• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Midway airport....

Buzzsgramma

DIS Veteran
Has anyone flown out of MDW to MCO lately???? We leave next wk and were wondering about check in times...lines etc....we plan on being there..2 hrs before flight scheduled to leave

We leave in 26 days and I was wondering the same thing!

Have not flown to MCO but have recently flown out of Midway a few times. You should follow that plan to get there about 2 hours early. Lines tend to be long (although it varies at different imes of day) but allowing 2 hours is sufficient.

Thanks, drusba....we have flown out of there 2x in the last 6 mths.....this incl. 9/21/2001.....without any problem...

I think the time of day is the key here. I flew out of Midway last Wednesday. Had a 9:00 am flight, so I was there by just before 7:00. Used curb-side check-in, which was a breeze. When I walked inside, the check-in lines there were pretty long, so using curb-side probably saved a good 20-30 minutes. The lines to go through the security scanners were probably 20-30 people deep (with about 4 or 5 lines open). They needed to hand-check all laptop computers, which slowed things down a bit. but I'd say I was through there in about 15 minutes. So I was in the gate area by about 7:15-7:20 or so. Not too bad at all (except for the long wait, a gate change (from the new to the old terminal), and a 40 min flight delay).

We are flying out on the afternoon of the Thurs. before Easter, so I will post a full report when we return. Hubby is taking the day off work and I am leaving early, so we will have plenty of time. This is the first time we're flying out of Midway since 9/11, so it will be a new life experience...we've done O'Hare several times and have been very lucky--no major waits there at all. Hopefully MDW will be the same. It will be interesting to see how they react to my pin bag. At O'Hare, they tend to scrutinize it closely and call a supervisor, but so far they have always eventually let me carry it on.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter