Military Community Thread

Hi all. Sorry for butting in, but....

I am a proud mom of a Marine.

DS is deployed in Iraq. I talked to him earlier this week and he let me know that he is OK and he will be home in a few months.

About me...I grew up in the AF. Married a USMC reservist, then got divorced. Many years later married a Marine. Now DS is a Marine. Military is about the only way of life that I know.

Hugs and prayers for all of us.

DS is deployed in Iraq. I talked to him earlier this week and he let me know that he is OK and he will be home in a few months.

My DH is a Marine also deployed to Iraq. He comes home in a few months too:cool1:

About me...I grew up in the AF. Married a USMC reservist, then got divorced. Many years later married a Marine. Now DS is a Marine. Military is about the only way of life that I know.

You are not butting in! You are more than welcome! We are just a bunch of military families combining ourselves into a big military cyberfamily!

You are not butting in! You are more than welcome! We are just a bunch of military families combining ourselves into a big military cyberfamily!

Aw I wanna be a part of a big military cyberfamily! sounds fun!

Heard from DBF today....that always makes my day go so much better...hadn't heard from him in a week until this morning....so yay!

Welcome aboard!:grouphug:

Aw I wanna be a part of a big military cyberfamily! sounds fun!

Heard from DBF today....that always makes my day go so much better...hadn't heard from him in a week until this morning....so yay!

Wecome aboard!:grouphug:

Hi all!!! I am so glad this thread got up and running, I saw it right before I left for vacation but figured I should wait till I got home to post. Who am I? Well the name says it all I am a WICKEDMOM who is currently living in Virginia Beach Va. with my AD USN Dh we have lived here for 13 years and it is the longest I have ever been in one place ( most military people consider me lucky but I have wanderlust and want to travel darnit!!! Good thing I am willing to settle for the world showcase at epcot or hubby would be in real trouble!) I am a former Navy brat and we lived in Italy, Virginia, Puerto Rico,and Lajes field, Terceira in the Azores Islands. Hubby has been in the Navy for 13 years and has been deployed often, but mainly on ships cutting squares. He will go back on sea duty in 2 years ,unless he makes Chief (please ,please, please) and that is a whole nother ball of wax. We have 4 wonderful kids. Hubby has a cousin deployed to Iraq for his second tour right now and we all miss him terribly.

It's so great to see everyone coming together! It makes me so happy!!! It's nice to know there are people out there who can relate to your situation. :goodvibes

59.jpg

I thought this was awesome!!!

dreamergirl78....love that sign....it's terrific. I loved to see it for all the service men and women!!! AF Family here!!! Barb

This thread is great. I am the Mom of 2 soldiers. My DS and DDIL are currently AD. My DS served 3 years with the 82nd Airborne Division in Ft. Bragg, NC. During that time he was in Iraq 2 times. He is now stationed in Washington D.C. in a military intelligence job.

My DDIL joined the Army last November. Since DS is permanent TDY my DH and myself moved to D.C in order to care for our 2 precious grandchildren while DDIL was away at basic and AIT. We are now back in TN with our grandchildren for a month then will go back and live with DS and DDIL until the grandchildren start school in the fall.

DDIL is also in Military Intelligence stationed on the FT. Meade base in Md. It is likely she will be deployed some time early next year if not before. If so we will again move there to care for children.

Hopefully you will welcome a military Mom. It is hard on us too when our soldiers are deployed. I also realize that ARMY WIFE is the hardest job in the Army.

Tina- That shirt sounds great! Dreamergirl78, I love that sign!

DF is coming home today for a week, he finished training yesterday and he'll be home until next Monday, then he heads back to Kansas and waits to leave for Afghanistan.

He was supposed to be in 2 hrs ago but got bumped from his flight this morning (but got 2 free tickets! and he told them he's leaving for Afghanistan next week so they gave him a yr extension for them) and the connecting part of the flight he switched to had a delay.. so he'll be landing in another couple hrs. I can't wait!

:cheer2:

Tina- That shirt sounds great! Dreamergirl78, I love that sign!

DF is coming home today for a week, he finished training yesterday and he'll be home until next Monday, then he heads back to Kansas and waits to leave for Afghanistan.

He was supposed to be in 2 hrs ago but got bumped from his flight this morning (but got 2 free tickets! and he told them he's leaving for Afghanistan next week so they gave him a yr extension for them) and the connecting part of the flight he switched to had a delay.. so he'll be landing in another couple hrs. I can't wait!

:cheer2:

Shelle, I am so sorry I haven't emailed you in a while but I lost your email. I have been thinking about you. I'm so glad to hear that your honey is on his way home for a break. Enjoy the time and don't dwell on what's coming. It just takes away from is in the here and now. Email me again anytime. Have a wonderful time and big hugs.

I have a shirt that says this body is guarded by the US Army:rotfl:

:thumbsup2 Good one, Tina. I had DH's Ipod inscribed with his name, rank and the words "Kelley's Army of One" under that. ;)

Can I join this thread? I'm a new Army Wife but DH has been active duty for 12 years. He is stationed at APG in MD but before that was at West Point (I love that part of NY!).

My friend Michael is deployed to Afghanistan right now with the 82nd. The kids love to shop for fun care package goodies for him (last month we packed a Flat Rate box with jelly beans - he loved it!). :banana:

My Dad was in the Navy and one of my closest friends is retired Navy.

:) Nice to meet everyone!

Kelley

:thumbsup2 Good one, Tina. I had DH's Ipod inscribed with his name, rank and the words "Kelley's Army of One" under that. ;)

Can I join this thread? I'm a new Army Wife but DH has been active duty for 12 years. He is stationed at APG in MD but before that was at West Point (I love that part of NY!).

My friend Michael is deployed to Afghanistan right now with the 82nd. The kids love to shop for fun care package goodies for him (last month we packed a Flat Rate box with jelly beans - he loved it!). :banana:

My Dad was in the Navy and one of my closest friends is retired Navy.

:) Nice to meet everyone!

Kelley

Welcome aboard! You said you were a new Army wife, how new?

Hey Guys how is everybody today? Did anyone get to talk to their deployed loved one?

My soldiers (DS and DDIL) got moved into their new home near Ft. Meade, MD. The grandkids are on their way to see their new home with their other grandparents. Grandkids will be back with us this weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter