Mnsshp??

MarieS

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip in October with our two DS who are in wheelchairs, etc. Has anyone had a child with special needs go to this? How did it work out? Is there something they really enjoyed about it? Did they wear a costume?
I am thinking of going because the boys don't normally do Halloween at home since they can't trick or treat and eat candy.( Long story!) I thought this would be fun and different.
Thanks for any advice!
Marie

Hey Marie! It's amazing to trick or treat at Disney. No steps to go up or anything! They have their little trick or treat bags and it's fun to go through the lines. DD#1 can't eat candy but she loved hearing that candy hit that bag.

The girls loved to see the lights. Something about the whole atmosphere was great! They loved seeing the characters in their costumes. They did wear their cinderella dresses. DD#2 had a really bad seizure early in the evening so she was out for most of the night. When she is out she folds her body in half and lays her head on the seat of her wheelchair. Made for some unusual pictures with the characters. LOL!!!

It was a lot of fun getting our family picture made with the Halloween backdrop. I am sure ya'll will have lots of fun!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter