The biggest announcement came from @IanDLBZF from MCMagic who shared news about Moana which was a huge hit with many! Thank you sir! Thank ALL so very much for sharing photos, costume tips, trip reports and life. I'm also grateful for the loving support when my mother passed. It was heart felt and deeply appreciated.
You also need to go thank SpectroBro over on the WDWMagic Forums. He's the one who brought this up.

I believe we have come full circle on this thread, my very first one to be exact and I'm very humbled by all who participated in it and even more grateful to those who gave advice. I would be remiss if I didn't include some of their names @Cluelyss , @OhioStateBuckeye , @sherlockmiles and @FeralCatRogue . Their consistent and accurate advise has given many a wonderful vacation, I thank you all wholeheartedly.

It's always fun to be around for the Halloween threads! I love helping and will be getting my report up tmororow probably.

It's always fun to be around for the Halloween threads! I love helping and will be getting my report up tmororow probably.

I'll be on the look out for it and if you're not planning on posting your review here please provide a link I'm sure we'll all enjoy it! Thanks again my friend! :flower3:

Ok so some people were asking about my Halloween resort character hunting. I was advertising on the Halloween threads and there were about 9 of us in a facebook messenger group who were coordinating and letting each other know which characters were at which resorts, which was immensely helpful. Also, I'm most likely going to end up duplicating this post and putting it in both MNSSHP threads, since I believe people from both were interested in how this went. This is what ended up happening:

The final schedule we all contributed to:

vyVgcC1.png

We were ready to head out around 3:30 pm.

We went to Saratoga Springs first, last year they'd had Oogie Boogie so we had to check. We ended up parking at the pool (mistake) the character meet and greet and Halloween party stuff was veeery far away. There were signs pointing the way and we should have gone back for the car but we didn't. We spent about 15 minutes walking. Finally got to the meet and were about 15 groups back. It ended up being Chip and Dale. Maybe not as good as super rare Oogie Boogie, but these guys are always fun.

7Vbk6b5.jpg

After the very long walk back to the car we stopped at Old Key West. They had a signboard up at the gate that only guests could park there, so we turned around and left. This was the only hotel we tried to stop at that we had an issue not being let in.

We heard through our group chat that Panchito was at All Star Music. He is from the 3 Caballeros and is very rare in WDW (In DL he meets every Christmas with Donald and Jose). Characters rotated at the all stars and when we arrived Donald was there. We couldn't not meet him, so we met him then did some trick or treating and hung out for about 10 minutes until Panchito showed up!

Bbp7LXX.jpg

VN3GuEb.jpg

7zdnRiL.jpg

Since we were already at the All Stars we just headed to our home resort, Sports. We were able to walk right up and meet football Goofy (there is a football Goofy short if you haven't seen it, we like it a lot). Then we hung out for about 15 minutes until he changed with Daisy.

bmgcnJq.jpg

VeyxHO3.jpg

k7o4L0X.jpg

Movies had Minnie in a movie star dress and Mickey as a director. We'd met them before and remembered that Movies had a long wait, so we instead went next door to Coronado Springs.

6AjjCc8.jpg

3xNVuF0.jpg

4UPvXs7.jpg

Pluto was hanging out by the lake and we only had to wait for one group. He was switching off with Mexican Donald who we'd already met so we headed out.

We next went to the other AK area resort, AKL. We met Pluto yet again, we had to wait behind about 5 groups. I believe he was switching off with another of the Fab Five in a safari outfit so we decided to head out. We hadn't heard which characters were at Kidani but that resort is a pain in the butt to have to park at the parking garage and walk a great deal to the characters so we skipped it because we'd heard pirate Goofy was meeting at Caribbean beach and that meet ended soon.

dmp3grE.jpg

T65MnCm.jpg

TtJFA79.jpg

We made it for the last character set which ended up being Pluto yet again.

ikoJmG1.jpg

Hrq9p9p.jpg

bHT0TCW.jpg

Next up, we hadn't heard a lot about the characters at AOA so we gave it a shot.

We ended up arriving at a perfect time and had to wait a few groups to meet Pluto in a life jacket. 5 minutes later Donald in a beach outfit came out so we met him with only a few minute wait. I love hitting those character splits perfectly.

RkI78BK.jpg

GM3ivmW.jpg

qWScYrf.jpg

Pop was right next door so was the logical choice. Pop's line was huuuuuuge. We ended up missing surf Mickey by a few groups but got to meet Hawaiian type dress Minnie. Also got a few cute pics of them interacting.

3vO1L5v.jpg

V57fabX.jpg

I really didn't feel like messing with most of the deluxes this year, as they can be a pain to park. Through our chat, we heard that Elvis Stitch was at Poly again (we'd met him before). I think Princess Daisy and Chip and Dale in Moroccan outfits were at Contemporary. Wouldn't have minded the munks in those outfits but oh well. I believe Grand Floridian had scarecrow Mickey and witch Minnie, who we'd met before.

I didn't end up hearing a lot about the Epcot deluxes.

Instead we went to the Port Orleans resorts. Had to start at French Quarter since super rare character Louis from Princess and the Frog was out. We ended up missing him by a few groups and instead met Tiana, then hung out at the resort party for half an hour until Louis came back, we were first in line.

ccqHBVh.jpg

kmLHjWy.jpg

2iXnyQ3.jpg

We headed to Riverside next where Goofy and Mickey were meeting but the line had already been capped, so that was the end of our night.

Tr3KbKC.jpg

Counting Chip and Dale as one meet, we met 13 characters, which was not bad at all. If we hadn't messed up parking with the long walk at Saratoga we probably could have got one or two more in. Oh well, goals for next time!

Also, we got to see a lot of cast member made pumpkins along the way, here are some of my favs:

u91cFBD.jpg

lZFwwOo.jpg

KNYSFCW.jpg

LC9xqiC.jpg

v5xFDB5.jpg

All in all, it was a lot of fun. Not only do you get to meet the characters but you get to explore some awesome resorts and see all their Halloween offerings. If anyone has any questions please let me know!

Last edited:
Ok so some people were asking about my Halloween resort character hunting. I was advertising on the Halloween threads and there were about 9 of us in a facebook messenger group who were coordinating and letting each other know which characters were at which resorts, which was immensely helpful. Also, I'm most likely going to end up duplicating this post and putting it in both MNSSHP threads, since I believe people from both were interested in how this went. This is what ended up happening:

vyVgcC1.png

We went to Saratoga Springs first, last year they'd had Oogie Boogie so we had to check. We ended up parking at the pool (mistake) the character meet and greet and Halloween party stuff was veeery far away. There were signs pointing the way and we should have gone back for the car but we didn't. We spent about 15 minutes walking. Finally got to the meet and were about 15 groups back. It ended up being Chip and Dale. Maybe not as good as super rare Oogie Boogie, but these guys are always fun.

7Vbk6b5.jpg

After the very long walk back to the car we stopped at Old Key West. They had a signboard up at the gate that only guests could park there, so we turned around and left. This was the only hotel we tried to stop at that we had an issue not being let in.

We heard through our group chat that Panchito was at All Star Music. He is from the 3 Caballeros and is very rare in WDW (In DL he meets every Christmas with Donald and Jose). Characters rotated at the all stars and when we arrived Donald was there. We couldn't not meet him, so we met him then did some trick or treating and hung out for about 10 minutes until Panchito showed up!

Bbp7LXX.jpg

VN3GuEb.jpg

7zdnRiL.jpg

Since we were already at the All Stars we just headed to our home resort, Sports. We were able to walk right up and meet football Goofy (there is a football Goofy short if you haven't seen it, we like it a lot). Then we hung out for about 15 minutes until he changed with Daisy.

bmgcnJq.jpg

VeyxHO3.jpg

k7o4L0X.jpg

Movies had Minnie in a movie star dress and Mickey as a director. We'd met them before and remembered that Movies had a long wait, so we instead went next door to Coronado Springs.

6AjjCc8.jpg

3xNVuF0.jpg

4UPvXs7.jpg

Pluto was hanging out by the lake and we only had to wait for one group. He was switching off with Mexican Donald who we'd already met so we headed out.

We next went to the other AK area resort, AKL. We met Pluto yet again, we had to wait behind about 5 groups. I believe he was switching off with another of the Fab Five in a safari outfit so we decided to head out. We hadn't heard which characters were at Kidani but that resort is a pain in the butt to have to park at the parking garage and walk a great deal to the characters so we skipped it because we'd heard pirate Goofy was meeting at Caribbean beach and that meet ended soon.

dmp3grE.jpg

T65MnCm.jpg

TtJFA79.jpg

ikoJmG1.jpg

Hrq9p9p.jpg

bHT0TCW.jpg

Next up, we hadn't heard a lot about the characters at AOA so we gave it a shot.

We ended up arriving at a perfect time and had to wait a few groups to meet Pluto in a life jacket. 5 minutes later Donald in a beach outfit came out so we met him with only a few minute wait. I love hitting those character splits perfectly.

RkI78BK.jpg

GM3ivmW.jpg

qWScYrf.jpg

Pop was right next door so was the logical choice. Pop's line was huuuuuuge. We ended up missing surf Mickey by a few groups but got to meet Hawaiian type dress Minnie. Also got a few cute pics of them interacting.

3vO1L5v.jpg

V57fabX.jpg

I really didn't feel like messing with most of the deluxes this year, as they can be a pain to park. Through our chat, we heard that Elvis Stitch was at Poly again (we'd met him before). I think Princess Daisy and Chip and Dale in Moroccan outfits were at Contemporary. Wouldn't have minded the munks in those outfits but oh well. I believe Grand Floridian had scarecrow Mickey and witch Minnie, who we'd met before.

Instead we went to the Port Orleans resorts. Had to start at French Quarter since super rare character Louis from Princess and the Frog was out. We ended up missing him by a few groups and instead met Tiana, then hung out at the resort party for half an hour until Louis came back, we were first in line.

ccqHBVh.jpg

kmLHjWy.jpg

2iXnyQ3.jpg

We headed to Riverside next where Goofy and Mickey were meeting but the line had already been capped, so that was the end of our night.

Tr3KbKC.jpg

Counting Chip and Dale as one meet, we met 13 characters, which was not bad at all. If we hadn't messed up parking with the long walk at Saratoga we probably could have got one or two more in. Oh well, goals for next time!

Also, we got to see a lot of cast member made pumpkins along the way, here are some of my favs:

u91cFBD.jpg

lZFwwOo.jpg

KNYSFCW.jpg

LC9xqiC.jpg

v5xFDB5.jpg

All in all, it was a lot of fun. Not only do you get to meet the characters but you get to explore some awesome resorts and see all their Halloween offerings. If anyone has any questions please let me know!
How fun!!! Great report and pictures!!!

We are hoping to do some character hunting on our Christmas trip. If you don’t mind my asking, did you know ahead of time who would be where? Assuming the times are found in the resort activities guides?? Would appreciate any tips you can offer...we’ve never traveled on or close to an actual holiday before, so excited for this opportunity!!

How fun!!! Great report and pictures!!!

We are hoping to do some character hunting on our Christmas trip. If you don’t mind my asking, did you know ahead of time who would be where? Assuming the times are found in the resort activities guides?? Would appreciate any tips you can offer...we’ve never traveled on or close to an actual holiday before, so excited for this opportunity!!

We didn't really know who would be there and specific characters aren't advertised. We had a good idea that Elvis Stitch would be at Poly since he always has been the past few years. Some of the characters, like Stitch and Tiana/Louis, stayed the same and some changed, like the munks being at Saratoga instead of Oogie Boogie.

This is where the group chat was invaluable. We had so many people and we all went to different places so we let each other know who was where. Twitter will also have this info sometimes.

The times were in the resort guides, however, it was different this year. In past year's the info was in the guide for October. This year, it didn't come out until the week of Halloween, so it was harder to find. We ended up pooling our info once again and a few of us traveled to other resorts to find the times. Not sure how that will work for Christmas.

Do you know when the Christmas characters start? Is it Christmas day only...I feel like I might have heard it is for a whole week. We are going to be there and will leave on Dec 21. So we might be character hunting with you if they are out that early.

We didn't really know who would be there and specific characters aren't advertised. We had a good idea that Elvis Stitch would be at Poly since he always has been the past few years. Some of the characters, like Stitch and Tiana/Louis, stayed the same and some changed, like the munks being at Saratoga instead of Oogie Boogie.

This is where the group chat was invaluable. We had so many people and we all went to different places so we let each other know who was where. Twitter will also have this info sometimes.

The times were in the resort guides, however, it was different this year. In past year's the info was in the guide for October. This year, it didn't come out until the week of Halloween, so it was harder to find. We ended up pooling our info once again and a few of us traveled to other resorts to find the times. Not sure how that will work for Christmas.

Do you know when the Christmas characters start? Is it Christmas day only...I feel like I might have heard it is for a whole week. We are going to be there and will leave on Dec 21. So we might be character hunting with you if they are out that early.

Thank you so VERY much for posting, it's just incredible! Love all the photos, who took them Disney Photopass? Still learning more!

@OhioStateBuckeye - THANK YOU SO MUCH for the great report, all of the detailed info, and for sharing your fantastic pictures. If we are ever there ON halloween, I definitely think the resort hopping would be the way to go!

Thank you so VERY much for posting, it's just incredible! Love all the photos, who took them Disney Photopass? Still learning more!

No, the pics were just taken with my Pixel. Best phone camera out there. You should see some of the ones it took of Boo to you.

@OhioStateBuckeye - THANK YOU SO MUCH for the great report, all of the detailed info, and for sharing your fantastic pictures. If we are ever there ON halloween, I definitely think the resort hopping would be the way to go!

Let me know if you go next year and need some tips or tricks.

Thanks for the info!! From what I can find online, last year they started on the 19; in 2015 it was the 21. As you mentioned, some times were listed in old December activities guides, but not all. We will be there the 20-23, potentially hunting the 21 and 22, so happy to share info!!

Does anyone know the name or singer of the voodoo song that they played on Main Street before the parade? I can't really remember any lyrics, so I'm not helpful. The guy had a gravely kind of voice.

Sorry, I didn't mean to leave you hanging! LOL! We were right on track with my plan until after the fireworks:

3:15 - Arrive at MK (get in at 3:50-ish and walk through bypass for candy, bag & photo or two) Based on photo time stamps I was at the bus stop at 3:08 and I arrived around 3:15-3:20 at the tapstiles and at the entrance to the bypass by 3:48.

4:00-5:20pm - Jack & Sally (Hope to be towards the front of the line-ish. BFF will meet me in this line after she arrives.) I was in line just prior to 4pm and 8 back from the start. My friend was waiting forever for a bus to MK so she was delayed. I let a few people in front of me to meet J&S until we determined that she wouldn't make it. I met J&S at 5:17pm. (They came out at 5pm.)

Afterwards I checked Moana's line, which wasn't on my schedule, but I was curious. Was told it was 2 hours by CM so did not elect to stand in line then as we did not want to miss our SDMT FP.

5:20pm-5:45pm: Peter Pan FastPass. (If we miss this due to Jack & Sally we can hopefully ride later in the night with little to no wait.) Rode Peter Pan around 5:50pm. (Thank God for the grace period since I checked was in the Moana line for a few minutes before heading up to PP.)

5:45pm-6:30pm: SDMT FastPass (will hit this at the beginning of the window though likely.) Met up with BFF in front of Mine Train and rode at 6pm. (She took the Headless Horseman shot on the way in.)

*Grab dinner at Columbia Harbor House to go or might just get in line while BFF grabs dinner or vice versa depending on the time. After Mine Train we grabbed BFF a trick or treat bag then we went to Columbia Harbor House and ordered dinner. Took our dinner up to the Pooh & friends line. She was not pleased standing and eating to be honest, but there was already quite a line for Pooh & friends.

6:30 – 7:30 M&G: Pooh & Gang (making their first set) We met Pooh & the gang around 7:20 according to time stamps on PhotoPass and they were awesome! Tigger and I had a little dance party.

7:35 – 8:15: Minnie, Donald & Daisy M&G
*ToT at Pete's Silly Slideshow (either tag team or hit on way there or back.)
*Will check Goofy's line too now that he has a pirate costume????
Made it to Donald & Daisy's line around 7:20ish. I got in line and BFF ToT at Big Top. Then we switched out and I did both lines at Big Top. We met Donald and Daisy at 8:12pm. That was a long line! Since we wanted to get a spot for the parade we opted to skip the other characters in the area.

8:20 - 8:30: Skeleton Magic Shot? (would probably only stop for this if there's little to no line. Might just hustle over to do HM MagicShot)
*ToT at Pinnochio's Village Haus & Philharmagic
We took the Skeleton Magic Shot at 8:23 pm. Then did ToT at Philharmagic. Went straight to find spot for parade.

8:40 - 8:50: Get pumpkin waffle from Sleepy Hollow
*ToT Liberty Square Riverboat

8:50 - 9:45: Stake out spot and watch 1st Boo to You Parade (Might stake out spot and have BFF hold spot while I pick up waffle.) Got in line for parade and told BFF to hold our spot. (Learned she is not good at this...lol!) I went to grab a pumpkin waffle. This took a bit and she sent me a distress text, but I think I was carrying the waffle back. Pushed my way through to my spot, which annoyed the people around her. And some lady was up by back the whole time even when I moved up as people stood up so that she'd have more space. She'd just creep right up to where she was touching me. Ugh. Parade was awesome, as was the Headless Horseman! From the looks of FB posts we rode BTMR at 9:15.

At some point we ToT at Liberty Square, just can't remember exactly when in this time frame we did.

9:45 - 10:05: Ride Haunted Mansion & Haunted Mansion Magic Shots/Madam whomever (get done what we can after parade passes and then head towards hub for fireworks)
Made our way to Haunted Mansion and took those Magic shots around 9:45. Had some extra time so stopped for grave digger photo op at 9:52. Headed up towards BTMR and met Bear from Splash Mountain, which was a little chaotic. The group in front of us had a lengthy meet and then the handler said, oh, he's leaving. But I got a quick, blurry selfie. Then we had to take a potty break. This meant we didn't make it out to the hub for fireworks and we watched from Frontierland for a minute before deciding to go over to Adventureland. And this is where the schedule got all funky! LOL!

10:05 - 10:30: Fireworks While fireworks will still going we cut over to Adventureland thinking we'd ToT and head to talking Mickey since we'd already ridden BTMR. Then we noticed that Moana's line was super short. So we got in it. She was on a break. We waited about half an hour and met Moana at 11:02 then headed back out towards the hub.

10:35 - 10:50: Lotso M&G Postponed while in line with Moana
*ride Space Mountain if line is short
*ToT at Tomorrowland locations

10:50 - 11:05: Ride BTMR Done earlier in night.
*ToT at Dock to Tom Sawyer and Splash

11:05 - 11:15: ToT in Adventureland
*Might peak at character lines here or ride Pirates
Skipped as we were meeting Moana. Went back towards hub. Took PhotoPass picture with castle and giant pumpkin.

11:20 - 11:40: Talking Vampire Mickey Skipped as we headed to Tomorrowland. Met Lotso at 11:19pm. Rode Space Mountain at 11:30, then ToT.

11:40 - 11:50: Magic Shots on Main St. Skipped to get spot for Hocus Pocus and rest our legs.

11:50 - 12:15: Hocus Pocus Villian Spectacular

Hocus Pocus was awesome! We took Magic Shots on Main Street afterwards and looked around in the store where I neglected to get my oldest something Jack. They were closing the doors to the Emporium so we just made it in! Never did get my SotMK card. :( Exited park and took Headless Horseman shot at 12:50. Went out to buses which was a little confusing finding the right one. Boardwalk was the last stop on the bus. We were exhausted, but had so much fun!

Sorry, I didn't mean to leave you hanging! LOL! We were right on track with my plan until after the fireworks:

Welcome back!!! Wow, it looks like you did a lot. I'm so happy the both of you enjoyed the party! Thank you for adding your itinerary with added details, it makes for a very nice comparison. Will you be back next year and would you say Nov. 1st party was crowded?

Welcome back!!! Wow, it looks like you did a lot. I'm so happy the both of you enjoyed the party! Thank you for adding your itinerary with added details, it makes for a very nice comparison. Will you be back next year and would you say Nov. 1st party was crowded?

Thanks! I was very pleased with how much we were able to get done, and the luck of finding such a short line for Moana by chance. We were able to see fireworks from the line too! I didn't think the party was overly crowded. I've only been to the Christmas party before, but I've been to quite a few of those and this was decidedly less crowded than the first Christmas party I attended last year. (Or maybe having a better plan helped?) I would definitely go again next year if the opportunity presents itself. I always run Wine & Dine so if there is a Nov 1st party again I would attend it. (Unless I can talk the hubs in to a trip....)

Thanks! I was very pleased with how much we were able to get done, and the luck of finding such a short line for Moana by chance. We were able to see fireworks from the line too! I didn't think the party was overly crowded. I've only been to the Christmas party before, but I've been to quite a few of those and this was decidedly less crowded than the first Christmas party I attended last year. (Or maybe having a better plan helped?) I would definitely go again next year if the opportunity presents itself. I always run Wine & Dine so if there is a Nov 1st party again I would attend it. (Unless I can talk the hubs in to a trip....)

FYI - October 2012 and October 2018 line up the same so here's what we "might" see next year.

upload_2017-11-13_23-20-36.png

upload_2017-11-13_23-20-48.png

In 2017 October had 18 parties right now I have only 15 and one party being held in November. Who knows what Disney will plan for us next year!

When does this start?

vyVgcC1.png

7Vbk6b5.jpg

Bbp7LXX.jpg

VN3GuEb.jpg

7zdnRiL.jpg

bmgcnJq.jpg

VeyxHO3.jpg

k7o4L0X.jpg

6AjjCc8.jpg

3xNVuF0.jpg

4UPvXs7.jpg

dmp3grE.jpg

T65MnCm.jpg

TtJFA79.jpg

ikoJmG1.jpg

Hrq9p9p.jpg

bHT0TCW.jpg

RkI78BK.jpg

GM3ivmW.jpg

qWScYrf.jpg

3vO1L5v.jpg

V57fabX.jpg

ccqHBVh.jpg

kmLHjWy.jpg

2iXnyQ3.jpg

Tr3KbKC.jpg

u91cFBD.jpg

lZFwwOo.jpg

KNYSFCW.jpg

LC9xqiC.jpg

v5xFDB5.jpg

All in all, it was a lot of fun. Not only do you get to meet the characters but you get to explore some awesome resorts and see all their Halloween offerings. If anyone has any questions please let me know![/QUOTE]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter