MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Well, just got the call this morning about the 9/24 cancellation. Just like others we received the 8 per person fastpasses for only the 8 rides offered during emm. Full refund, and gift card being applied to breakfast(really do not know how this is going to work, cm said I would receive it via email).

Maybe I am just being dense here but I am not understanding the fast passes comp in the cancelled September EMM. There are 4 people and I received fastpasses for 8 and fast passes for 4. Does that mean that I have 12 total fast passes for Fantasyland? OOPS - just looked at it again and got Olaf and then went back in and now I have 2 entries - 1 says fastpasses for 2 guests and 1 says 1 guest - there are 4 of us.

Can anyone explain the fast pass situation? I understand that I have until July to make my fastpass choices but I am a planner. Would each person that had a ticket to EMM get 8 fastpasses (one for each ride in Fantasyland covered during EMM?)

Maybe I am just being dense here but I am not understanding the fast passes comp in the cancelled September EMM. There are 4 people and I received fastpasses for 8 and fast passes for 4. Does that mean that I have 12 total fast passes for Fantasyland? OOPS - just looked at it again and got Olaf and then went back in and now I have 2 entries - 1 says fastpasses for 2 guests and 1 says 1 guest - there are 4 of us.

Can anyone explain the fast pass situation? I understand that I have until July to make my fastpass choices but I am a planner. Would each person that had a ticket to EMM get 8 fastpasses (one for each ride in Fantasyland covered during EMM?)

The cm I talked to this morning made it sound like the 8 additional fastpasses per person were like anytime fastpasses but only for those 8 attractions. He said they could be used in any combination(for example, small world 8 times). You should have a total of 32 just for fantasyland.

Just booked our first ever EMM for Tuesday June 11th. What should I expect? Here's the thing - we really don't care about the breakfast. We will snack but we are not big breakfast people. If we make it to the breakfast, fine. If not, no big loss. The available rides are okay, not on our high priority list (except for 7DMT) but still some iconic rides... Truthfully, we are just going to go. Take some pics and take in the view before the real craziness of rope drop begins

So the way it was explained is every person gets 8 FPs for the EMM attractions (on top of our 3 pre-booked ones). To be used in any combination for those particular rides.

However, the way they are showing up on my account is weird. I have some for 8 guests that won't show me the details, then another for 4 guests and those are 2/2 for each guest. I will let it sort itself out in the next few days and check on it by calling, if I need to.

Like everyone else, got the call about 9/17 being cancelled. Same compensation as everyone else, refund of EMM payment, gift card to cover breakfast (meal plus 18% gratuity) eight fast persons per person to be used on the EMM eligible rides (could ride 7DMT eight times if wanted) but it was explained to me that not all the eight fast passes need to be used on the same day. The way they should show on the account is that they can be used anytime within the dates of our planned reservation stay, 9/14-9/21.

Interesting...as mine show up under 9/1.
Yeah I thought so to but they were pretty clear. Said changes would not appear in account for a week or two so I will just hold off getting anxious until then to see what shows up.

Like everyone else, got the call about 9/17 being cancelled. Same compensation as everyone else, refund of EMM payment, gift card to cover breakfast (meal plus 18% gratuity) eight fast persons per person to be used on the EMM eligible rides (could ride 7DMT eight times if wanted) but it was explained to me that not all the eight fast passes need to be used on the same day. The way they should show on the account is that they can be used anytime within the dates of our planned reservation stay, 9/14-9/21.
I hope you are right but the cm specifically told me the fastpasses were only good for that day only. I would love to be able to stretch out the fastpasses for the whole vacation. Hope others will chime in.

I hope you are right but the cm specifically told me the fastpasses were only good for that day only. I would love to be able to stretch out the fastpasses for the whole vacation. Hope others will chime in.
I expressed concern about the ability to use all 8 around other in park reservations we have and that’s when they brought it up.

I did too and got an “oh well”, same with the reservation/gift card she was like “oh well I guess you won’t get a benefit from that particular offer”.

I wish CMS were consistent.
Maybe just had to do with it being a Friday afternoon and the person I spoke to just wanted to start their weekend and get me off the phone, :-)

We have 4 people and mine show as “multiple experiences, magic kingdom park” for 8 people, then I click and see 3/3 for each of us twice. The second entry with the remaining 8 only shows on the web, not the app. I emailed her and she rang back to say it’s all fine it is a display issue.

Am I right in thinking the breakfast is a mix of notes added to the reservation (we can’t see) and gift cards being emailed? I have nothing in writing to say that breakfast is free and feeling nervous reading about people getting gift cards.
Our FP aren’t showing up correctly either but I’m going to give it some time.

So, I booked a CP res the day before just in case and the CM said “I see you already have a reservation at CP so I’m going to cancel and rebook for the same time and you’ll get a gift card for the amount plus gratuity.” So it sounds like they did both on my end, rebooked it with notes maybe and also plan to send a gift card? Idk

I may have missed it, but... why are they cancelling EMH in September? Is it because of SWGE, or are they doing away with EMH as a whole?
We have plans to attend in August... it's one of my favorite extras because of the decreased crowds and open air. I'm one of those unlikely Disney fans: I hate crowds and lots of congestion, so this is really a "worth it" extra for me. I'm just curious if anyone knows why they're cancelling it.

I may have missed it, but... why are they cancelling EMH in September? Is it because of SWGE, or are they doing away with EMH as a whole?
We have plans to attend in August... it's one of my favorite extras because of the decreased crowds and open air. I'm one of those unlikely Disney fans: I hate crowds and lots of congestion, so this is really a "worth it" extra for me. I'm just curious if anyone knows why they're cancelling it.

I believe most of us think it's happening because of the opening of SWGE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter