by all. Top notch entertainment with a Jazz group in Tomorrowland, a C&W group on Tom Sawyer Island and a Pop Group in front of the Castle. Hats & Noisemakers for everyone and a limited admission of 30,000, which seemed empty. I remember having our party of 4 having our own boats for Small World & POTC and no waits longer that 15 minutes, even for the brand new Star Tours.

We were at MHT this past Friday, and although we enjoyed ourselves and were glad to experience it, we found it to be pretty boring. We were hoping for more characters to be out and maybe have a little entertainment (other than really loud music and "dancing" in front of the sun fountain.

Let me just sum up our experience. We went back to the hotel for a quick nap before heading back to DCA for the party. We went thru DTD and arrived at the security check point around 7pm. It was lined up back to the fountain! We finally made it thru and got in line at DCA where the lines were passed the Honda/Space Mountain promo thing.

When we got in we had no idea what was going on or where to go so we just walked around. The Treat Stations lines were HUGE so we didn't even bother. We walked to a couple of the character stations to see who was there and snapped a few pictures. We noticed that several of the rides were opened but we were hoping to find some "Halloween" things going on to entertain us. We eventually gave up looking and decided to ride Soarin. There was no line, but it took about 20 minutes before the let us in to load and ride the thing! When we got out of there we started walking back around to checkout the characters again. I think it was around 9pm and it was dead. There were no lines at the treat Stations, but everyone was over at the Pacific Wharf area doing the coloring activities and waiting to get pics with Mickey and Minnie.

We didn't go over to Paradise Pier area, but I wish we would have. The free games would have been cool.

Anyway, here's a few pics... some of them are a bit blurry:

Here's Mickey & Minnie... they were posing for me as some lady decided to just cut across with her stroller!
MHT-MickeyMinnie.jpg

MHT1.jpg

MHT2.jpg

MHT3.jpg

MHT4.jpg

MHT5.jpg

MHT6.jpg

We took about 600 pictures during the 4 days and just got back yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to go thru them all. I'll post a few others later.

That's it for now. Let me know if you have any questions.

Oh, About the strollers... I think I heard a CM say that rental was free during the event!

vascubaguy- Thank you for sharing your pics. I will be there Thursday night with my daughter. :flower:

We went on Friday night. The party was somewhat disappointing compared to WDW party standards - no merchandise, no parade or fireworks, etc., but for the price we paid, it was worth it. Plus there were less people than at WDW, which made it nice. We rode Tower of Terror, California Screaming and Soarin with basically no wait, played games on the pier and took home more candy than we can possibly eat. We enjoyed the music, the decorations and watching the little ones in their costumes. It was a "fun" 3 hours for us. We did think there should have been some prize for getting all the stickers, though!!

Did most adults dress up too or mainly the kids?
Thanks for sharing the pic's too. Really cute.

vascubaguy said:
We were at MHT this past Friday, and although we enjoyed ourselves and were glad to experience it, we found it to be pretty boring. We were hoping for more characters to be out and maybe have a little entertainment (other than really loud music and "dancing" in front of the sun fountain.

Let me just sum up our experience. We went back to the hotel for a quick nap before heading back to DCA for the party. We went thru DTD and arrived at the security check point around 7pm. It was lined up back to the fountain! We finally made it thru and got in line at DCA where the lines were passed the Honda/Space Mountain promo thing.

When we got in we had no idea what was going on or where to go so we just walked around. The Treat Stations lines were HUGE so we didn't even bother. We walked to a couple of the character stations to see who was there and snapped a few pictures. We noticed that several of the rides were opened but we were hoping to find some "Halloween" things going on to entertain us. We eventually gave up looking and decided to ride Soarin. There was no line, but it took about 20 minutes before the let us in to load and ride the thing! When we got out of there we started walking back around to checkout the characters again. I think it was around 9pm and it was dead. There were no lines at the treat Stations, but everyone was over at the Pacific Wharf area doing the coloring activities and waiting to get pics with Mickey and Minnie.

We didn't go over to Paradise Pier area, but I wish we would have. The free games would have been cool.

Anyway, here's a few pics... some of them are a bit blurry:

Here's Mickey & Minnie... they were posing for me as some lady decided to just cut across with her stroller!
MHT-MickeyMinnie.jpg

MHT1.jpg

MHT2.jpg

MHT3.jpg

MHT4.jpg

MHT5.jpg

MHT6.jpg

We took about 600 pictures during the 4 days and just got back yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to go thru them all. I'll post a few others later.

That's it for now. Let me know if you have any questions.

Oh, About the strollers... I think I heard a CM say that rental was free during the event!

Thanks for the report back. Don't you hate it when other people or things get in front of your camera?? That's one of my pet peeve's. Other than that, your pictures came out good for being in the dark.

I think I got the jist of things of what happened at the Halloween party from reading other people's reviews and the one from Sue Cruse at Miceage.com. Sounds like everyone has a good time. I'm just wondering did you feel that there was enough time to do everything that you wanted to do given the time frame allowed?

I'm guessing either you'll go to all the stations, and/or go on rides, and or take pictures with your fav characters, and/or, play games. Phew! sounds like a lot to do.

I go on the 30th, the last day so I am waiting with anticipation. :earsgirl:

Ginarella said:
Thanks for the report back. Don't you hate it when other people or things get in front of your camera?? That's one of my pet peeve's. Other than that, your pictures came out good for being in the dark.

I think I got the jist of things of what happened at the Halloween party from reading other people's reviews and the one from Sue Cruse at Miceage.com. Sounds like everyone has a good time. I'm just wondering did you feel that there was enough time to do everything that you wanted to do given the time frame allowed?

I'm guessing either you'll go to all the stations, and/or go on rides, and or take pictures with your fav characters, and/or, play games. Phew! sounds like a lot to do.

I go on the 30th, the last day so I am waiting with anticipation. :earsgirl:

If you get there early, I'd recommend going to Mickey & Minnie for a photo op first (over at Pacific Wharf). After that do a few of the rides and play some games. When you get those out of the way, then do the Treat stations for the candy. That should help you get more done in the time you are there.

Oh, and I noticed a lot of adults (including us) dressed up.

Thanks for posting the reviews of the first weekend. We will be attending on Friday night with my DNeice and DNephew10. I has hoping some one who has already gone could answer a question :scratchin --Are you allowed to get autographs at the Princess and ::MickeyMo & ::MinnieMo photo ops? My neice keeps reminding me that the last time we took her to DL she missed out on autographs from the Princess (her favorites) and I think I will be constantly reminded of this. Thanks and happy halloween :maleficen

I saw a lot of adult guests dress up. I saw an adult Tigger, Mrs. Potts, Donald and Daisy Duck, Glenda the Good Witch and the Green Emerald City mayor? I saw several older gentlemen with capes, several Sallys, a lot of sock hoppers, even more cheerleaders, Strawberry Shortcake, the Scooby Doo gang, and Alice in Wonderland that looked kinda *wrong* to me. That's what I can remember off the top of my head from Saturday night. I really enjoyed the Glenda and Mayor costumes. They were a truly magical couple. I would say, if you feel like it, dress up. If you don't, no big deal. It's half and half. There are enough people dressing up that you won't feel out of place.

Went last night 10/27 with DD10, her best friend, and her friends parents. We went early so the girls could go to Build-A-Bear and Club Libby Lu. DD has been saving her money for 2 months for this. They had a great time. Build-A-Bear now has dolls that look like Groovy Girls called Friends 2B Made and both girls made one, then it was off to Club Libby Lu to make a "potion", sparkly body gel for DD and body glitter for her friend. We then surprised the girls with a character dinner at Goofy's Kitchen. After that it was off to Ca. Adventure. Got in line at 7:25 and was through the gate in less than 5 minutes. Walked onto Soarin' and Tower of Terror, and several other rides. :Pinkbounc Never waited more than 5 minutes for anything. The time went by really quickly - Disney should think about extending the hours. We had a wonderful time until - we walked out to the tram stop and were told that the trams had STOPPED RUNNING for the night. :confused3 When we drove in we were directed to park in the Timon parking lot, not the Mickey and Friends parking structure, great we thought, less walking! We left right when the park closed at 10:30 and no tram. Had to drag 2 tired kids, not to mention 3 tired adults on a VERY long walk. I believe that the trams to the Mickey parking structure were still running. So just a heads up - don't let them send you to park in the Timon section!

I just got back from our wonderful party experience! Funny, I read through all these reviews and didn't experience the crowds at all on our night. We got there an hour early and did the lead-in wait, but it was okay because my son (dressed like Jack Sparrow) had fun making new friends in line. When we entered the basically empty park, we had a great time going straight to the pier area and being the first to go to nearly all of the trick or treat stations--I mean, no one ahead of us at all! We had Peter Pan join us to walk to a few of the stations--talk about quality character interaction! Snow White showed up for awhile and was talking with us as well. I got a great pic of Peter Pan, Snow White and my son just talking together on the pier. We had almost all the stickers within the first hour (except for the stops in the backlot area). It was my birthday so it was funny when the scarecrows near Bug's Life area called out Happy Birthday to me :cake: :bday:

We rode the carrousel and played a few "free" games but that was it for rides. I enjoyed watching the DL fireworks in perfect view from DCAs entrance and roaming the stores with hardly any people in them. I had lots of chocolate to snack on while I shopped :banana:

I loved the Halloween themed music all over the park and the Halloween "spirits" that were spread out over the resort. The pumpkin and bat light projections were great, too. We had a lot of fun :cool1:

Hello everyone!

I just finally got around to posting on this thread. We went on the 29th and had a blast. We loved the Halloween music, and the character interaction we had was great. The end of the night in the front of the park was awesome for getting character pics.

We recvd more than enough candy! And getting to play the games at the pier for candy was very nice also.

We hope they do this again next year! My DD5 had a blast as did the adults. LOL

Kirsty

Here are some pics from our night!

icon6.jpg

MickeysHalloweenTreat024.jpg

MickeysHalloweenTreat029.jpg

projection on the streets
MickeysHalloweenTreat035.jpg

MickeysHalloweenTreat068.jpg

The treat stations around the park.
MickeysHalloweenTreat091_edited.jpg

My daughter and I went on Friday night, the 28th and we loved it. Unfortunately we were only there an hour, we hit horrific traffic and added 2 hours to our usual time.

That hour was so fun though, and I have to say the best character interaction I have ever experienced. Since we were only there an hour we hopped over to Disney afterwards and had a blast. My daughter was dressed as Princess Leia, I just couldn't resist taking her to Star Tours.

We would definitely go to an event like this again, I hope there are more.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter