MK/Fantasyland “Early Morning Magic” (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

We have our EMM coming up soon and I am wondering about the reports of being able to use your EMM band in fastpass lines after rope drop. Is that a thing or just some sporadic pixie dust?

Good morning all,
I have been struggling trying to decide if we should do this. I know that all answers would be opinions but I would love some feedback. We have a party of 5 2 adults and 3 kids. This would cost an additional $400 if we choose EMM. This is our first trip to Disney and I am so overwhelmed. The way I am looking at EMM is I am able to explore 7 attractions for an extra hour , and two rides that are offered for EMM(PP. 7DMT) I have fastapass for my second MK day and I can replaced them with meet and greets for my little one. And also a meal. Our Fastapss for June 2nd starts at 11:10am.
So I was thinking 7:45-9:00 explore all the EMM attractions
9:00-9:30 RD Splash Mountain
9:30-10:30 Breakfast
10:30-11:00 Meet and Greet and then my Fastpass will start at 11:10am

Also we are staying at B Resort and I would like feedback on what transportation should we use to get to MK by 7:00am TIA!

We attended EMM on Easter - April 21. It was me, my mom, DS, and DD. DH decided to sleep in. I think it was by far worth it. Winnie the Pooh was down that morning until the very end of EMM but we still got to ride it. In all, our group rode: PP twice (first time was thru fastpass line, second was thru the regular line); 7DMT twice, Met Rapunzel and Tiana, Winnie the Pooh, Teacups, Carousel 3 times. We had to split up for some of the rides because DD is not tall enough for 7DMT. Before we ate breakfast, we rode Buzz Lightyear with my husband who had met us at that time. My husband was also allowed to sit with us at breakfast. All in all, we were very pleased. We could have rode 7DMT again but my DS did not want to.

This may have gotten overlooked due to the cancellations of the EMM later in the year but:
We just booked our first ever EMM for Tuesday June 11th. What should I expect? Here's the thing - we really don't care about the breakfast. We will snack but we are not big breakfast people. If we make it to the breakfast, fine. If not, no big loss. The available rides are okay, not on our high priority list (except for PP and SDMT) but still some iconic rides... Truthfully, we are just going to go. Take some pics and take in the view before the real craziness of rope drop begins. Another question regarding EMM - will wheelchairs be available during this time as well?

Good morning all,
I have been struggling trying to decide if we should do this. I know that all answers would be opinions but I would love some feedback. We have a party of 5 2 adults and 3 kids. This would cost an additional $400 if we choose EMM. This is our first trip to Disney and I am so overwhelmed. The way I am looking at EMM is I am able to explore 7 attractions for an extra hour , and two rides that are offered for EMM(PP. 7DMT) I have fastapass for my second MK day and I can replaced them with meet and greets for my little one. And also a meal. Our Fastapss for June 2nd starts at 11:10am.

We are also 2 adults and 3 kids and are doing this for the first time in July. I would not do Splash at RD and then breakfast, because you will be criss crossing the park. I think we will try to RD Space Mountain or Buzz, since they are close to Cosmic Rays

Good morning all,

Also we are staying at B Resort and I would like feedback on what transportation should we use to get to MK by 7:00am TIA!
Don't get rid of your 7DMT or PP Fast Passes! They are ones you want to have and are hard to get. Plus you'll probably enjoy one more ride on each regardless.

Don't get rid of your 7DMT or PP Fast Passes! They are ones you want to have and are hard to get. Plus you'll probably enjoy one more ride on each regardless.

I know this is standard advice, to keep hard to get fast passes. As a counterpoint for consideration, I find with small children in a party, one of the primary benefits of EMM is getting a lot done without having to spend a full day in the parks. Getting all of the FantasyLand rides in early, then heading straight to HM/BTMR at Rope Drop, then using FPs for say Splash, Pirates and Jungle Cruise, while filling in a few rides/shows (Hall of Predients/Tiki/Country Bears) between FPs means you can tour more than half the park at a fairly relaxed pace without having waited on a single line, spend some downtime at shows in the AC, and be back to the resort by 2:00-3:00.

Whichever way you go, you can't go wrong - enjoy!

Post #12 – Breakfast Information & Details
  • Breakfast is available from 8:00AM-10:00AM at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.
  • Prior to the 12/2/2018 format change, breakfast had been served at Pinocchio Village Haus.
  • Disney's EMM online information describes the food options as follows:
    • "Enjoy breakfast at Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café, featuring scrumptious fare such as:
      • Scrambled eggs
      • Smoked bacon
      • Sausage
      • Breakfast potatoes
      • Pancakes
      • Freshly baked pastries
      • Cheese and cured meats
      • Seasonal fruit
      • Oatmeal
      • Granola
      • Yogurt
      • Assorted juices
      • Coffee and teas"

This! When we checked at the very end of EMM to see if PP had opened and it hadn't, the cast members waiting there let us know we could come back anytime before noon and just show our wristbands to get in the FP line. I guess that means we probably could have ridden multiple times but PP is a once per trip ride for us.

I have been off the boards for quite some time - and missed the change in breakfast. What has changed? We LOVED the breakfast - and definitely made the cost a little easier to swallow.

I quoted post 12 from the first page of this thread which shows what the current breakfast is. Having attended 2 EMM's at MK in the past when breakfast was at PVH, I'm terribly disappointed in the new breakfast at Cosmic Ray's. It looks completely boring and uninspired. You get a plate of hot food (I imagine you can go back for another plate if you want) and then all you want from the continental breakfast buffet. Sigh.

We still have them for our second MK day. I was just assuming if we ride PP AND 7DMT at least twice, then we can use the FP for something else. But I understand if the kiddos love it I would hate to get rid of it and they couldn't ride again.

I know this is standard advice, to keep hard to get fast passes. As a counterpoint for consideration, I find with small children in a party, one of the primary benefits of EMM is getting a lot done without having to spend a full day in the parks. Getting all of the FantasyLand rides in early, then heading straight to HM/BTMR at Rope Drop, then using FPs for say Splash, Pirates and Jungle Cruise, while filling in a few rides/shows (Hall of Predients/Tiki/Country Bears) between FPs means you can tour more than half the park at a fairly relaxed pace without having waited on a single line, spend some downtime at shows in the AC, and be back to the resort by 2:00-3:00.

My plan is to get as much done as possible. Our FP starts at 11:10 and last one is for 1:20. We have a early dinner ressie at Ohana for 3:30.
We plan on getting to the park at 7:30pm stay till our last fastpass and maybe a meet and greet 2:30, then Ohana to go eat. Maybe come back later that night for HEA!

We still have them for our second MK day. I was just assuming if we ride PP AND 7DMT at least twice, then we can use the FP for something else. But I understand if the kiddos love it I would hate to get rid of it and they couldn't ride again.
Yeah just save them till day of, and if they don't care, change them then. You can easily get stuff like POTC or HM.

This is our strategy for our upcoming EMM at MK. Hoping we are able to get a few of these things done fairly early.

I'll be attending EMM @ MK on 5/19 and would really love to know if these paid guests continue to be able to get in the fastpass lines from 9-10am on those EMM rides. After all, the event is billed as 7:45-10 am, not 7:45-9am and breakfast served till 10...

I'm very excited about it either way, it wasn't offered the week I was there March 2018.

I'll be attending EMM @ MK on 5/19 and would really love to know if these paid guests continue to be able to get in the fastpass lines from 9-10am on those EMM rides. After all, the event is billed as 7:45-10 am, not 7:45-9am and breakfast served till 10...

I'm very excited about it either way, it wasn't offered the week I was there March 2018.

I just checked park hours on an EMM day....says 7:45-9:00.

Last edited:

Exclusive access ends when the park opens at 9. At that point, you can use pre-booked fastpasses or join the standby line with the masses if you want to continue riding rides. The one exception is if a ride has been down during a significant portion of the EMM. Sometimes when that happens, they allow event attendees to use their event wristband as a fastpass until noon or something along those lines.

I quoted post 12 from the first page of this thread which shows what the current breakfast is. Having attended 2 EMM's at MK in the past when breakfast was at PVH, I'm terribly disappointed in the new breakfast at Cosmic Ray's. It looks completely boring and uninspired. You get a plate of hot food (I imagine you can go back for another plate if you want) and then all you want from the continental breakfast buffet. Sigh.
I am with you on the breakfast changing. It was fantastic when it was served at PVH - we have done EMM each year since it started in 2016 and we were always pleasantly surprised with how great the breakfast was. It is a shame that they changed it.

We have our EMM coming up soon and I am wondering about the reports of being able to use your EMM band in fastpass lines after rope drop. Is that a thing or just some sporadic pixie dust?

I believe that only happens when there’s been an issue with the rides during EMM. Making the wrist band an unlimited fast pass for a particular period of time (before noon the day we went) is the standard guest recovery if rides are down during emm.

They really need to change the wording in the description to the way it’s described for TSL. There they clearly say the ride portion ends at 8:45.

Question:

We are staying at B Resort, what is the fastest way for us to get to MK for EMM. We will have a car. I am confused a little because I read the MK is the only park you cant drive to the front entrance. We want to get there at least by 7:15am. TIA!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter