Minnie's Seasonal Dining at hollywood and vine vs Be Our Guest

SilverSarah17

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

Just wanting opinions on which would be better? I am a fussy eater and didn't find much to my liking on the dinner menu at BOG but I still really want to go for the theming (if I can get in-watching for cancellations)

However, Minnie's seasonal dining is a buffet and looks amazing too. Anyone been to Hollywood and vine for this dining experience? What did you think?

During our trip last month, we had the pleasure of dining at both BOG for dinner and Minnie's Seasonal Dine at H&V.

We did the Fantasmic Dining Package at H&V, and it was totally worth it! You'll find many reviews of H&V that are not favorable, but I do believe those were from before they added the characters to dinner. We loved Mickey/Minnie and the gang in their seasonal outfits (so adorable!), and there was great interaction! They actually came around to our table twice while we were there, and we were not there longer than usual. The food was delicious, and the service wonderful! And to have seats in the reserved seating for Fantasmic was icing on the cake! The show was amazing, something we all enjoyed!

As for BOG, a very different type of experience, but we loved it too! The ambiance was beautiful, the service was one of the best we had, and the food was wonderful! The menu may be limited for a picky eater, but I'm sure you could find something you'll like, just as my younger DD did, and she enjoyed her entree. There are no characters that come to your table, but you do meet the Beast, after you are done with your meal. An unforgettable evening, that's for sure!

Last edited:
That's a tough one. We ate at both also on our last trip. Totally different experiences, that's for sure. BOG dinner is a more refined experience. I thought the food was very good, not great. The theming is spectacular and meeting the Beast is a really special treat. That being said, we SO enjoyed our time at Minnie's Holiday Dine. The whole atmosphere was so festive, from meeting Santa Goofy, to the sparkly silver Christmas tree and the dessert displays. I have heard many bad reviews of the food here, but there were so many choices on the buffet and I thought the quality was better than your average buffet. If I HAD to choose one it would be Minnie's. The characters, the decorations...just so fun. If you do go, leave lots of time to eat and meet all the characters. It took well over an hour for them all to come by and we had to miss Donald since we didn't want to be late for Fantasmic. Maybe try BOG for breakfast and enjoy both restaurants. Happy eating :)

During our trip last month, we had the pleasure of dining at both BOG for dinner and Minnie's Seasonal Dine at H&V.

We did the Fantasmic Dining Package at H&V, and it was totally worth it! You'll find many reviews of H&V that are not favorable, but I do believe those were from before they added the characters to dinner. We loved Mickey/Minnie and the gang in their seasonal outfits (so adorable!), and there was great interaction! They actually came around to our table twice while we were there, and we were not there longer than usual. The food was delicious, and the service wonderful! And to have seats in the reserved seating for Fantasmic was icing on the cake! The show was amazing, something we all enjoyed!

As for BOG, a very different type of experience, but we loved it too! The ambiance was beautiful, the service was one of the best we had, and the food was wonderful! The menu may be limited for a picky eater, but I'm sure you could find something you'll like, just as my younger DD did, and she enjoyed her entree. There are no characters that come to your table, but you do meet the Beast, after you are done with your meal. An unforgettable evening, that's for sure!
Thank you for this post. We are doing both in September and reading this really made me look forward to it! Cannot wait to see Minnie and the gang in their Halloween costumes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter