Monorail Cocktail Party?

ImagineEar

I believe in the Tag Fairy...
:earsgirl:

Someone mentioned going to a monorail cocktail party... I've never heard of this. Does anyone have anymore info on it?

I've never heard of it. Perhaps they were talking about getting on the monorail that loops the hotels and visiting the bars at each stop? We've done this (I won't say how many times;) ) and it's a lot of fun.

That's an interesting thing, and with all my time working in Monorails, never heard of such a thing. Although, about a year ago, a couple "rented" a car in Monorail Gold for a romantic and unique dinner. The food was all pre-ordered and ready to go... they closed off a car, set up a table... and every time the train would come into the Grand Floridian, the waiters would attend to whatever they needed.

(The PA in the car had been turned off, and the doors didn't open at any of the stops. Of course in case of a situation, they did have an intercom phone with the pilot)

It was quite an interesting setup, and it went really well.

Is this the same as Getting Looped Around The Loop?

Sounds like fun. My favorite drinking tour was the Drinking and Driving Around the World tour at Epcot...start in Canada, drink a little something in all countries (okay, maybe skip a few), and ride Test Track once you finish your margarita.

We did our own monorail drink tour. It was alot of fun .....started at CR then to the Poly....after a couple Lapu lapu's we never made it to the GF,

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
"...about a year ago, a couple "rented" a car in Monorail Gold for a romantic and unique dinner. The food was all pre-ordered and ready to go... they closed off a car, set up a table... and every time the train would come into the Grand Floridian, the waiters would attend to whatever they needed. "

Dare I ask how much the setup cost? Is it one of those things where "if you need to ask how much it costs you can't afford it?"

Darian

Originally posted by Chip 'n Dale Express
Although, about a year ago, a couple "rented" a car in Monorail Gold for a romantic and unique dinner. The food was all pre-ordered and ready to go... they closed off a car, set up a table... and every time the train would come into the Grand Floridian, the waiters would attend to whatever they needed.

Oh wow, that sounds so awesome, maybe after I hit the lottery, I'll do that! I am in awe just thinking about it.

WOW - Thanks Chip n' Dale!
Great to know - I actually know a couple who give each other "Disney Surprises" and I am going to suggest it to one of them!

I guess the Monorail cocktail party I saw mentioned was probably as TDC Nala put it " Getting Looped Around The Loop?"

Thanks to all!

:Pinkbounc

This sounds like fun :D

We may try this on our next trip (if we stay at a monorail resort) :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter