• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

mission space with heart problems

Frank85

Earning My Ears
can people with heart problems handle mission space? Realistic answers only please. No it says no heart problems on the warning sign junk, those warning signs are garbage and my dad with heart, neck, and back problems has survived rides with those signs.

It is a very intense ride. I can ride all roller coasters etc with no problems at all and this made me a little quesy. I would have someone in your party that knows their limits ride first.

-em

I would suggest you talk to your Cardiologist and see what he has to say. Those signs are there for a purpose, and not just for defense against lawsuits.

A few years ago I had major surgery (a kidney removed). My Urologist said to use my judgement for six months, but also to realize that those types of warning signs did apply to me.

The ride is actually a very large centrifuge, spinning all the ride cars around. That could put a lot of stress on the heart.
From what I have read, you actually do experience fairly intense G force changes. That's different than some of the other rides like Star Tours that are simulating things and basically are just jostling you around.
So, I would explain the ride to the docor and ask if it would be OK or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter