Mickey's toontown morning madness

piratewench

Earning My Ears
Just exactly what IS Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness? And do you need a special ticket? I noticed it on the schedule for 9:20 am, and the park opens at 9:00 that day. We have a 12 year old and I was just wondering if he'd like it!
Thanks for your help :)

Yes you need a special admission ticket for this, only available if you book a package through Walt Disney Travel.

I really wish they would not list this on the schedule, since it makes it seem as though it is for all guests.

Thanks so much for the information! I saw that, and wondered about it. I guess that means ToonTown ususally opens one hour after the general park? Whew...a lot to keep straight.

How much time would you allocate for driving to LAX from DL? Obviously, time of day would matter, but I just wanted to get a general sense.

Can someone who's been to it describe what it's like and whether it is worth paying extra for a hotel room to experience it? Thanks.

its cute ... but i definitely would not pay extra for it
i dont think a 12-year-old boy would have any interest in it at all ...

the "madness" consist of a short parade of charcters (and i use the term parade lightly) they sorta dance down the street to city hall where one family is picked family of the day ... mickey makes a short speech and everyone ther gets "sworn in" as offical toontown citizens ... CMs hand out buttons to everyone and the characters go to their houses for autographs and pix ... i think mostly it was designed to give hotel guests a perk in the form of access to character greeting with a bit less of a wait

we did get to ride the gadget go-coaster and roger rabbit spin with no wait and she was able to bounce in the bounce house with no line. i strongly suspect 12-year old boy would be too big for bounce house.

dont make yourselves crazy about it ... even my 7 year old daughter wasnt that intrested ... it would probably be best suited for toddlers and preschoolers who to see mickey and the other characters more than ride the rides.... but even then if i didnt have tix i would not pay extra for them i'd just be there right at officially toontown opening time. it certainly was not crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter