MM Warriors Part Deux (As of October 27)

Hello everyone! I can move to step two!!! Diane said so! I'm going to have to wait until I get paid to go shopping. Worse case scenario it will be Monday, but I'll see what my boss pays me for stuffing envelopes.

I don't know why people aren't getting the list. Seabreezes, I answered your email and sent the list. Hmmm... I will try again. I'll send it from my other email address this time, maybe it will make a difference.

disneyeveryyear No, I mean 15 TOTAL :confused3

None of my days have been normal recently, but I'll give you yesterday:

6:30 wake up
7:00 3 pieces of lc toast with light butter (11-20)
8:30 - 10:30 - Monday Morning Moms with 3 cups of decaf & half & half
12:30 uh oh - 15 triscuits (11-20)
1:30 - 6 slices of Oscar Mayer thin sliced deli ham (35 calories & 0 carbs), 1 slice of lf Sargento colby-jack cheese; 3 string cheese
5:30 - 2 packages of apple slices from Subway (going to Zumba and stopped by Subway for DD's dinner) (11-20)
9:00 - ham & cheese sandwich - same OM ham and Sargento cheese on an Arnold's sandwich round (100 calories, 17 carbs) (11-20)
11:00 - pistachios (a lot, but I don't normally do that)
12:00 - all bran crackers (11-20)
12:15 - bed

Ok so that's yesterday.

Today looks like this:

6:15 wake up
7:15 Arnold's sandwich thin as toast with light butter (11-20)
11:15 two small packages of Planters peanuts (total of 340 calories) - I was hungry since I spent all morning on phone with computer problem.
12:00 Lunch - Arnolds ham & cheese sandwich (11-20) with small caesar salad (no croutons)
3:00 Honey crisp apple (11-20)
6:?? Dinner - haven't figured that out yet (11-20)
10:00 11-20 snack

I certainly seem to be getting enough food, but it took me the 8 weeks in the beginning to lose 10 lbs. Something doesn't seem right.

Thanks for the help

Beverly, the main thing I see is, Where are your veggie's? Looks like you are having a little protein and your 11-20 carbs, I don't think you are eating enough variety.

I know 15 lbs doesn't sound like much, but remember Diane says that's 15 lbs of fat looks like 30 lbs. Just have to keep telling ourselves that feeling good and clothes getting looser shows it is working no matter what the scales say. I know it doesn't compute, but some things just defy explanation.

Hang in there and try to eat more veggies!

Have a great MM day!

No, I mean 15 TOTAL :confused3

1:30 - 6 slices of Oscar Mayer thin sliced deli ham (35 calories & 0 carbs), 1 slice of lf Sargento colby-jack cheese; 3 string cheese
5:30 - 2 packages of apple slices from Subway (going to Zumba and stopped by Subway for DD's dinner) (11-20)
9:00 - ham & cheese sandwich - same OM ham and Sargento cheese on an Arnold's sandwich round (100 calories, 17 carbs) (11-20)

Ok so that's yesterday.

Today looks like this:

11:15 two small packages of Planters peanuts (total of 340 calories) - I was hungry since I spent all morning on phone with computer problem.
12:00 Lunch - Arnolds ham & cheese sandwich (11-20) with small caesar salad (no croutons)

I certainly seem to be getting enough food, but it took me the 8 weeks in the beginning to lose 10 lbs. Something doesn't seem right.

Thanks for the help.

Ok, I love you, but I see some problems here. Check your Triscuits. I see a serving is 6 crackers at 16 net carbs. You are getting very little protein, mostly from cheese. Very few veggies. If you are exercizing, you are not eating enough. You are living on ham and cheese sandwiches and nuts. If your Triscuits are the ones I've seen and you're eating 15 of them, you've been way over 11-20. I don't know what you ate on step1 but it may be a good idea to consider a return to step1 for awhile and post what you eat and when again. From what I see, you can fix this and have improved results. :hug:

Beverly, I don't have experience with Step two, but I think more vegetables is always a good idea. :)

I have been stalled now for about a month. It's very frustrating. The only thing I've noticed is that my arm fit in CVS's blood pressure cuff without having to jam in it yesterday. The reason I'm telling you is not to be complaining to you when you already have this upsetting you, but because I believe that maybe this is normal. Maybe we go through periods of visible weight loss or size loss and then periods where our bodies are catching up with the change.

You could try the broccoli soup that I put the recipe for. It's very low in calories and a good way to get some veggies in. You could drink it between meals warm. With the colder weather it might be nice. :hug:

Beverly, I don't have experience with Step two, but I think more vegetables is always a good idea. :)

I have been stalled now for about a month. It's very frustrating. The only thing I've noticed is that my arm fit in CVS's blood pressure cuff without having to jam in it yesterday. The reason I'm telling you is not to be complaining to you when you already have this upsetting you, but because I believe that maybe this is normal. Maybe we go through periods of visible weight loss or size loss and then periods where our bodies are catching up with the change.

You could try the broccoli soup that I put the recipe for. It's very low in calories and a good way to get some veggies in. You could drink it between meals warm. With the colder weather it might be nice. :hug:

Nell, how much had you lost on step1 ?

Beverly, the main thing I see is, Where are your veggie's? Looks like you are having a little protein and your 11-20 carbs, I don't think you are eating enough variety.

I know 15 lbs doesn't sound like much, but remember Diane says that's 15 lbs of fat looks like 30 lbs. Just have to keep telling ourselves that feeling good and clothes getting looser shows it is working no matter what the scales say. I know it doesn't compute, but some things just defy explanation.

Hang in there and try to eat more veggies!

Have a great MM day!

I normally eat a ton of veggies. Lots of salads with romaine and mixed greens (no yucky iceberg). Like I said, my days haven't been normal. My normal dinner is protein and veggies or salad.

I know that at least I am losing, but it seems extraordinarily slow.

Ok, I love you, but I see some problems here. Check your Triscuits. I see a serving is 6 crackers at 16 net carbs. You are getting very little protein, mostly from cheese. Very few veggies. If you are exercizing, you are not eating enough. You are living on ham and cheese sandwiches and nuts. If your Triscuits are the ones I've seen and you're eating 15 of them, you've been way over 11-20. I don't know what you ate on step1 but it may be a good idea to consider a return to step1 for awhile and post what you eat and when again. From what I see, you can fix this and have improved results. :hug:

I eat the Triscuit thin crisps which are 19 carbs for 15 crackers. http://www.nabiscoworld.com/Brands/...x?BrandKey=triscuit&Site=1&Product=4400001958

I will look at that recipe. I love broccoli. I normally eat a ton of veggies. yesterday was just really weird. I have a salad for later and an apple for a 11-20.

Nell, how much had you lost on step1 ?

I have lot 54 pounds since July, but none in the last month. I've been on step one most of that time besides a bad week long binge the beginning of August. I'm still 310 pounds, and the larger number of pounds than what you usually see are because of where I started.

I have lot 54 pounds since July, but none in the last month. I've been on step one most of that time besides a bad week long binge the beginning of August. I'm still 310 pounds, and the larger number of pounds than what you usually see are because of where I started.

Nell, You've done really well. I suppose your body could just be re-adjusting and the weight loss will start to catch up with the inches lost. I know Beverly is concerned and it sounds like she's doing everything right :confused: Lisa is also losing inches mostly. I don't remember anywhere in the book that mentions stalls, do you? I just wish I could find a magic remedy that would help you all :hug:

I'm thinking here. If I buy a big can of oatmeal, some frozen peas and a bag of apples I should be able to start step two with no problem. Another option is beans and rice. I make really good Puerto Rican rice, which is funny since I'm not Puerto Rican! :rotfl: The only thing is that I always have issues trying to cook brown rice. I might wait until next week to get that complicated. It would be really easy to stick with the simplest things first.

My oranges are still green on the tree, so hopefully they will start to ripen before long. I wonder if your supposed to leave them on the tree for a while after they turn orange? I'll have to look it up. The tree itself has some branches that have turned brown. I think something is stressing it. It's an old tree. I don't think we're going to renew the lease, so it's not really my tree, but I'd like to help it be healthier if I can. :)

No, I mean 15 TOTAL :confused3

Ok so that's yesterday.

Today looks like this:

Thanks for the help.

Hi Bev, I'm not on 2 yet but looking at what you've eaten I'd say try to eat protein with breakfast (are you hungry soon after?) and to me, it doesn't seem like you're eating that much--anyone else??

Carol: Great job on the exercising and on joining the baggy pants club! You are officially a Diane Keaton look-alike!:cool1:

Thanks for the new thread, Beverly! I think you should probably email Diane and tell her what your fears are. Her email is dietquestions@aol.com Congrats on being smaller! It doesn’t matter how long it takes us because this journey has a one-way ticket. We are not coming back this way again! Thanks for posting your menu. Is it ok to comment? I don’t see enough vegetables. Protein at breakfast is a good idea. Perhaps too many grains alone. I have heard when you have carbs you should have protein. Try adding some protein to the breakfast. It’s all legal but perhaps there are some food groups you could step up to burn more?? I’m not an expert, by any means.

Jocelyn: Does your friend use straight wasabi on the fish with the macadamias? I am on FB also and would love to be your friend. Lisa DeVries:flower3:

Natalie: I bet Zac will be excited about the characters once he lets his big guy guard down. They excited me at 40, lol! That’s what’s so cool about it; you can be young at any age. :mickeyjum

Nell: I think you leave the oranges until they turn orange. That’s how they do it here. You are smaller because you noticed the blood pressure cuff!:banana::yay:

Barb: I started losing again! I am sure of it now. Yes, it’s been slow, but I zipped my boots up without struggling over my fat calves today and I even had thick tights on. I had an epiphany this morning and happened to chat with Robin about it. We both agreed we have reached a place that is so much better than being about willpower. Our minds and bodies simply don’t want the things we used to crave and we are not at all tempted to be around foods we don’t eat anymore. You’ve all been on diets where you persisted due to willpower and we know what that feels like, but this is such a calm, easy, natural feeling. There isn’t a devil on my shoulder telling me what I might like next. He’s not being controlled by me because I have willpower that I might lose at any momemt; he is GONE!

Thanks for the new thread, Beverly! I think you should probably email Diane and tell her what your fears are. Her email is dietquestions@aol.com Congrats on being smaller! It doesn’t matter how long it takes us because this journey has a one-way ticket. We are not coming back this way again! Thanks for posting your menu. Is it ok to comment? I don’t see enough vegetables. Protein at breakfast is a good idea. Perhaps too many grains alone. I have heard when you have carbs you should have protein. Try adding some protein to the breakfast. It’s all legal but perhaps there are some food groups you could step up to burn more?? I’m not an expert, by any means.

I will try to start adding some protein with my carbs. I am getting ready to have an apple and will have a piece of string cheese with it. I'll try to figure something out about breakfast too.

Barb: I started losing again! I am sure of it now. Yes, it’s been slow, but I zipped my boots up without struggling over my fat calves today and I even had thick tights on. I had an epiphany this morning and happened to chat with Robin about it. We both agreed we have reached a place that is so much better than being about willpower. Our minds and bodies simply don’t want the things we used to crave and we are not at all tempted to be around foods we don’t eat anymore. You’ve all been on diets where you persisted due to willpower and we know what that feels like, but this is such a calm, easy, natural feeling. There isn’t a devil on my shoulder telling me what I might like next. He’s not being controlled by me because I have willpower that I might lose at any momemt; he is GONE!

I know what you mean about not having any cravings. I am not even afraid of Halloween this year. There is truly an inner peace about eating this way.

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Oh I'm so happy for you! and I agree, this has become so natural for me too. And that little devil used to ALWAYS be on my shoulder, always making me focus on food. I want all of us to feel this way and be happy and content with this WOL. I kept a little journal of my weight loss in the past whenever I was trying a new "diet". The one that I kept with the longest was for 11 months. I am losing pounds just as well now, but inches much faster. The biggest difference is that I'm not counting the days until it's done! This is now the way I live and that's such a relief. :hug:

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Oh I'm so happy for you! and I agree, this has become so natural for me too. And that little devil used to ALWAYS be on my shoulder, always making me focus on food. I want all of us to feel this way and be happy and content with this WOL. I kept a little journal of my weight loss in the past whenever I was trying a new "diet". The one that I kept with the longest was for 11 months. I am losing pounds just as well now, but inches much faster. The biggest difference is that I'm not counting the days until it's done! This is now the way I live and that's such a relief. :hug:

Very well said! I couldn't agree more!

I will try to start adding some protein with my carbs. I am getting ready to have an apple and will have a piece of string cheese with it. I'll try to figure something out about breakfast too.

I know what you mean about not having any cravings. I am not even afraid of Halloween this year. There is truly an inner peace about eating this way.

Amen sister! I often have string cheese with my apple, too.

Nell: What issues do you have with brown rice? It does take longer to cook. Be careful to measure if you eat beans and rice together because you could only do 1/4 cup each per serving. It would be really tasty, though!

Well whatever was ailing my computer seems to be gone...I can see all the posts again! Whew...that was bugging me!! Bev, thanks for responding to my cry for help! I just eliminated the link that I had put in my favorites and went back to your post with the link in it and tried again...and here I am!

Lisa - I totally enjoyed our phone conversation, call anytime!! And I have to tell all of you, that I agree with Lisa totally...we realized that where we are on this MM journey is finally in a place where we do not even have to TRY to stay on plan...the cravings have been gone for so long they just simply dont even exist anymore. When there is cake and pizza in the office, I dont even have to think about staying away from it, I simply DO NOT WANT IT!! All the other diets I have tried took all the willpower I had to stay on them...and the cravings NEVER went away, which is why I was never able to stay on them for longer than a few months...MM is for Life for me!!

Natalie - my all time favorite spots at Sea World have always been the show with the sea lions and walrus, and the tank where you can pet and feed the stingrays!! My friend went last year and got to go diving in a tank with sharks...OMG, but she brought back amazing pictures and had a ball!

Bev - I have to agree with the others, even though the menus you posted are not normal days for you, you definitely need the veggies and proteins...do you like eggs? Because making up a miracle quiche every week always means I have a ready breakfast to heat and eat. I put whatever veggies I have on hand in there and get my protein and veggies in one shot!
When I started step 2, I felt the same way though, like all I was doing was eating the carb dams...Diane told me how important it was to have the protein along with the carbs...to be sure to have the 11-20 with all three meals and then before bed and middle of the night, instead of eating step 1 meals and then having the carbs in between, which is what I ended up doing...My plan for my re-entry to step 2 :

8:30am - breakfast including 11-20, so quiche or a couple hard boiled eggs with 11-20 toast.

1PM - lunch, turkey or tuna sandwich with low fat cheese and greens like leaf lettuce and spinach on it ( 11-20 bread)

5:30 - dinner, fish, chicken, or other lean meat with at least 1 cup veggies and 1/2cup brown rice or wheat pasta

10:30 - string cheese on the way to the gym from work with whole grain wheat thin crackers

12-1am - bedtime snack-atkins shake or celery with cream cheese or pb

3:30am - 1 cup milk or sugar free applesauce

I ran this menu by Diane and she said it seemed perfect!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter