• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MK drop off area?

Twende

Best laid plans of Mouse and men.....
Does MK have a drop off area where someone can drop off people and then the driver goes and parks the car and we meet back up at a designated spot?

I know the walk or push from the handicapped parking is really long and I am looking for a better way.

To the best of my knowledge, no. Can the person who needs to be pushed get out of the wheelchair and step up and down a couple of steps? Your best bet is to park in one of the medical spaces in the regular MK lot and take the tram, then wheel them up to the monorail or over to the ferry (in either case they can stay in the chair).
Your REALLY best option is to stay onsite and use Disney transportation to get to and from the Magic Kingdom.

kaytieeldr said:
To the best of my knowledge, no. Can the person who needs to be pushed get out of the wheelchair and step up and down a couple of steps? Your best bet is to park in one of the medical spaces in the regular MK lot and take the tram, then wheel them up to the monorail or over to the ferry (in either case they can stay in the chair).
Your REALLY best option is to stay onsite and use Disney transportation to get to and from the Magic Kingdom.
::yes::
If you drive to MK, you don't want to park in the handicapped (medical) parking lot at MK unless you have a wheelchair or ecv. There is no tram service from the medical parking to the TTC (where the monorail and boat are).
As katieeldr mentioned, if the person can board the tram, that would be better than parking in the handicapped parking area. Mention to the CMs directing traffic that you have someone with limited mobility.

I think (but am not sure) that there is a drop off point at MK, but I believe it is at the TTC. So, it would not help with walking that much.
I do know that the bus area (which is the closest and only area on the MK side of Bay Lake) doesn't have any access except for buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter