Mom's not cooking here is where we ate June 11-17 very long

momof2sons

Mouseketeer
Just returned from a week of dinning on the dinning plan. Here is where we ate and our thoughts of the food and service we had.

Sunday June 11 Day One

8am Donald’s Breakfastsorous (1st time eating here)
Food was okay but the character interaction was great. Was a good start to our vacation. I really liked the fresh fruit and breakfast pizza. DH said his food was just okay. DS enjoyed pancakes and bacon, which are his favorite breakfast foods. Service was good and entertaining.
Total $57.48 (3 TS credits)
5pm Hoop-de-doo Musical Review (1st time eating here)
DH said the ribs and chicken were good, corn on cob sweet, and baked beans just okay. DS loved the chicken he had 2 pieces and loved strawberry short cake. Myself enjoyed the salad, chicken, and strawberry short cake was the best I have had in a long time. Our server was excellent. She moved so fast you didn’t need to ask for drinks they would just appear.
Total $128 approx. (out of pocket)
11pm snack at POP
DH Mickey Ice cream Bar, DS Microwave Popcorn, myself Mickey Head Rice Crispy Treat (ears dipped in chocolate). Lines was not long.
Total $7.50 approx. (3 snack credits)

Monday June 12 Day Two

Breakfast in room with food brought with us.
Total $0
12:30pm Alfredoes (1st time eating here)
Myself Appetizer: Mozzarella Caprese: Fresh mozzarella cheese with tomatoes drizzled with extra virgin olive oil (Excellent).
Entree: Trio Pasta: Lasagna was (Good), Truffle Stuffed Pasta was different but (Good), and Penna. Pasta with Alfredo sauce (Excellent).
Desert: Tiramisu: Coffee flavored cake custard whipped cream served in a coffee cup (Excellent).
DH Appetizer: Zuppa: Three-bean soup in a tomato base (Excellent)
Entree: Pollo Parmigeana: Chicken Parmigeana served with penna pasta in alfredo sauce. (Excellent)
Desert: Spuma Di Ciocolata: Chocolate Mousse (Good)
DS wasn’t allowed to have an appetizer here.
Entree: Spaghetti with marinara sauce He said (2 thumbs up)
Dessert: Spuma Di Ciocolata: Chocolate Mousse (1 thumb up)
Service was excellent and she explained the entire menu.

Total $89.67 approx. (3 TS credits)
7:30pm Electric Umbrella
Myself Turkey Wrap with coleslaw (Good) Strawberry cheesecake (Ok)
DH Chicken strips and fries (Good) Choc. Chip cookie (Good)
DS Bacon Double Cheese Burger and Fries (2 thumbs up)
Choc. Chip Cookie Save for later (Good later) service was just okay wasn’t too happy to do dinning plan.
Total $35.59 (3 CS credits)
11pm Snack at POP
Grapes in a bowel to take with us to MGM next day
2) ½ pint milk used for breakfast next morning
Lines were quick.
Total $8.47 approx. (3 snack credits)
We had tea, coke, and lemonade with most of our meals. We ordered one of those beverages and two bottles of water at the counter service meals (we took the water with us and shared the soda for our meal). You had to pay extra at most of the table service for bottle water but could have glass of water if you wished at no charge.

I will post more later. Please excuse any spelling errors for I am not a scholar of spelling.

Tuesday June 13 Day Three

Breakfast in room food from home and milk from yesterday snack credit.
Total $0

11:00am ABC Commissary
Myself: Fish and chips (normal Fries was the chip) Fish (Good) chips were soggy. Strawberry parfait (YUCK)
DH : Fish and chips same as mine Chocolate Mousse (just OK)
DS: Cheese burger and fries (Good on burger) (the fries went to the trash)
Fruit cup He ate the grapes and I had the melons (Good)
Service was okay they were training new staff at the register.
This was our worse meal all week.
Total $36 (3 CS credits)

5:30pm Hollywood Brown Derby
Myself: Appetizer: Don’t remember name but it was a mushroom and goat cheese. The cheese was very strong and I would try something different next time. Rating (Good but different)
Entree: Char-grill Filet Minion with garlic mashed potatoes (Excellent)
Dessert: Grapefruit Cake (Good)
DH Appetizer: Seared Sea Scallop with BBQ pork rib belly (Excellent)
Entree: Char-grill Filet Minion with garlic mash potatoes (Excellent)
Dessert: No flour chocolate cake (Excellent)
DS appetizer: He didn’t like what was on the menu so we asked for carrot sticks and the gave him Juliann carrots (Good)
Drink was a Strawberry Banana Smoothie (2 thumbs up)
Entree: Hot Dogs and fries (Good) Hesaid “they didn’t taste right”
(We eat Amish wieners not store bought hot dogs.)
Dessert: Hidden Treasure: Vanilla ice cream with gummy worms hidden inside on top of a cookie. (2 thumbs up)
The server was excellent even suggested her favorites.
Total $104 approx. (6TS credits)

Snack: Popcorn and water out of pocket
Total $5 approx.

Wednesday June 14 Day Four

8:00am Breakfast at POP food court
Myself: Frittata with potatoes: Quesh with green peppers onion spinach mushroom and cheese on top. I didn’t care for the cheese topping but took it off and it was (Good). Cranberry-apple juice.
DH and DS both had the Kids pancakes, sausage, and bacon (DH good DS 2 thumbs up) both had chocolate milk.

2:30pm Crystal Palace (This was our longest wait to be seated 30min)
We were there to check in 10-min. prior like they suggested but weren’t seated till 2:50pm. We weren’t the only ones waiting and they were turning walk-ups away.
Buffet style Food was at the appropriate temps cold or hot. I enjoyed the salmon and peel and eat shrimp. DH loved the roasted pork. DS really enjoyed the character coming to our table. He had the chicken fingers and ice cream (2 thumbs up). The table next to ours was 2 small boys and 1 of them was celebrating his birthday. Server brought out a cake and several servers sang happy birthday to him. His dad gave our son a piece of the birthday cake. Thanks again if you are reading this.
Rating was (Good)
Server was excellent drinks were kept full and she explained how the characters would come to our table.
Total $57.48 (3TS)

7:50pm Snack outside the American Adventure in EPCOT
Cinnamon pretzel Popcorn bottle of water
Total $7.89 (3 snack credits)

9:50pm Snack at POP
Itzakadoozie (Popsicle)
1 pint choc milk 1 pint white milk for breakfast in our room in the morning.
Total $7.48 (3 snack credits)

Will post day 5, 6, and 7 soon.

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thursday June 15 Day 5

8:00 am Breakfast in room with food from home and milk from yesterday snack credits.
Total $0

12:30pm Le Cellier
Myself: appitizer: Shrimp coctail with asian slaw It was the perfect balance between hot spicy and sweet. It has horseradish in it (Excellent Excellent Excellent) I could have made this my main coarse Yuummy.
entree: Petet filet minon with cheese mashed potatoes (Excellent)
Dessert: Maple Creme Brulee (first time trying creme brulee thought it was Good)
DH: Appitizer: Beef Barley Soup (Excellent)
Entree: New York Strip with red garlic potatoes (Excellent)
Dessert: Rasberry Sorbet (Excellent)
DS Appitizer: Chedar cheese soup (2 thumbs up)
Entree: Cheeseberger and fries (2 thumbs up)
Dessert: Chocolate Moose (2 tumbs up) if he had a third thumb he would have put it up also.
We like all the bread stickes but asked for more pretzel bread. DS would have made a meal of cheese soup and pretzel bread if I would have let him.
Total $87.69 approx. (3 TS credits)
Our server was excellent. He told us where he was from in Canada and what his favorites was from the menu.

Snack at MGM stunt car cart
2 bottles of water 3 glass of ice
Total $4.00 (2snack credits)

6:30pm Backlot Express
Myself: Grilled turkey sand. with carrots. (Good)
DH Chicken Strip and fries (Good)
DS Double cheese burger and carrots (2 thumbs up)
3 double chocolate bunt cakes (excellent)
We were so full from lunch we couldn’t eat 2 of the bunt cakes and gave them to the family eating next to us.
Total $38.92 (3 CS credits)

Friday June 16 Day 6

8:15pm Breakfast at POP food court
Myself Western Omelet (Excellent)
Grapefruit juice
DH and DS Pancakes and meat platters (2 thumbs up) they had to wait on pancakes so they were really hot and fresh split a pint of choc milk and took bottle of water with us to the parks.
Total $23.74 approx. (3 CS credits)

12:30 PM Liberty Tree Tavern
Myself: Appetizer: Fried cheese sticks with maranara sauce (Excellent)
Entree: Samoln with spegetti squash on pumpkin bread (Excellent)
Desert: Pound cake with Carmel nut sauce (Yuck) I didn’t like this.
DH: Appetizer: Tomato Turkey Soup (turkey pasta beans cream tomato) (EXCELLENT) I was informed this was the best soup he had all week.
Entree: Pot Roast (EXELLENT) Best entree all week.
Desert: Chocolate cake with liquid chocolate center (EXCELLENT)
Best Desert all week. Can you tell this is his favorite place at the world to eat.
DS Appetizer Fruit and yogurt (strawberries grapes apples blueberries) (2thumbs up)
Entree: Corndogs and carrot chips (1 thumb up)
Desert: Pound cake dippers in chocolate sauce (1 thumb up)
The desserts were ordered to go minus the whipped cream and ice cream.
Server was good we have had him in the past. Drinks were refilled several times without asking. He was very busy this day.
Total $81.67 (3 TS credits)

9:30pm POP food court
DH and myself had the chicken Parmesan with penna pasta and alfredo sauce. Bread stick (Excellent)
DS Chicken strips and fries. (2 thumbs up)
Desserts Chocolate cake (Good) moon cheese cake (excellent) Dirt and worms (thumbs up)
Lines were short and were through fast. Cast member told me I was wearing the wrong shirt for POP. I was wearing my yachts club shirt. He was offended by my choice of attire. He was quite funny.
Total $40.51 (3 CS credits)

Saturday June 17 Departure day

6:39am POP food court
Breakfast Myself Plain begel with cream cheese and cranberry apple juice
DH Cinnamon roll and chocolate milk
DS Waffle sausage bacon and choc milk
Everything was good and we were sad to be leaving
Servers were friendly today wished us a safe trip home.
Total $16.44 approx. (3 CS credits)

We had 7 snack credits left so picked up
1 big bad of Mickey pretzels
2 plain Mickey rice crispy treats
4 ears dipped in chocolate Mickey rice crispy treats

If I add right we would have spent $741.78 approx. Total for dinning plan $604 savings of $137 plus 18% gratuity for all TS meals would need to be figured in for total savings. We really liked trying some new places we would have not tried without the diner plan. It was more food than we would normally eat. I am glad we tried this plan and will be using it again

great review :thumbsup2 Great savings!
If your family "eats" (mine certainly does) it is a great option! I cant wait to try it out!

great review! thank you for doing all this - I was wondering if the plan versus buying would work for us, and now I'm sure it wouldn't. too much food. but now I have an idea of where to eat, which is very helpful! :thumbsup2 Thanks!

Great reviews, thanks for taking the time to post. :tinker:

Thanks for the reviews! Just wondering, did you drive or take Disney transportation to Donalds breakfast? We also have a reservation for 8:00 AM. We planned on driving but I believe I read somewhere the AK parking lot doesn't open until 8:00. I'm hoping we can get there early enough going by WDW bus but we are staying at Ft. Wilderness which is a long way from AK and has a reputation for poor bus service!

Thanks for taking the time to post your reviews!

Liz said:
Thanks for the reviews! Just wondering, did you drive or take Disney transportation to Donalds breakfast? We also have a reservation for 8:00 AM. We planned on driving but I believe I read somewhere the AK parking lot doesn't open until 8:00. I'm hoping we can get there early enough going by WDW bus but we are staying at Ft. Wilderness which is a long way from AK and has a reputation for poor bus service!

Thanks for taking the time to post your reviews!

Sorry for late reply. I was called into work for extra hours this week. That means no time for the internet.

We took Disney transportation. We were at the bus stop around 7:15. We stayed at the POP Century. When we got to AK there was a long line at the gate to get in. But we made our 8am time. We had about 5 min to walk and made it right at 8am. I was also informed to use Disney transportation by another Dis member. I didn't see anyone parking as we walked in to AK from the bus depot.

momof2sons said:
11pm Snack at POP
Grapes in a bowel

:eek:

Your typo made my day! ;) Seriously, if you're going to hit an extra letter, that one was a hilarious one! :thumbsup2 (please don't be offended---I really did enjoy it and that's why I pointed it out!)

LOVE your reviews! I really like the "good" "excellent" etc. Makes it easy to see about individual items!

spaceacewannabe said:
:eek:

Your typo made my day! ;) Seriously, if you're going to hit an extra letter, that one was a hilarious one! :thumbsup2 (please don't be offended---I really did enjoy it and that's why I pointed it out!)

LOVE your reviews! I really like the "good" "excellent" etc. Makes it easy to see about individual items!

:rotfl: :lmao:

Very funny!! We know what ya meant ;) Thanks for the reviews momoftwosons!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter