"Mommy, my dreams are coming true!" - Sept 18-Oct 2 of eating at WDW

MisplacedTraveler

DIS Veteran
I have lurked on here for a couple of years reading all the dining reviews and wishing I was back at WDW. I need some advice on CS where indicated in Magenta and I trust all my fellow DISers opinions.

This will be my 36th trip and my DD 1st trip! She just turned 4. She watches the Planning DVD daily and has been telling me for weeks now that her dreams are coming true! :cheer2:

It's all about the food for the rest of us :rotfl2: DD is excited because she will get to meet the chef or manager at each restaurant since she has a food intolerance that is genetic. Shouldn't be an issue according to her nutritionalist, but of course, we're a little concerned.

Joining us are my DH who will be there the entire 2 weeks. My parents who will be there 4 nights.

5 nights at WL (our 1st time) - me, DH, DD
4 nights at SSR Treehouse Villas (our 1st time) - me, DH, DD and my parents
5 nights at AKL CL (DH and my 3rd time) - me, DH, DD

Ok, so on to our ADRs. New restaurants for DH and me are in Deep Sky Blue. Advice on these restaurants especially what to eat would be much appreciated. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Also, any advice on transportation would be greatly appreciated. This is a totally different type of trip for us with restaurants at almost every hotel.

While staying at WL

Sept 19 (Sun) - DHS
9:45am - Whispering Canyon Cafe
lunch at CS in DHS - any suggestions?
5:35pm - Brown Derby

Sept 20 (Mon) - Waterpark
9:10am - 1900 Park Fare (planning to take boat to MK & monorail to GF)
lunch at CS in either TL or BB - any suggestions?
8:00pm - Boma (planning to take bus to DTD & bus to AKL)

Sept 21 (Tues) - Waterpark or DHS
7:50am - 'Ohana (planning to take boat to Cont & monorail to Poly)
lunch at CS in either TL or BB or DHS - any suggestions?
5:00pm - Hoop Dee Doo (planning to take boat to FtW)

Sept 22 (Weds) - Waterpark or DHS
8:15am - Kona Cafe (planning to take boat to MK & monorail to Poly)
lunch at CS in either TL or BB or DHS - any suggestions?
8:05pm - Whispering Canyon Cafe

Sept 23 (Thurs) - No park
9:10am - Cape May Cafe (planning to take bus to Epcot & bus to BC)
Back to Epcot to take bus to POFQ for beignets

Moving to SSR Treehouse Villas

Sept 23 (Thurs)
1:30pm - House of Blues (planning to take bus from SSR to DTD)
7:30pm - Yachtsmen Steakhouse (planning to take boat to DTD & bus to YC)

Sept 24 (Fri) - EC
8:05am - Princess Storybook at Akershus
11:30am - Via Napoli
7:00pm - Chefs de France (haven't been in years)

Sept 25 (Sat) - MK
8:05am - Crystal Palace (have to see Winnie the Pooh & Friends)
lunch at CS in MK - any suggestions? We always end up at Casey's
7:25pm - Narcoossee's (planning to take monorail from MK)

Sept 26 (Sun) - AK
7:50am - Boma (not sure how to get here from SSR)
1:25pm - Tusker House
7:10pm - Turf Grill

Sept 27 (Mon)
7:35am - Chef Mickey's (not sure to get here from SSR)

Moving to AKL CL

Sept 27 (Mon) - Park for a few hrs - any suggestions?
Lunch - wide open to any park or location - any suggestions?
8:05pm - Sanaa

Sept 28 (Tues) - MK
8:30am - Cinderella's Royal Table
lunch at CS in MK - any suggestions?
6:40pm - Fulton's (subject to change if we decide to do MNSSHP)

Sept 29 (Weds) - Park - any suggestions?
7:30am - Boma
lunch - not sure what park we will be in during the day
5:25pm - Tony's Town Square

Sept 30 (Thurs) - AK
7:00am - Sunrise Safari
lunch at CS in AK - any suggestions?
6:00pm - Jiko

Oct 1 (Fri) - EC
All about Food & Wine, but first
8:00am - Donald's Safari
12:45pm - Via Napoli (thinking about canceling this one for Food & Wine :love:)
7:55pm - Le Cellier

I am very excited about the new restaurants we will be eating at as well as the ones we consider must returns each trip.

I look forward to any and all advice as well as posting my reviews while we are at WDW.

Great line up...and 2 weeks! Wow what a trip!
Suggestions for CS...we ALWAYS eat at Cosmic Ray's in tomorrowland in MK, they have a little bit of everything and more recently offer really good bbq ribs, chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans, but they have really good wraps, salads and burgers too!
CS at AK...I think one of the better pizza places is Pizzafari, the inside is just so pretty and Dbf and I always enjoy it there.

Good luck with your choices!

Roxychica7, we haven't been in 5 years because I got pregnant 2 months after our last trip. So, I convinced my DH slowly up to 2 weeks by adding a few days here and a few days there. Don't know that he realizes it 2 weeks yet. :)

I have always wanted to eat at Pizzafari! The pictures from inside the restaurant look like it would be a fun place.

Any thoughts about Yak & Yeti? How hard is it to get in without an ADR?

MK Cosmic Ray's is a great option.

One thing I noticed - on Sept 23, you plan to take the bus to Epcot and then the bus to Beach Club. There is no bus from Epcot to the Epcot area resorts. You'd have to enter Epcot and walk to BC through international gateway or take a bus to TTC or DTD and then to BC. Might be just as easy and faster to take a cab.

For counter service, I would suggest:
MK - Columbia Harbor House and Cosmic Rays.
DHS - Starring Rolls (or sit down at Sci Fi - very cool atmosphere and nice to get out of the heat).
EPCOT - Sunshine Seasons or the Norway bakery
AK - Pizzafari or Flametree BBQ

Thanks! I didn't realize that. I must be rusty on my WDW transportation. :rotfl2:

Maybe it would be most logical to take the boat to MK & then bus to BW. That would mean that I have to take the bus from MW to DTD and then to POFQ to get the yummy beignets everyone talks about. :)

One thing I noticed - on Sept 23, you plan to take the bus to Epcot and then the bus to Beach Club. There is no bus from Epcot to the Epcot area resorts. You'd have to enter Epcot and walk to BC through international gateway or take a bus to TTC or DTD and then to BC. Might be just as easy and faster to take a cab.

I was going to say the same thing (we stayed at BC last year). To go through Epcot you would need a park ticket for that day. BC is only 5 minutes from the International entrance. One other option would be to take the bus to DHS and then the boat to BC. No park ticket needed for that and the boat ride is nice.

BTW, I'm jealous of your long stay! We're also arriving the 18 of September, but only staying through the 26. We also have ADRs at HDDR on the 21st at 5:00 pm. Maybe we'll see you there! We have 2 kids - ages 3 (girl) and 5 (boy).

I was going to say the same thing (we stayed at BC last year). To go through Epcot you would need a park ticket for that day. BC is only 5 minutes from the International entrance. One other option would be to take the bus to DHS and then the boat to BC. No park ticket needed for that and the boat ride is nice.

BTW, I'm jealous of your long stay! We're also arriving the 18 of September, but only staying through the 26. We also have ADRs at HDDR on the 21st at 5:00 pm. Maybe we'll see you there! We have 2 kids - ages 3 (girl) and 5 (boy).

Great idea about going to DHS first and then taking the boat to BC. I don't think I realized you could do that. :thumbsup2

We've never been able to stay for 2 whole weeks. I am so excited. We'll be doing the waterparks which I have never done before. Plus, I have some non structured days, which my DH appreciates. :rotfl2:

That would be cool! We have seats in Cat 1 because we just booked them a couple of days ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter