Moneysaving / Cashback tip

deno

EPCOT Addict
Hi all

Finally bit the bullet and bought all our park tickets for August. Pained me to spend that much money on tickets but we're now set for all the parks.

Not sure if we can name external sites on here but bought combo tickets for WDW and Universal at a well known ticket seller and also went through Quidco who are giving 1.2% cashback. They also include a commemorative 50th Magic Band but act quick, offer ends tonight.

I've also recently opened a Chase bank account with also gives 1% cashback so in total I earned £85 cashback! Not too shabby a saving.

The reason I mention the Chase account is that people have asked on here before about a pre-paid card to use in the USA. Well it's more a bank account/debit card than a pre-paid but you get the same thing, i.e. not a credit card.

It has no foreign transaction fees so perfect for trips abroad.

Also the ATMs in Disney World are Chase and apparently using your card for withdrawing cash has no ATM fees if using Chase ATMs. They do free foreign spending too so no charges there either. Last time I went I used a pre-paid, but this time I'm going for a Chase account

I would use revolut for free international stuff as u get free withdrawals in cash and it's easy to swap about plus if you ask a friend they have some good joining offers. I've also stated using hush on my phone and buy a temporary USA mobile phone number so I can join ques etc. Also in terms of cashback some airlines give additional cash back (off your phone bill) via the airtime rewards app (owned by o2 but work on many networks).

Don’t know much about Revolut. Would I have got the 1% cashback I got from Chase by using the Revolut card with the ticket seller?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter