Mild disaster...

jameswb94

Earning My Ears
We were supposed to leave tomorrow morning for our WDW trip and at the last second JetBlue cancelled our flight, and we got pushed all the way to Friday morning because that was the first available flight. We used a travel agent so we can't call until tomorrow morning to change our plans at the resort, though someone at the emergency number for the agent called ahead so we'd still have our reservations...but basically we're losing almost a whole day.

So now we're going to try and extend our reservations at the All Star Movies resort an extra day and change our flight back home so we no longer have a lost day...we checked flights and there seems to be availability...has anyone had an experience like this? Disney seems pretty good about changing things due to flight issues so I'm not too worried but I'm just in total shock. They wouldn't even tell us why the flight got cancelled. All the surrounding flights around that time were fine and unchanged. Unbelievable. So much planning and then it gets upended in an instant...

Call JetBlue again and see if they can put you on another airline. American did this to us for our Hawaii vacation this summer. It took over an hour on hold/talking to an agent, but we finally got rebooked on United at almost identical flight times.

Thanks folks. Already had an agent try to move us to other airlines...absolutely nothing available for tomorrow. Just gonna have to go with the flow. Such a bummer though that we've gotta jump through all these hoops at the last second.

Thanks folks. Already had an agent try to move us to other airlines...absolutely nothing available for tomorrow. Just gonna have to go with the flow. Such a bummer though that we've gotta jump through all these hoops at the last second.

Did you look yourself at options on other airlines? American gave us a lot of pushback on booking us on another airline until I pointed out specific flights that were showing availability online.

Did you look yourself at options on other airlines? American gave us a lot of pushback on booking us on another airline until I pointed out specific flights that were showing availability online.

There technically were other options available but it was incredibly expensive because of how last minute it was, even if we were reimbursed by JetBlue (there's six of us) And even if we did go for it, at this point they're likely all gone, with the other people on our flight doing the same last minute scrambling.

Wow, that sucks. Sorry. I don't know the reason in your case, but at many airports JetBlue does not have its own gate. They have to work their schedules around other airlines and sometimes it results in changing their flights. I feel like JetBlue owes you a different flight on the way home. I'm hoping you get some Pixie Dust somehow!

Call JetBlue and ask them to change the return flight. We had a flight cancelled and they changed both legs to a new airport and refunded us the difference in the ticket prices. It was fairly painless. We knew what new flights we wanted and they made it happen

Were you flying out of the North East? I know there was a travel alert for today that if flying in or out of DC, the NYC area airports, westchester, boston, baltimore, or philly they may have to cancel flights and were waiving change fees.

Were you flying out of the North East? I know there was a travel alert for today that if flying in or out of DC, the NYC area airports, westchester, boston, baltimore, or philly they may have to cancel flights and were waiving change fees.

Yup, JFK. They already gave us a new flight without trouble but it's just...a whole day later than we expected. Hoping to change return flight and reservations tomorrow morning to make up for it.

Sorry OP... hope ur trip gets straightened out to your satisfaction asnd you have a great visit when you get there. Safe travels!

Yup, JFK. They already gave us a new flight without trouble but it's just...a whole day later than we expected. Hoping to change return flight and reservations tomorrow morning to make up for it.

Yeah unfortunately you know the weather here sucked today. Always sticks to be one of the few cancelled but your flight time was probably the easier one to cancel and shift other things or was the one slated for the worst of the storm. Definitely get then to move the return flight you can even call Jetblue now and do it yourself. They have agents available all night.

Op I'm so sorry! This thread is giving me anxiety. That is the EXACT flight (289) that we'll be on in September from JFK. I would be so mad.

I'm on Long Island, but we didn't get a storm today?! Is it supposed to be tomorrow morning?

Yeah unfortunately you know the weather here sucked today. Always sticks to be one of the few cancelled but your flight time was probably the easier one to cancel and shift other things or was the one slated for the worst of the storm. Definitely get then to move the return flight you can even call Jetblue now and do it yourself. They have agents available all night.

We're out on LI and the weather was actually pretty normal today! Came as a total shock to us, we knew there was some rain but didn't think it would warrant cancelling flights into tomorrow. Just got unlucky. And the JetBlue attendant (called them ourselves just to be sure) said there was no official reason, which confused us even more. Wish I would've stayed more on top of it, though I guess there's not much that could've been done.

Op I'm so sorry! This thread is giving me anxiety. That is the EXACT flight (289) that we'll be on in September from JFK. I would be so mad.

I'm on Long Island, but we didn't get a storm today?! Is it supposed to be tomorrow morning?

It isn't just the space at the airport but everything between JFK and Orlando. Manhattan got hail and several hours of heavy rain today. Enough that we had a flash flood warning. Just keep an eye on the website. Weather advisories go up as early as 72 hours in advance and you can then always move to the first in the morning so you have a better chance of getting out. There are usually a ton of flights to Orlando so the 1st of the day usually gives you a good chance of getting on something else unless all flights are cancelled.

Edit to add flight 289 actually took off today.

Totally realize you said tomorrow. Hmm it is probably mechanical and I wonder if you might actually get something more from jetblue. Def check the customer bill of rights. I can't imagine todays weather will be here tomorrow and the waiver was for today which of course probably made tomorrow booked solid.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter