Mike' Make Over Madness!

Needless to say this has been a very stressful week. But as it is Easter, I am trying to remember the things I am thankful for in my life, especially the people.

I got the gym every day this week, might not have worked out as hard as I would have liked but I felt like getting there and doing something was better than staying home and wallowing. Weighed in yesterday, down 3lbs this week. I will take it, though 3lbs seems to be my new pattern.

Have a great Easter all if you celebrate! If not, have a great Sunday anyway! :-)

Good for you Mike. Stay the course. Perhaps you can use the freer time to be at the gym as much as you like?

Also, I think that being the best version of you will only make the job search easier, and help you give strong interviews etc?

Hang in there buddy - I'm sure there are good things waiting for you in this next chapter.

I'm so sorry to hear the news, Mike. :(

Keep on keeping on, my friend. There are new opportunities out there with your name on them! :wizard:

I am so proud of you for staying OP during this stressful time. :thumbsup2

Please don't write your Disney trip off yet. There are so many good things that can happen in the year to come. Keep on planning that trip and look forward to all the fun that you will have while in Disney.

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!:goodvibes

Hi all!!

Very sorry that I have been silent the past few days but honestly when life comes crashing in like it has of late I tend to lose my talkative nature. Things are still status quo on the unemployment front.

I did want to check in and say that I am doing my best to stay on track with my diet and working out though. I actually went for a 4mile walk with my best friend and his dog today. Furthest I have ever gone without major rest. I am beat, exhausted and very happy. While things are rough professionally and emotionally, I am feeling great physically. Which is important. I will be honest though, resisting the emotional impulses to binge have been soooo hard. A constant struggle the past week really. But I am surviving it.

I hope that you all are doing well and again, I apologize for disappearing for a few.

Mike

So glad you posted Mike - I have been thinking about you!!! Glad to hear you are doing your best to stay on track. Control the things you can control - the rest is out of your hands. Big hug!

Glad you posted Mike! I was fixin' to drive to RI to hunt you down!

4 miles?!?! Sweet!!!

Don't worry about disappearing, the DIS has been whack lately! But I'm glad to see you doing well. I'll keep praying something opens up work wise for you.

Thank you both very much!

Woke up very very sore this morning from yesterday's walk! lol All the more reason to head to the gym today I suppose! :thumbsup2

Just did my measurements as this week marks the second month of my working out/new focused diet start. I am down 21 inches overall!! I better find a job soon before all of my nice dress clothes are way too big for me. lol.

Also, I am down 4lbs this week! I will definitely be doing some more long walks! haha

Sunday is my birthday so I am making some plans for the weekend. I want to treat myself with a nice dessert when I go out to dinner with friends, something much nicer than crappy store bought birthday cake. So we are trying to find the perfect place to go for dinner. Well you're only splurging rarely, you need to make it count! lol

Hope that everyone is off to a great start this monday morning!

21 inches? that is amazing Mike!!

As for clothes, try Goodwill and Salvation Army, they might have something. My friend had gastric bypass and solely shopped there for the longest time because it was becoming very costly.
I can't wait to hear what your new size is, that is so cool. We are all really proud of you, especially with all that is going on.

4 pounds is great! Yay! I'm so excited!

Congratulations on the 4 pounds and 21 inches lost!:cheer2: You are doing a wonderful job!:thumbsup2

Sending lots of good thoughts, prayers, and :wizard::wizard: your way for the job situation. I hope things work out for you VERY soon!:goodvibes

Keep on keeping on, Mike! :cheer2:

That is amazing Mike. I know from experience that it is such hard work. GOOD FOR YOU! How strong you are.

I'm going through the clothing crisis, too. All my pants are too big, and some shirts just don't look right. I bought a couple pairs of jeans, but they are a smidge too tight for everyday wear, but I don't want to wear my older baggy ones either. Sigh. I don't want to buy too much right now because I want to lose further weight.

Michael, Michael, Where for art thou Michael???

Do not make me go all mama bear on you and hunt you down?? RI is not that big ya know!

I'm still here!! Spent the past few days celebrating my birthday so I have been off the grid a bit. But I am doing ok. The job search continues, up a pound at my weigh in this week but that was expected after this weekend's planned debauchery. I also struggled to get all my usual water in the past few days so I know that had an effect too. But besides that blip I am doing the best I can at the moment! Still at the gym every day.

Considering going "primal/paleo" for a month. Been doing a lot of research on it the past two weeks or so. Reading Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint right now. Feel like it could be a good shake up for me to keep my body and metabolism guessing. We'll see!

Hope everyone is doing well! Sorry I have been incommunicado!!

Hi all!

Still kicking here! Been kind of a wild week trying to deal with a lot of hurdles in my life and my family's so I have not been on line as much as I would like. I have recovered from last week's 1lb gain, with a 5lb loss this week! :-)

And like I said, I am starting a Paleo challenge. It's called the Whole 30, you can read about it if interested here. The basics are no processed foods, chemicals, grains, or dairy. Includes lots of vegetables, proteins, good fats, fruit and some nuts. The way I have been eating prior to this was relatively close, but the biggest hurdles will be giving up dairy and the occasional sweet treat, also 30 days without alcohol/beer. I can do it, I like challenges! I will be reporting in on how it is going so you'll be sure to hear about it. The first week is allegedly tough energy wise and mentally getting into it, so we will see what happens.

Hope everyone is doing well!!!
Mike

Mike!!! 100 pounds to go!!!! OMG you are so almost there!!! Soon you will be in double digits!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Congrats on the 5 pound loss, amazing!

So I briefly read up on the Paleo challenge, interesting, very interesting. You have amazing will power! I don't know if I could give up dairy and grains. I might give it a shot to an extent, I could probably give up the grains for a while but I'm not so sure about the dairy, that would be hard!

Keep us posted when you can about how it's going.
Still hoping you find a job soon! And I hope your family hurdles have mellowed out.
Keep up the good work!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter