Dunno anything about the POFQ renovations, but my husband and I stayed there in 2016 and loved it. So small and compact, fantastic bus service....it was great. :)

We are going back to Disney in FEBRUARY!!! Woo Hoo! If you you didn't follow my PTR, the original plan was to have both this Sept trip and the Feb trip. And then we started rethinking the vacation budget and Feb became on the chopping block. But we talked about it and decided to do this Feb trip on the "cheap" No dinning plan, mostly counter service meals, a moderate hotel, no special parties... Which I am totally fine with because we will be in DISNEY!

February has become our regularly scheduled time of year to go, it gets us out of the cold for a little and it is a nice temp in Florida. Since we are doing this trip on the cheap, I won't be doing a pre trip report. So, I will probably sprinkle a couple things in here maybe after I finish this trip report.

Anyway, we leave Wednesday, January 31st and come home Wednesday, February 7th. We picked afternoon flights this time, so no getting in super late, no needing to get our luggage before getting on magical express... But went with Wednesday to Wednesday to save some $$$ on airfare.

Yay! If only you were going a month later, we could have had a dismeet!

We booked a room only reservation at Port Orleans French Quarter! I am actually excited about this. I waited to see what the discounts would be from Disney and thought we would do Riverside if we could get a good discount, as French Quarter isn't usually included. But it came out and it was only for the Royal Rooms at Riverside and was still higher than a regular room at French Quarter. So, I just went with that! I did get a letter in the mail that they are doing some renovations at French Quarter when we will be there. Does anyone know how much they are doing? Anyone stay there? Did you guys like it?

Stayed there and loved it! It's a very relaxing resort and everything is so close together. We were in Building 4, Level 2, which was perfectly convenient for the buses and lobby.

For renovations, I think they are doing a soft goods refurb next year, so replacing furniture and such. Maybe replace carpets, but no large scale renovations like Pop or Colorado Springs. Probably won't affect you guys that much, as it would be within the rooms. They also tend to close off the entire building or floor when they are doing heavier work.

It was sooooo good

Man! I’ve had it once and I did not like it. It was too boozy and not mixed well, maybe. Idk, but I was pretty much drinking straight up 151 from a pineapple...:(

She eats it dry! S

Nice! DD likes spinach like that. I can’t do it.

The noodles were dry!

Really?! Are they meant to be?

am pretty sure they actually said oooohhhhh while she was doing it.

I said ooooohhhh at the photo...:love:

Seriously, how much marshmallow and rice krispees does Disney go through!?!?

A ton, I imagine. I’d be surprised if they didn’t actually just produce marshmallow fluff somewhere on property.

We are going back to Disney in FEBRUARY!

Yay! I’m so glad you guys are going!

But went with Wednesday to Wednesday to save some $$$ on airfare.

Good call, that’s why we did Tuesday-Tuesday. The price difference can be quite a bit!

. We will see how long Morgan can keep the secret!

Lol! Maybe she can get in on the reveal!

We decided to take the boat from Wilderness Lodge to the Contemporary and then hop on the monorail from there around to the Polynesian.
We did this but backwards of you bc we hit Ohana from MK, then took the monorail to the CR, then the boat to WL!

At 3:40 our beeper went off and we headed in to be seated. And we were taken to a table with this view!!!!!
Very nice. I think we were like one or two tables over from that bc we were looking out at the pool area. I bet we could’ve seen MK in the background but I didn’t even think to look!

It was sooooo good! I wish I could of had 2! But it was strong!
Agreed on how strong it was! I couldn’t even finish it (I’m ashamed to admit).

I really liked this! I don't remember what the dressing was, but it had a crunch to it with the crispy wontons on it acting as croutons. I think it had edamame in it, which I love and if I remember correctly, the dressing was sweet but not overly sweet
I love a good salad and it sounds really good!

Not to long after they brought out the "appetizers"
Um, yummy!

The Potstickers were mine and Gwen's favorite.
That would be mine, too.

The Beef was the best for me. Chicken had a good fire cooked smell to it. And the Shrimp was good. Nothing special about the Shrimp just good. Morgan ate a little of all of it. Gwen collected a lot of food on her plate and ate a teen tiny bit. Andy ate a ton! Auntie kept loading him up.
I really want to try it someday but I can’t eat a lot in one sitting. I’m very much a grazer so I probably wouldn’t get my money’s worth. Boo hoo.

We booked a room only reservation at Port Orleans French Quarter!
Yay! Riverside is my favorite but FQ is the only mod I haven’t ever had a chance to stay at. With my parents we never booked early enough to get it - and we almost always stayed moderate. But I always wanted to. Ever since 2012, we’ve stayed in DVC accommodations, so I don’t know if I ever will.

So, Morgan said she wanted to know about our next trip this time around and Gwen said she did not. So, that is how it stands at the moment. Morgan knows and Gwen doesn't. We will see how long Morgan can keep the secret!
I’m interested to see how long she keeps it, as well! :)

I'm a little late to the game, but I just got caught up on your report! I know I read your last report from your short trip, but for some reason I didn't realized you'd started this one. I didn't quote everything since I had a lot of catching up to do, but I did a few things:

The girls with there new ears on! I was worried if they would like my selection for them both. But they thankfully did. Way to go me!

I love their ears!! Good choices!

Until.... I received an email from Disney saying that there was an issue with our fastpasses... Ugh!!!! I knew it was because of the MNSSHP day, we didn't have park tickets that day and a lot of folks were getting there passes cancelled. I didn't have time for this!?! I made DH call and see what the deal was. It turned out that we needed to ONLY have fast passes after 4:30 on our MNSSHP Day. So, the lady changed them for us. And we thought we were all set... Or were we?

Uh oh...these seems like foreshadowing.

And this trip one of the two elevators was out of order on our trip.

I'm not surprised by this! When we were there this summer we had a scary elevator experience!

BUT when an elevator finally came! A man and son got off, and asked if we were headed to Magic Kingdom. We said yes, and he handed us (5) anytime fast passes! Good till next Saturday! We thanked him quickly as we jumped on the elevator and headed down. I felt bad not giving him a more proper thanks but I didn't want to wait another ice age for an elevator...

How awesome! Amazing luck, and a very kind man!

This is where I became "mean mommy" I wouldn't let them climb on the little ledges like that boy was doing. So, I was the worst mom EVER! Sigh. We moved on, it was 10:30 by now and already getting hot!

Obviously you're the worst mom ever. I used to tell my mother she was the "meanest mommy in the whole world."

But it came out and it was only for the Royal Rooms at Riverside and was still higher than a regular room at French Quarter. So, I just went with that! I did get a letter in the mail that they are doing some renovations at French Quarter when we will be there. Does anyone know how much they are doing? Anyone stay there? Did you guys like it?

Exciting that you're headed back in February!! We've started at POFQ and we LOVED it! Probably my favourite moderate (I've stayed at 3/4 and visited all of them) but this is controversial depending on what you value in a resort. I loved the small size/intimate feel. I hope you enjoy it!

Taking some time to play DIS catch up today...

Why
Why Not? Am I right?!?
Definitely reason enough for me to want to go to Disney World!

(see the small box sitting on the shelves RIGHT NEXT TO HER!)
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

I had DH hid 2 "decoy" boxes in the house until the big reveal. So, they opened up and...
2 decoys??? That is so cruel.

I love it!!!

37404125332_ac82031342_z.jpg
Those are some excited faces!!!

It is the semi-famous Grapefruit Schofferhofer beer! We love this beer, and I usually try to have at least a couple on our Disney trips.

****SPOILER ALERT*****
I ended up having zero of them this trip!
Spoiler Alert... I finally had my first one of these on our trip!

Our trip last Feb, we did basically the same thing, so we needed to get a 1st drink of the trip shot!
"First drink of the trip shot" makes me think of something a little bit different from your intended meaning...

We told the girls they HAD to finish all of there work in the airport and/or on the plane. That we weren't going to do any homework in Disney. I don't know what is up with 2nd grade, but Morgan couldn't concentrate on her homework when she was in 2nd grade. And Gwen is REALLY struggling with it this year as well! Morgan finished before we needed to board the plane, and Gwen spent 75% of the flight doing homework... Sigh. But they finished!
That's a great way to make use of that airport time. Glad they were able to get everything done before you got to Disney World.

And yes, we all sat on the yucky, dirty airport floor and lived the tell the tale!
Builds the immune system. :thumbsup2

I was PROBABLY a LITTLE TOO excited about these. They were big sized!!!! And I used them the in the afternoon, I LOOOOVED THEM!!!! So, much so, that I went down to the Mercantile to see how much the big bottles were... Well, let's say I didn't buy any. If I wanted shampoo and conditioner it would have been $50! Yikes!!!o_O So, instead, I hid the bottles each day so, I collected a couple trips worth!
Yeah, maybe just a little too excited. :rotfl2: I did notice the price in the gift shops... holy crap. You did it the smart way.

BUT when an elevator finally came! A man and son got off, and asked if we were headed to Magic Kingdom. We said yes, and he handed us (5) anytime fast passes! Good till next Saturday! We thanked him quickly as we jumped on the elevator and headed down. I felt bad not giving him a more proper thanks but I didn't want to wait another ice age for an elevator...
Awesome!!!!

Does anyone else kids like to ride on the moving walkway and NOT WALK AT ALL?!?! OMG, Morgan always wants to let it move her, and it is sooooo slow....
::yes:: DD. On every moving walkway or escalator she's ever been on. :faint:

I can't for the life of me tell where I am aiming.
Here's my secret. When the ride starts, turn away from the targets and point your gun at a blank wall. See where the dot is in relation to where you're aiming. It makes it a lot easier.

a Frozen Blue Fanta Drink, and some water.
Those things are awesome. I don't even know how many various types of frozen drinks we had.

The CM asked how old they were, they said 9 and 7 and that seemed to be a good enough answer. They were SO excited!
::yes:: DS rode something alone... I can't for the life of me remember off the top of my head, but the CM said 7 is the age when they allow it.

So, I have NEVER seen these before. And of course my first thought was how much of a pain it probably is to push that thing! Well, I just looked up how much it cost to rent one... $299 a DAY!!!! Yikes. If your not scared off by the price here's there website. https://www.princesscarriagerentals.com I am sure that and a Bippity Bobbity Boutique makeover would def make a magical day.
$299 a day? You could buy a very high quality stroller that you can take home with you forever for $299!

I just love the water bridge, it just amazes me that the bridge can support the weight of the water.
::yes:: I kept confusing DS by telling him we were driving underwater when the bus would go under that. He didn't get it even after we took a boat across and I explained it to him.:rotfl2:

We left Wilderness Lodge around 3:00. Actually as we were pulling out on the boat, we could see the geyser going off, so it might have been exactly 3:00.
So if you're cruising and the geyser is going off, you probably left a little before 3. :rolleyes1

I honestly don't know how I feel about it. it's def not the same now, but the giant waterfall was so big and it kind of smelt funny. Guess it doesn't really matter.. it is what it is!
::yes:: I agree. I like that it is more open and really looks more like a hotel lobby should, but I really liked the whole "natural" feel of the old lobby.

Andy's sister asked us to look for a Hei Hei as they didn't have any when she was here. Sadly no Hei Hei.
I don't get it. Niece likes Hei Hei too. We just never could find any good Moana souvenirs.

You could see the castle and space mountain! Gwen was obsessed with the Volcano Pool. She really wants to stay there now. I said you and me both! Start saving your pennies!
No kidding!

The girls were SUPER jealous that my drink came in a pineapple. They really should have a kid drink that comes in one, they could charge an arm and a leg for it, people would order it... I know I would get suckered into it for the girls...
::yes:: Disney has a reputation for sucking our wallets dry. They find ways to separate us from our money that we don't even see coming until we reach in to find nothing but dust. Yet there are so many opportunities like this that are just such easy and obvious ways for Disney to basically print unlimited supplies of money that they just totally miss out on.

You know, kind of like a lack of Moana souvenirs when it is kind of the trending Disney movie among the kids.

It was a lot of kids and of a cluster. But the girls liked it, and really that is what it is for...
::yes::

Looks like quite a nice dinner at Ohana!

We are going back to Disney in FEBRUARY!!! Woo Hoo! If you you didn't follow my PTR, the original plan was to have both this Sept trip and the Feb trip. And then we started rethinking the vacation budget and Feb became on the chopping block. But we talked about it and decided to do this Feb trip on the "cheap" No dinning plan, mostly counter service meals, a moderate hotel, no special parties... Which I am totally fine with because we will be in DISNEY!
Awesome! Looks like it should be a lot of fun. I think POFQ is a good idea. That was our original plan before discounts came out and we felt like the price of upgrading to AKL for a nominal fee was worth it. I do want to stay at POFQ sometime, and I'm sure we'll have ample opportunity. I've noticed that the POR discounts tend to just be the Princess rooms most of the time. That was also the case for us this summer when the discounts came out because we looked into that as well.

Loving your report! I love your trip reveal, what fun! Cracks me up the girls were looking in their dresser drawers.

I also love that you survived the dirty airport floor! I remember as a kid so often it was way better to sit on the floor. Now I see parents making a huge deal about it and I'm just like, is it really? :confused3 I mean, yes there are times it shouldn't be done (like in the check in line for BOG dinner? we ran into that) but most of the time, you'll live lol.

Oh my gosh those strollers! We saw them around, I can't believe how much they cost! I don't think I could bring myself to do it... I'd rather give my (future) kids more experiences. But who knows what will happen, maybe someday I'll just melt when they ask :rotfl:

Need to try a Lapu Lapu, better put that on my list for next time! I didn't tell DH there's potstickers at O'hanas, he'd want to eat there for every meal :rotfl2: I noticed with the dessert at Garden Grill, back in January it was just DH and I and this time it was us plus his parents and aunt. We got the same size of Strawberry shortcake but also a plate of sugar cookies. I wonder how they decide with desserts :confused3

We're going back at the end of January but leaving on the 30th. Always happy to have another trip planned. I'm worried about ours because we ended up with APs and they expire at the end of February, so that might be our last trip for awhile :sad:

Just read your whole TR so far. I shouldn't have read it while I'm so hungry--that 'Ohana update did me in!!! Now I am in the mood for tropical drinks poolside and lots of pot stickers!!

How exciting that you'll be able to go again February!!! Color me jealous!!

Hi Everyone!!!!

TGIF!!

And man it was a long work week for me! I am counting down the minutes to DH gets home so I can grab dinner with my BFF and have some DRINKS!!! (with a side of food) I need it!

I was hoping to write a post yesterday, but that clearly didn't happen. And we have a busy weekend coming up but if I am lucky I can squeeze one in on Sunday morning. Maybe... I am not promising anything but my goal is to finish this before our next trip!

When I am not currently stressed out about work, I am stressed out about the fact that November starts next week. How did that happen?!?! Does anyone else have an elf on the shelf at there house?!? Morgan is 9 and in 4th grade and the kid won't give up on Santa or the Elf. :confused3 I am pretty positive deep down she knows but she doesn't want to admit it and be wrong... Sigh.

Always feels good to know when your next trip is!!!!!
Doesn't it?!? Even if it is super far off, just knowing that you have one ahead just makes things seem ok.

Me and DD11 get there on 2/8 for her cheer competition if they get a bid!!! Will just miss you.
Man... I am hoping to one day to have an in park meet up...

Dunno anything about the POFQ renovations, but my husband and I stayed there in 2016 and loved it. So small and compact, fantastic bus service....it was great. :)
Thanks! My sister-in-law & brother-in-law say the same.

Yay! If only you were going a month later, we could have had a dismeet!
So close...

We were in Building 4, Level 2, which was perfectly convenient for the buses and lobby.
I will have to remember that. I might ask for ground level... After all our waiting for the elevator this trip. Is there even elevators in these buildings?

For renovations, I think they are doing a soft goods refurb next year, so replacing furniture and such. Maybe replace carpets, but no large scale renovations like Pop or Colorado Springs. Probably won't affect you guys that much, as it would be within the rooms. They also tend to close off the entire building or floor when they are doing heavier work.
Thanks!

Idk, but I was pretty much drinking straight up 151 from a pineapple...:(
Ha. Maybe you had a heavy handed bartender... Mine was strong but not that bad. And I am not a strong drink drinker...

Really?! Are they meant to be?
I don't know if the noodles are to be dry. I did read someone else review of Ohana and they said the same. Maybe they are going for plain-ish. They aren't lo Mein-ish at all. So, I don't know. :confused3

A ton, I imagine. I’d be surprised if they didn’t actually just produce marshmallow fluff somewhere on property.
Ha. Now I have an image of a building somewhere on property like Willie Wonka's factory for Fluff! Which by the way, DH always says Disney should have a Willy Wonka land. Which I am not even sure they own that property, but how AMAZING would that be!!!!

Lol! Maybe she can get in on the reveal!
DH proposed the idea of Morgan giving Gwen a Christmas Present to make the reveal. But Morgan really wants to keep it a surprise right up to when we leave. Like pick them up from school and just drive to the airport and wait to see how long it takes her to figure it out...

Agreed on how strong it was! I couldn’t even finish it (I’m ashamed to admit).
Oh, I was finishing that thing!

I really want to try it someday but I can’t eat a lot in one sitting. I’m very much a grazer so I probably wouldn’t get my money’s worth. Boo hoo.
If you decide to do the dinning plan, it is only 1 table service credit. So, your big trip, it might be worth it if you decide to do the dinning plan. I wonder if the lapu lapu would be allowed for your one drink next year.... If so, who cares how much you eat?!?

Ever since 2012, we’ve stayed in DVC accommodations, so I don’t know if I ever will.
I wouldn't expect you to know that you are official DVC owners!

I’m interested to see how long she keeps it, as well! :)
It's the big cliff hanger of this trip report! I will keep you posted.

I'm a little late to the game, but I just got caught up on your report! I know I read your last report from your short trip, but for some reason I didn't realized you'd started this one.
:welcome: I sadly didn't finish that one. Maybe I will go back and finish it eventually... Glad you are hear now!

I'm not surprised by this! When we were there this summer we had a scary elevator experience!
Oh no! What happened!!! Or maybe I don't want to know.

How awesome! Amazing luck, and a very kind man!
It was amazing luck. I always wish I could pass a little pixie dust pixiedust: like that over to someone else. But just haven't had the opportunity to. One day!

Exciting that you're headed back in February!! We've started at POFQ and we LOVED it! Probably my favourite moderate (I've stayed at 3/4 and visited all of them) but this is controversial depending on what you value in a resort. I loved the small size/intimate feel. I hope you enjoy it!
I am def looking forward to trying it out. Honestly, we love the boat at Wilderness Lodge, so I am hoping at least being able to take the boat to Disney Springs will make it nice.

2 decoys??? That is so cruel.

I love it!!!
I like to torcure the girls in little ways like this... I guess I am a mean mommy! :rotfl2:

Spoiler Alert... I finally had my first one of these on our trip!
Oh, Did you like it? Did you already write about it, and say it was just ok?

"First drink of the trip shot" makes me think of something a little bit different from your intended meaning...
Ha. Sorry..

Builds the immune system. :thumbsup2
That is what I like to think. We were once in a Target bathroom and a mom and a girl probably about 12 or 13 went into a stall together and the mom was prompting her to not touch the toilet seat... It was very strange...

::yes:: DD. On every moving walkway or escalator she's ever been on. :faint:
So, you feel my pain...

Here's my secret. When the ride starts, turn away from the targets and point your gun at a blank wall. See where the dot is in relation to where you're aiming. It makes it a lot easier.
Oh! I will def try this in February!

$299 a day? You could buy a very high quality stroller that you can take home with you forever for $299!
Seriously! I feel like you have to have SERIOUS cash to feel ok doing this.

::yes:: I kept confusing DS by telling him we were driving underwater when the bus would go under that. He didn't get it even after we took a boat across and I explained it to him.:rotfl2:
Too funny!

::yes:: Disney has a reputation for sucking our wallets dry. They find ways to separate us from our money that we don't even see coming until we reach in to find nothing but dust. Yet there are so many opportunities like this that are just such easy and obvious ways for Disney to basically print unlimited supplies of money that they just totally miss out on.
Right?!? Our first trip, we went to Pizza Planet and Morgan left crying because she wanted a prize out of one of those claw games. Cause her only knowledge of this was Toy Story and they make it look easy... I said to DH, why don't they have one that is $30 to play and you get a prize each play... Just put real plush in the thing. Parents would TOTALLY do it! We would have.

Cracks me up the girls were looking in their dresser drawers.
I kind of felt like I had failed them.. They didn't seem to see how that was not a good place to look. :scratchin

Loving your report! I love your trip reveal, what fun!
:welcome: Glad you are enjoying the report so far!

I also love that you survived the dirty airport floor! I remember as a kid so often it was way better to sit on the floor. Now I see parents making a huge deal about it and I'm just like, is it really? :confused3 I mean, yes there are times it shouldn't be done (like in the check in line for BOG dinner? we ran into that) but most of the time, you'll live lol.
Seriously! I am pretty sure we got some side eyes from some people while we were doing it...

Oh my gosh those strollers! We saw them around, I can't believe how much they cost! I don't think I could bring myself to do it... I'd rather give my (future) kids more experiences. But who knows what will happen, maybe someday I'll just melt when they ask :rotfl:
You do, do some crazy things for our kids but there is a line.. And this is def on the wrong side of the line for us...

Need to try a Lapu Lapu, better put that on my list for next time! I didn't tell DH there's potstickers at O'hanas, he'd want to eat there for every meal :rotfl2:
It's win win... You get a drink, he gets dumplings... If you stay at the Poly... you can get the food delivered to your room! This might be a bucket list item for me...

We're going back at the end of January but leaving on the 30th. Always happy to have another trip planned. I'm worried about ours because we ended up with APs and they expire at the end of February, so that might be our last trip for awhile :sad:
Sad. But you never know what will happen between now and then. maybe...

ust read your whole TR so far.
:welcome: Glad you are hear! I am so glad to have so many folks following along! I love re-living the trip.

I shouldn't have read it while I'm so hungry--that 'Ohana update did me in!!! Now I am in the mood for tropical drinks poolside and lots of pot stickers!!
Ha. I did that the other night. I was SERIOUSLY starving the other night...

Hi Everyone!
Happy Sunday! We are being lazy this morning, everyone is sitting in the living room with their iPads watching items of choice. (ESPN for DH, 2 different episodes of Liz & Maddie for the girls) That leaves me to hopefully write something on here!
Happy Saturday! Which appears to be my version of your Sunday :-)

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! So excited for you all. Are you going to surprise the girls again?

We booked a room only reservation at Port Orleans French Quarter! I am actually excited about this. I waited to see what the discounts would be from Disney and thought we would do Riverside if we could get a good discount, as French Quarter isn't usually included. But it came out and it was only for the Royal Rooms at Riverside and was still higher than a regular room at French Quarter. So, I just went with that! I did get a letter in the mail that they are doing some renovations at French Quarter when we will be there. Does anyone know how much they are doing? Anyone stay there? Did you guys like it?
We stayed at French Quarter once a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I loved the smallness and compact nature of the resort and Casey loved the pool. The boat to Disney Springs was also a great perk. Plus, beignets :-)

Oh! Even if she knows, keep it going if she plays along. I loved Santa, well
past the “appropriate” age to stop believing. While I knew it was my folks, it wasn’t until my grandma told me to pretend he was real, for my cousins, that it was over for me. We don’t do the Elf, but I still love Santa, and the story of Kris Kringle, it’s just like Disney World to me. Ramble over, lol!

Day One: An Evening at Hollywood Studios

I left off we had finished dinner at Ohana. We decided to call a lift instead of waiting for the bus. It was already late and we wanted to get some things done before Fantasmic. I had DH download and set up the lyft app before we left. We didn't bother with getting set up with the official Minnie Van's. It would be fun to use but it was def cheaper to use regular ones. DH found a driver once we were outside and he was there in a couple minutes and we were off.

My last time stamp was 4:42 for the desert and we were walking into Hollywood Studios at 5:38. So, not bad considering we had to eat that desert and pay before leaving.

When we got there, they were finishing the Star Wars stage show.
[/url)
The girls and Andy were VERY interested in seeing this. The girls go a kick out of seeing Rey, BB8, and the likes.

After the show was over, we moved on. We had fast passes for Star Tours that we needed to use before the time ran out.

We can not wait for Star Wars Land! I love walking under the AT-AT

And seeing the Ewok Village.

Ewok's are Gwen's favorite. She was an Ewok for Halloween one or twice. And I loved the Ewoks as a kid. It will be interesting to see what makes it into the new land.

I don't remember how long the wait was, but it was def shorter than standby.

I always love seeing R2-D2 in the que. (I may or may not of had R2-D2 Under-Roos) And I am guessing some of you folks don't know what under-roos are/were. ;)

We had a great flight on Star Tours. We got at least one new scene for us. And it was enjoyable as always. Even if none of us were the rebel spy. We looked around the gift shop a bit but I kind of made everyone keep moving. I am always kind of disappointed in this dump store. I want so much more out of it. But we had another fastness to get to!

We did of course, need to stop and do the speeder photo. The girls were waiting patiently for there turn and this foreign kid ran up and cut in front of them. Thankfully the Photopass Photographer, told the kid to get in line. But of course this soured Morgan and she didn't feel like posing for the pic. Sigh.....

We headed over to Toy Story Mania next! With all of the construction we had to basically double back and walk past the GMR (closed by now) and enter Pixar Place that way. I believe we took a bathroom break and then got in line to use our fastpass. The standby was SUPER non-exisitant. So, we talked about getting back in line after.

The girls were able to ride together again.

They weren't excited at riding together again..

So, we had a little parents verse adults competition... So, who would win?

Andy was def beating me most of the game and then some how this happened!!!

I must have hit some super high target because I pulled ahead right at the end and TOTALLY beat DH's butt! I couldn't get the girls scores, but we I def was the winner of our family.

After our ride on Toy Story Mania, we took yet another potty break and then I convinced everyone to go into Walt Presents. I wanted to see the Star Wars Model.

You can see the Construction around the building for what will be the entrance to Toy Story Land. We didn't have a ton of time, it was now about 6:52 and we had somewhere to be around 7:00...

But we wondered in, I do like all of the models that they have added in.

I liked this one of the Jungle Cruise.

And the Castle.

I just don't have this as a talent and they are all so detailed! If we ever could visit with our the girls, I would def spend lots of time in here to really check everything out. But unfortantly, with kids, that isn't really possible.

The Toy Story Land Model was cool to see but not that impressive.

The Slinky Dog coaster itself.

And then we went in search of the Star Wars Model. This was a TOTAL disappointment!!! It was just a small part of it. :( Whomp Whomp...

I mean does this scream I need to go there now?!? Nope... Oh well.

We headed out after checking out the sneak peak model. We needed to make our way over towards Fantasmic. I booked the Fantasmic VIP Package and it said to be there by 7:00 to collect your goods and find a seat for the 8:00 show. It was basically the first week of it, so there weren't many reviews of whether you could show up later or what. So, we headed over that way.

DH and Morgan really wanted to ride Rock'n Rollercoaster, so we walked over to see what the wait was like and to get Gwen measured to see if she was tall enough. Well, the wait was long, and Gwen was not tall enough to ride. She was very sad by this, and the wait would have put us VERY close to 8:00. So, I convinced everyone to just head over to see the show and get seats.

I will leave it there. Time to put the ladies to bed for the night! Coming up a full review of the Fantasmic VIP Expierence. Was it worth it? Did we like it?

Last edited:
Great updates! I just got caught back up! I loved your pictures of the food at Ohana, oh my goodness! And great job beating hubby at TSMM. I always lose to my husband on shooter rides like that. :-/

Day One: A VIP Expeirence

So, we walked up to the fastness area around 7:15 and asked where to go for the VIP Expeirence. They directed us tot he right hand side. VIP on the Right and Fastness folks on the left. We checked in just a short way down. The lady gave us lanyards that glowed.

White for the adults and Purple for the kids. They specifically said the purple was for the kids. I am not sure if they were using that as a form of "ID" for older guests who would be closer to drinking age. or what. They sent us a little further down, to collect our goodies.

They gave us 2 bags.

Each had 2 boxes in it. 2 adult boxes and 2 kid boxes. They also gave us small bottles of water, napkins and plastic silverware. They also gave us our "glow" cups. These were a little disappointing... I was hoping for something a little more "cool" but not terrible. Adults got an alcoholic drink and kids nonalcoholic drink. Once we had all of our goodies, they directed us to our seating area. We had our lanyards on, so all of the CM spotted us immediately and just kept telling us where to go. Which was nice. We were told to sit anywhere in the fastness area. We were able to score seats about 6 rows up center. It was def worth getting there on the early side.

Here is the adult box unopened. It came with cute little cupcakes, cheese and crackers in a tiny little bag. It was super cute.

And here is it opened.

And here is a pic of what everything is. I thought the treats were good. The Chocolate Covered Strawberries were the best. But those are my favorite over lots of things. Morgan ate my Evil Queen's Apple Crisp. She really liked it. I ate a little bit of Ursula's Cheesecake. it was well, plain cheesecake. It was ok. The little pearls on top were good. It was just good. Andy didn't even open his box. He was stuffed from dinner. But it was nice since they gave us the bags, it was easy to transport them home easily.

Here is the kids box before we opened it.

And then opened. The jar had chocolate pudding in it and the little containers had gummy worms and crumbled oreos in a another for the dirt and worms dessert. Morgan did say she wished she had a chocolate covered strawberry. But I was a good mommy and gave her one of mine.

The popcorn is the multicolor popcorn you can buy in all the stores and it is basically candy coating on popcorn. None the less Morgan loved all of it. Gwen also didn't touch her box till we got back to the hotel later that night.

Gwen entertained herself with the VIP lanyard and watching the CM who was selling bubble makers. She decided that she needed one later this trip.

Oh, the drinks.... They called it something like an electric Blue Margarita or something. It was super STRONG!!!! But DH and I both finished ours, I mean it would have been a waste to not, right?

The girls drink was some sort of mix of cranberry juice, pineapple juice and apple. The girls were not a fan. They don't like cranberry juice. And I can't image this is popular juice for kids? Morgan drink some but I just ended up opening the water bottles for the girls instead. They liked the cups a lot. (Although I did not get a pic of them) They were kind of plain but def better quality than the adult beer mugs...

Eventually the show started! This was our first time seeing the show. And I don't think any of us really knew what to expect. OMG! Morgan LOVED every minute of it! The water screen part in the beginning was a bit long but once the floats started to come by, the girls got more and more into it.

Love Belle. And the Beast Costume is always very impressive to me.

Gwen wasn't a big fan of the Dragon in the show. And watched half of it like this:

So, Mickey moves around a lot in the show. And well, Gwen was not having it...

One minute he is at the bottom of the mountain.....

And then Mickey is at the very top!

And then he is driving a ferry BOAT!!!!

The show finished and the first thing Gwen says is that Mickey COULD NOT have moved that fast.

Gwen gave that part a big thumbs down!

She also talked on and on about the first ON THE WATER!!! How did they do that?!?

Morgan watched the entire show like this...

Her mouth was actually open more most of the show but of course I always missed it.

The overall review of the show was that we all loved it! We had great seats, good weather, and some snacks. It was perfect. We waited a bit for some folks to clear out.

Played with our VIP Lanyards some more... And then finally decided to head out as well.

We decided to stop in some shops on the way out. I told the girls they could look for there items that they wanted before dinner. We split up, me with the girls and DH by himself. (He always get the better end of this deal)

DH text me this pic...

I really wanted to buy it for myself and my girlfriend that wants to come with us in 2018. But I refrained. But does my DH know me or what?

The girls found exactly what they wanted from before....

Hat not included. Gwen picked out Minnie and Morgan went with the Mickey version. After we made our purchases we headed out. Andy wanted to check the next store while I took the girls to the bathroom. After that we decided it was time to head out for good.

By the time we got to the front of the park it was cleared out a bunch. There were still people waiting but it wasn't bad. We waited just a bit before a bus came and we got on. There was plenty of room, so the girls laid down with there new plush.

It was a long day but a great first day!

Day One: Food

I figured that the dinning plan cost us $1,131.67. And everyone always asks if it is worth it or not. So, I am going to try and keep a running tab of what it would have cost us out of pocket to pay for everything..

Roaring Fork Breakfast:
Bacon Donut & Cinnamon Roll
(2) Snack Credits
$7.39

Magic Kingdom Snack:
Mickey Pretzel & Blue Fanta Slushie
(2) Snack Credits
$10.25

Geyser Point Lunch:
Crab Cake Sandwich + Bottle of Water
(1) Counter Service Credit
$17.89

Ohana Dinner:
Buffet for everyone
(4) Table Service Credits
$189.99

Day One Total: $225.51

Remaining:
(20) Table Service Credits
(23) Counter Service Credits
(44) Snack Credits
$906.16

Will we break even?

Last edited:
I appreciate your devotion to tracking the cost of your food for research sake. I know that even if I don't break even/come out on top, I'll be glad to have it and not feel guilty for ordering the most expensive thing on the menu or feel pressured into skipping dessert. Your VIP stuff for Fantasmic looks awesome! I remember as a 12 year old watching it with a similar feeling and face as Morgan. Gwen is a little too smart for her own good. Mickey is a sorcerer, it's best not to overthink how he gets from here to there. Lol.

(I may or may not of had R2-D2 Under-Roos) And I am guessing some of you folks don't know what under-roos are/were. ;)

I do! I do!! :)

Coming up a full review of the Fantasmic VIP Expierence. Was it worth it? Did we like it?

Loved your review of this!! It's the last thing I have on my list to book for our trip, but looks like it ends December 31st. I'm hoping it gets extended. Fingers crossed!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing how you come out with the $$$ for the dining plan. I've never committed to actually figuring out if it's worth it for us. Once we tried it, we loved it and never went back, but I'm not 100% sure it's worth it for us either!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter