Monday 1/28 Was Today A Slow / Light Day?

ZBSW

Mouseketeer
Hello folks!

We're finally here on our annual Disney trip and was wondering if today was listed as a slow / light day?
We got to the park around 10-11 and it was packed! Lots of kids, thought they were in school, along with foreign school field trips.
Hate to see a busy day in 2019 if this was considered light.

It’s hard to tell with the 8pm closing, but wait times right now (6:30) look manageable but not empty by any stretch. Looks like a day on the lighter side of moderate.

I thought Monday was the busiest day of the week at the parks? Twice as busy as a Saturday.

Everyday in Disneyland in busy. Slow/lite doesn’t exists anymore.
To be fair, there are still randomly slow days. I was there a few times in December where I was shocked at the lack of crowds. July 14 and October 31, 2017 - the emptiest I’ve seen Disneyland in ages.

There are empty days. They’re just not terribly predictable days, and they rarely occur when one might expect them.

Perception is reality. It doesn't really matter to most people if something is true or not. Just keep saying it to them and they believe it.

I didn't know Mondays were supposed to be busy. But I noticed it for myself. Now I look at wait times almost everyday and Mondays are indeed crowded. But Skyegirl is correct, most days are crowded, but the slow days are unpredictable.

Thanks for the replies folks.

I wouldn't of thought Mondays were going to like a weekend. We still enjoyed the day and MaxPass helped out a ton.

I didn't know Mondays were supposed to be busy. But I noticed it for myself. Now I look at wait times almost everyday and Mondays are indeed crowded. But Skyegirl is correct, most days are crowded, but the slow days are unpredictable.
I do think Mondays are busy! But a big part of it is that stuff doesn’t run at full capacity, there are shorter hours, etc. - so wait times can be longer and you can get less done than on other days with more people. Also, people “expect” Mondays not to be crowded, so the crowds that are there feel more surprising and noteworthy. So I think a Saturday with 40,000 people could feel less crowded than a Monday with 30,000 people, if that makes sense? (Just using those numbers as examples...) I also find Tuesdays to be pretty busy! Wednesday and Thursday are usually better.

Some districts had today (Monday, 1/28) off, so that might account for many of the kids in the parks. I know DH was suprised that many of his colleagues called in to take the day off so they could take the kids to the parks.

Mondays can be busy - I have noticed that before - and they have shorter hours and less staff normally so lines can feel longer. We have found Tuesday and Wednesday our best days when we have visited but we also find that when it's a busier day - like the weekends, the full staffing and the longer hours is able to absorb more crowds than what many consider to be 'lighter' days.

I get the impression that Mondays are busy during the seasons when the cheapest APs are unblocked. In my experience during the summer Monday isn't particularly worse than any other day of the week, mainly because it's pretty crowded every day.

Although Star Wars Land will probably blow it up, I've found in the past few years that Saturdays in summer are the only "slow" days remaining. The vast majority of APs are blocked but the parks are set up to handle high season crowds with full entertainment schedules. It feels noticably better than Sunday or Monday, but it's still crowded. And starting this summer, it will be near-capacity crowds every single day for the next two years. I'll be curious to see what the new normal is after Star Wars hype dies down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter