"Mom, dont forget the picture"

Alright looks like we are up to Disney Day 3 :goodvibes

This was our Disney Studios Day, and can I just say this day was Sept 20th and the crowds...well there were none!! Nice, right! I mean it was Free Dining, beautiful weather, just perfect...except we seemed to have a Devil Child in our group...:rolleyes:...note to self...quit taking friends...But hey we are in Disney and Devil Child or not we are here to have a good time! And we did, just with minor(cough)bumps along the way ;)

Anyway we did what most do when entering this park make tracks back to Toy Story Mania!! Since we ate breakfast in the room, pop-tarts and cereal, we didnt make park opening, but no worries we got our fast passes and waited in a 20 minute line to get on, while tucking away our fast-passes and coming back in a couple hours!

We are having lunch at the Sci Fi Cafe today, but not before we have a little snack!
Myself, DM & DS hit The Writers Stop, I love this place! Tucked away in the corner with yummy treats and drinks...
Disneysept2010125.jpg

Disneysept2010126.jpg

Plus you cant forget these babies...
Disneysept2010123.jpg

Disneysept2010124.jpg

Disneysept2010122.jpg

We shared the Carrot Cake Cookie, OH MY GOODNESS, yummy, yummy, yummy!! My son says "Mom you need to learn how to make these" that could be a bad thing, we may end up looking like a Carrot Cake Cookie, yes they are that flipping good!! Unfortunatly our up close pic of it is to dark to see?? but at least I snapped it in the case :goodvibes

Back in a Bit for the Sci Fi Cafe :goodvibes

Ok so we were having lunch today at the Sci Fi Cafe! This is our 4th trip here and it was and still is one of my sons top choices. We find the food good not great but we enjoy it. I will say a couple trips ago we had dinner here and we much prefer lunch :goodvibes

So the boys started out with Milk Shakes - Chocolate, vanilla, strawberry or oreo cookie ice cream $4.69 for there drinks...
Disneysept2010147.jpg

they all had chocolate and they love them! As they tell me they are "there favorite milkshakes at Disney"

I had my favorite drink here Flavored Sodas - Coke blended with vanilla or cherry flavors. Unlimited refills $3.19

Disneysept2010134.jpg

Cherry coke mmmm!

So I had the Smoked Turkey Sandwich - smoked turkey, crispy bacon, lettuce, tomato with an avocado mayonnaise on multigrain bread served with vegetable black bean relish $12.99

Disneysept2010137.jpg

My favorite I get it everytime, yep I think its that yummy!

My DS had Angus Chuck Burger - flame broiled beef patty topped with cheddar or Swiss cheese, sauteed onions, mushrooms, and crispy bacon served with a choice of vegetable black bean relish or french fries $12.99

Disneysept2010138.jpg

He didnt eat much as he wasnt feeling so hot. We packed it up and took it back to the room with us. After a nap and some meds he ate more of it when he woke up....yep cold burger, it must have been good :lmao:

DNn had the Kids Cheeseburger
Disneysept2010139.jpg

he picked at it he was to busy with Milkshake!

And my DM, DH & DN all had Smoked St. Louis-style Ribs - Basted with barbecue sauce served with cole slaw and a choice of cucumber-melon salad or french fries $21.99

Disneysept2010136.jpg

Disneysept2010135.jpg

these people love there ribs, what can I say! They all gave them a thumbs up, they werent the favorite ribs of the week, but they all said they would order them again!

So for dessert mom & I had chocolate Milkshakes and nobody ordered anything else, since my kiddo was feeling :sick: he was sluggish, stuffy and just felt crappy :sick:

we just packed up his lunch and headed back to POFQ so he could rest. The others had a swim day and we just relaxed at the hotel the rest of the day! One reason I love POFQ it is relaxing and I dont mind just hanging out there!

Next up Dinner at the Food Court & tomorrow is MNSSHP!!!!

Since my son wasnt feeling so hot, myself, DS, DH & DM stayed at the hotel for the rest of the day. So we had dinner from the food court, and we had the same thing as last time! :lmao:
Except my DH had the burger my son had the other nite Bacon Double Cheeseburger $8.59
and my DS ate his cold burger he had brought back from Sci Fi Cafe earlier in the day!
Dm had the Chicken Quesadilla $8.39 and I stuck with the
Fried Chicken $9.49 and we all had the

Disneysept2010165.jpg

Yeah they are worth showing again :cloud9:

So the next day we were taking easy in the morning as tonight was MNSSHP!!! So we took a trip over to POR so the kids could go fishing! They had a blast, took a little getting use to the poles and they didnt catch anything but it was still fun!!
So DN & DNn left there and went to Downtown Disney and we stayed and checked out the place, another winner! This resort is so pretty, we have never stayed here, as my mom is in a wheelchair and the smaller size of POFQ is a big, big plus for us! Someday I see a stay here for us, we liked it that much :cloud9:
So we stayed for lunch :goodvibes
My Hubby and I had the Customize your salad by choosing from a variety of ingredients, including beef or chicken $8.19

We both had the chicken and basically the same toppings
Disneysept2010200.jpg

Very fresh, crisp and tasty the way a salad should be :goodvibes

My DS & DM both had the Classic Turkey Sandwich $6.79
Disneysept2010203.jpg

Disneysept2010206.jpg

My mom also had a side of soup with her lunchm which she declared "very, very good!
Disneysept2010204.jpg

For Desserts we I had the Magic Cookie Bar - $3.29
Disneysept2010202.jpg

Ok this was like "Slap your momma good" no worries there was no slapping but this was so good we picked a couple for later, they alone were worth the trip over!
My DM had the Warm Individual Apple Pie - $3.59
Disneysept2010201.jpg

while this was good it failed in comparison to my little gem ;)
DH had the Assorted Cakes and Cheesecake - $3.59 - $3.89
he chose the Carrot Cake
Disneysept2010205.jpg

Again good but didnt hold a candle to the Magic Cookie Bar....
My DS had the Milk Shakes - $3.99 Vanilla to be exact!

Disneysept2010209.jpg

His words.."um its ok but not Sci Fi good" So there ya have it!

We had a lovely day having lunch, shopping, fishing and just checking out POR!

Next Up: MNSSHP

Ok so if you are following along (and thank you by the way :goodvibes) we are Tuesday Night and MNSSHP!!

So we chose to have dinner tonight at Crystal Palace, we really prefer breakfast here but since our pick of Liberty Tree Tavern no longer has characters we went with CP.

The day was going so well, after spending a great day at Riverside we went back to POFQ to get ready for...
Disneysept2010226.jpg

We attended this back in 06 and had a blast! It just so much fun dressing up and hitting the Magic Kingdom, the Shows, Dance Parties, Fireworks and of course...
Disneysept2010293-1.jpg

Disneysept2010292-1.jpg

Disneysept2010291-1.jpg

This is such a great parade, we went to the second one as we were Trick or Treating durning the first!

So long before the parade we had dinner at the Crystal Palace and I dont know about you but when it comes to pics of food at buffet places with characters...i'm a slacker...its always go get food, take a bite, here comes a character and repeat!
so here is all I have..
100_0273.jpg

100_0272.jpg

We did like our dinners but crazy is all I remember... its always busy but this night was well...crazy! and our DNn was in the mix, kids running, screaming, parents hollering...I know, I know it Crystal Palace in Magic Kingdom on MNSSHP night what did I expect :dance3:

Dont get me wrong I would go back in heartbeat as we do love Crystal Palace but wow that was wild night!

So the night went on and we had a blast! We really do like this event, so much so, I was thinking about buying tickets for thursdays nights party as well but we stuck to our original plans :confused3 looking back I wish I would have!

Up next: Free Day and Meeting Up with Friends from Home for Dinner :grouphug:

We always plan a "Free Day" kinda like a do what you want kinda day! My DH & DS make there rounds to all there favorite rides, Yeti tops the list so they start there and make there way to ToT & R&RRC ending up in with Space, Thunder & Splash Mountains! they ride them over and over to get there fill!!

With them and there "Ride Day" my mom and I head to the World Showcase :cloud9: we enjoy it here so much, snacking, shopping, taking in all the movies and best of all we dont have to hear.."are we almost done, this dumb, do I have to stand for this movie" and thats all from my hubby! :lmao:

So my boys, DH & DS (at this point I cant even remember where DN & DNn went :rolleyes1) went to Animal Kingdom first and rode Yeti til there heart content had lunch at Flametree BBQ and guess what they had???
1/2 Slab of St. Louis Ribs - served with baked beans and corn muffin $10.49 and the Smoked 1/2 Chicken - served with baked beans and corn muffin $9.49

shocking, I know...
Disneysept2010313-1.jpg

Now my DS was taking pictures...
Disneysept2010312-1.jpg

when "a really big bird" not "thee" big bird just a big bird in general wanted to join them for lunch...well while telling the story my hubby was laughing so hard he was crying and my son...well lets just say he wasnt laughing! It seems the bird came while my DS was getting ready to snap a picture and helped himself to some of DS's food! Yeah DS freaked out a little and from what I understand was quite the scene :rolleyes1

Meanwhile on the other side of the world...My DM & I chose Kringla Bakeri og Cafe
Norway
We always enjoy a snack from here, but never had lunch and on our last trip we had lunch in France and thought next time Norway!
We both had the Roast Beef Sandwich $7.19

Disney2010079.jpg

This was so good! We had them toasted and they hit the spot! We had the lunch deal, which was the sandwich, soup, drink and dessert. The soup was a Vegtable soup of some sort...
Disney2010080.jpg

My DM really liked this, me not so much just wasnt my cup of tea~

For dessert my DM chose the Cherry Danish $2.39

Disney2010078.jpg

She enjoyed and while I did try a bite and liked it as well it didnt even come close to this little beauty!
Disney2010076.jpg

Oh yeah, I am a School Bread $1.99 lover! I have made trips to the World Showcase just for these buggers....I so wish I had one right now....

But we carried on shopping, people watching, taking in all the movies and since we had an early lunch our late day snack (we knew) was coming from Boulangerie Patisserie!!!

I always have my stand by favorite Napoleon $3.70
Disney2010092.jpg

Its a cream filled thing with me, if I had to choose between this and school bread...well I cant even think about it!!

So my DM chose the Apple Tart $3.85

Disney2010093.jpg

Apparently with her its a tart, turnover type thing! :rotfl:

We love snacking here, just ducking in there and sitting in the back and taking it all in...a perfect end to a perfect day with my mom!:thumbsup2

Coming Up: Meeting Up with Friends from home...and it wasnt planned!!!!!!

[Again good but didnt hold a candle to the Magic Cookie Bar....

Next Up: MNSSHP[/QUOTE]

OMG.... LOVE them! In fact insisted we have a rental car pre-cruise so we can swing by POR from AKV to grab a few or 10! LOL:banana:

OMG.... LOVE them! In fact insisted we have a rental car pre-cruise so we can swing by POR from AKV to grab a few or 10! LOL:banana:[/QUOTE]

I hear ya! I had heard about them, here on the dis of course, but had forgot about them until I spotted them So glad I did :goodvibes

I am really enjoying your reviews keep 'em coming...;)
thats nice to hear, Thank You!

Thanks for the reviews!
The scallops on the grill look SO good!
Thanks so much, the other lady at the table had them in a combo I believe and raved about them as well!

I'm loving your reviews. Looks like you have a very entertaining family.
LOL entertaning is a good word...never a dull moment for us!

Thanks for the trip report. Thing look yummy.
thanks for reading along!

Ok so we are still on our Free Day!!

After doing whatever, wherever the plan is to meet up at Magic Kingdom and head to dinner somewhere! So we did!
We headed to Fantasy Land to see Mickey's Philharmagic and figure out where to go eat dinner! Since it was getting late we figured Downtown Disney was our best bet. I figured the kids would like T-Rex as we have been to the Rainforest Cafe, and while it was fun and the food was ok, our service both times we have been was bad, bad, bad... So T-Rex it would be!

BUT.... while waiting inside Mickey's Philharmagic for the doors to open, I hear someone scream my name then my husbands name...believe it or not it was friends of ours from home!!:woohoo:

A little back story...there daughter who is 4 has Leukemia and Make A Wish sent them to Disney.
We found out the day before we left (via facebook) that we would be there the same time! So after a couple FB exchanges and cell phone # swaps we said if time permits we would meet up!

Well longer story short... we kept missng one another, as they also were doing Universal & Sea World.
Well this particular day, I didnt take my phone to the park and hubby's phone was dying out...so when they hit MK that evening and got no answer from me, and hubby's message went to voice mail that he never heard or checked being that at that point our group was all together, they figured it was another no go.......

Until they decided to try Mickey's Philharmagic one more time, the wait was only 5 minutes so they just walked on in and....Seen Us!!!!!!!!!

Very Cool to say the least!!! So we stayed in Fantasy Land for a while, did a couple rides, stayed for fireworks and then we all headed to T-Rex in Downtown Disney!!

So my son and there son (who is the same age as mine) were having a blast taking pictures of the dino's, the ice cave and everything else in there! It is a really neat place! So the boys also took some food pics!
Disneysept2010376.jpg

Disneysept2010375.jpg

Disneysept2010374.jpg

Disneysept2010373.jpg

These were just some of the appetizers we all shared, I believe they were...
Brachiosaurus Bruschetta - Grilled eggplant, bruschetta tomatoes, herbed cheese and toasted focaccia bread drizzled with a balsamic glaze $8.99

Colosso Nachos - Seasoned beef, pico de gallo, black beans, green onions, cheddar cheese, queso sauce and sour cream $13.99

and one of these...Supersaurus Sampler - For an appetite as big as T-REX! Spinach and pepper jack queso with tortilla chips, Brachiosaurus Bruschetta, T-Rexadillas and Onion Rings $17.99 Add Ribs for $4.99

Now why after the appetizers the boys "dropped the ball" on the food pics I dont know :rotfl: We were all just having a blast, and our waiter was from Pittsburgh!!! He asked if we were, being that I think in the group we had a total of 4 Steeler shrits, hey gotta represent, right! :thumbsup2 So that was an extra plus, got to share some "hometown" stories with him, very cool :cool1:

So the boys all had burgers...Bronto Burger - A 100% beef burger piled high with a fried onion ring, pickles, lettuce, tomato and your choice of cheese. $11.99 Add bacon and mushrooms .99 (Its the first pic)

I had the Tribal Tacos - Your choice of tempura fried or blackened grilled tender Mahi Mahi wrapped in corn tortillas and topped with red cabbage, fresh cilantro, pico de gallo and our T-REX avocado cream sauce $16.99

DH had Stegosaurus Steak and Cheese Sandwich - Traditional-style cheese steak with sautéed onions, peppers and mushroom, topped with melted Monterey jack and Swiss cheeses served with lettuce and tomatoes on a toasted hoagie roll $13.99

and DM had Fire-Roasted Rotisserie Chicken - Half of a chicken, slow-roasted and served with your choice of two of the following sides: garlic mashed potatoes, waffle fries, Raptor rice, baked beans, cinnamon apples, cole slaw or roasted vegetables $19.99

DN had the Age of Salmon - Fillet of Atlantic salmon, glazed with orange basil reduction and served with Raptor rice and roasted vegetables $23.99

There were a total of 3 of the Stegosaurus Sanwiches at the table plus two kids Mac & Cheese dinners!

Not a complaint to be heard! And man did we eat!!!! My goodness we had food everywhere and were there for I know 3 hours :dance3:

It was one of the best nights of the trip and so happy that fate put us all in the same place at he same time!! Disney Magic at its finest :wizard:

Tomorrow takes us back to Animal Kingdom and breakfast with Donald and the gang!!

So after a great night with friends we were running a little behind this morning, plus the only time we waited longer than 15 minutes for a bus...yep this morning!!

But alas it was all good even with being late we just waited maybe 20 minutes to be seated and hey it was our fault so no complaining here :goodvibe because we really like Donald's Safari Breakfast
at Tusker House Animal Kingdom!!

We have been here every trip even back in the day when it was Donalds Breakfasurus!

Disneysept2010410.jpg

Disneysept2010409.jpg

i am guessing these two are mine, I could eat cereal for breakfast, luch or dinner so I was a happy girl!

Disneysept2010411.jpg

Disneysept2010412.jpg

Disneysept2010413.jpg

Disneysept2010414.jpg

these were just random shot inbetween characters, I as kinda proud of myself that i got these...meals with characters are fun and we like them but they are a little hectic, but this is what you go for...
Disneysept2010408.jpg

Well and these...
Disneysept2010422.jpg

Disneysept2010415.jpg

Again we all enjoy breakfast here everytime, lots of selections and everything either hot & fresh or cold and chilled just right! i am sure we will be back :thumbsup2

So we did the safari ride, Lion King and Nemo then we heading to the Disney Studios for the rest of the day!

This is when the crowds started coming...All week we had hardley any crowds not much wait time for rides, but now :eek: I think half of Florida was here!
Early in the week (Monday to be exact) we Fast Passed Toy Story and rode it with very little wait...Today 120 minute wait :scared: uh yeah its good, but not that good...

So we did a few things and picked up some grub at Rosie's All American Cafe
and Catalina Eddie's. Ok now I ask why, why did we stop here...truth be told it wasnt bad, it just wasnt really good. Its one of those things you do and think "this is a bad idea" :confused3

We were here on one other trip and didnt care for but...oh well lesson learned!

the service is bad, slow and bad! I had to explain the dining plan to the lady taking the orders, so I was a little annoyed :rolleyes1and it took forever...for my line, Hubby on the other hand was in another line and well lets just say when I got back with the other part of the food, half of the group was done eating :headache:
But one bright spot was the Caesar Salad with Chicken $7.79

Disneysept2010514.jpg

Disneysept2010508.jpg

he is happy boy with salad and chicken caesar is his favorite! Plus the other little guy in the group was happy with his Chicken Nuggets $4.99
Disneysept2010511.jpg

The rest of had 1/3 lb. Angus Cheeseburger - with choice of coleslaw or fries $8.29 this was my DH & DN they were basically gone when I got back and I got "uh ok" when I asked how they were~

Hot Italian Deli Sandwich
-- with Chips $8.49
Disneysept2010509.jpg

This was my DM and she wasnt diggin this at all, and maybe ate half

I had the Pepperoni Pizza with Caesar Salad $8.69 the salad was crisp and tasty and I should have chose just that as the pizza, well lets just say maybe if it was hot but thats being really nice. Next time we will chose some place else.
it the Tower of Terrors fault, we always seem to be at this end of the Studios and to hot and lazy to go somewhere else :rotfl:

Next up rain, rain go away! We are off to Magic Kingdom & Downtow Disney for Cosmic Rays & ESPN!

Since i have some time, let me add some more :goodvibes

friday morning and it was starting as one of those days, our DNn was to the point of driving me to drink :lmao:

He was just being bad, no two ways about it he needed strung up by his toes...i know I stated before the whole running from us thing, well he shot down Main Street out of eye site and i'm telling ya, I am way to old for it, cant handle it and stated so :rolleyes1

Needless to say we spent this day just the four of us Myself, DH, DS and DM ;)

So we had a great day in Magic Kingdom, clouds were looming all day and you knew it was coming, but this was our only day with rain on vacation so not a bad deal!
In Aug of 08 we were there during Tropical Storm Fay and well lets just say we didnt need a bus we could have swam from place to place :rolleyes: 10days on that trip and only 2 without rain, downpouring not stopping til your bones are soaked rain!
So one day is of rain, no problem!

But before the rain came we had lunch at Cosmic Rays! I have never, ever ate here! My DH & DS have been a few times on there "Boys Day" for lunch but for mom & I it was new!

Once again my DS was a happy guy! Caesar Salad with Chicken $7.19

Disneysept2010551.jpg

He really liked this, shocking I know :rotfl:

DH & I had the Cheese Steak Sandwich $8.49

Disneysept2010550.jpg

this was mine, i love pickles!!! it was really good and hubby liked his as well, minus the pickles :rolleyes1

my DM had the Bacon Double Cheeseburger $8.59

Disneysept2010552.jpg

Again this was good as well!

Disneysept2010553.jpg

my hubby loves the Carrot Cake, we all on the other hand like to snack in the park, popcorn, mickey ears so he gets a couple carrot cakes and is a happy guy :cloud9:

After lunch we headed to Adventure Land and so did the rain, we did the POTC, JC and Tiki Birds and then had a Dole Whip & Ice Cream sadly no pictures as it was pouring at this point.

So after dodging rain drops we headed back to POFQ to change, chill for a while and over to the Boardwalk to one of our favorites for dinner, the ESPN Club!

coming up one of our favorites :banana::banana:

I'm really enjoying your reviews.

We're going to WDW for our wedding in March and taking a hoard of family members with us, I'm not looking forward to all the varied opinions on where to go and what to eat. :laughing:

I'm really enjoying your reviews.

We're going to WDW for our wedding in March and taking a hoard of family members with us, I'm not looking forward to all the varied opinions on where to go and what to eat. :laughing:

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!! We went to WDW in 98 for our Honeymoon and my mom & my brother went along!! One of our best trips ever :cloud9:

Taking extended Family, It always seems like a good idea :lmao::lmao:

No, I have to say that in the four times other family has went along, only twice did I think "dear god what was I thinking" one being this last time :sad2: He really can be a sweet a little guy, but he also can be (well its the Dis so I will say) not so sweet! ;)
I figured he would be in awe and amazed at everything like my son the first time we took him, and well that would be a big fat no way, no how, aint happening! :lmao:

the other time was my mother in law, I knew from the get go she would be a hand full, she is here and figured vacation would be no different! I was right!!

I always make a plan and ask everyone anything you love or hate, any place you really want to go...most times I get "whatever it dosent matter to me" then tell them, "Ok then no, none, zip, zero complaining once everything is set"

And plan your own time...biggest piece of advice I would give anyone, plan your time away from everyone! :lmao:

Have Great Time!! I will be looking forward to you reviews ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter