Moonlight Magic at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park Announced

Queue is gone - link goes right in now! Better register quickly, though, if you still want to attend. They're likely to take it down at any point.

Queue is gone - link goes right in now! Better register quickly, though, if you still want to attend. They're likely to take it down at any point.
Clearly this ones not nearly as popular as the main parks. Not sure I've seen it where there's no queue.

Got our reservation. FWIW, our resort res is cash this time, and there was no mention made of that. Also, we have one "blue card" membership and one resale. There was no mention of that in the booking process.

See everyone at TL!

Got our reservation. FWIW, our resort res is cash this time, and there was no mention made of that. Also, we have one "blue card" membership and one resale. There was no mention of that in the booking process.

See everyone at TL!
Cash through DVC or the regular Disney hotel site? That could be the difference. It would have to be linked to a membership number.

Clearly this ones not nearly as popular as the main parks. Not sure I've seen it where there's no queue.
They often have enough for all the resort guests. Hollywood Studios and the Cosmic Rewind preview are the only times I've noticed the resort guests limited so far. (Still worth registering early because you never know.)

I was number 120 but couldn’t book since staying with cash this time! Bummer I thought this preregistration included cash stays!! But that’s on me for not reading the fine print I guess
There was a separate issue with my reservation. I was able to call member services and they got it sorted out! I am now registered!! Woohoo!!

Cash through DVC or the regular Disney hotel site? That could be the difference. It would have to be linked to a membership number.

They often have enough for all the resort guests. Hollywood Studios and the Cosmic Rewind preview are the only times I've noticed the resort guests limited so far. (Still worth registering early because you never know.)
Our DS is a cast member. He booked it through the CM website, and it's on our MDE. But DVC didn't have anything to do with it as far as I know. (We are DVC members, though, of course.)

Our DS is a cast member. He booked it through the CM website, and it's on our MDE. But DVC didn't have anything to do with it as far as I know. (We are DVC members, though, of course.)
Interesting. The data is there to link everything -- the issue is with how it's queried or implemented. Nice to know stuff is starting to kinda-sorta-work, sometimes.

I was #4964 and figured no chance, but after 45 minutes I got in for August 9! Excited as we’ve never been to either a Moonlight Magic nor TL before.

Was lucky enough to go to this one a few years back. We had a blast. No summertime Florida night thunderstorm, perfect weather. So much fun.
Enjoy everyone!

The short / unexpected notice is certainly a huge factor. They just announced TL one week ago. Many members aren't plugged-in enough to have been made aware. A water park late night is certainly not as popular as a theme park, but probably lower capacity too. There would have been more interest if this one was on the list announced 4 months ago and people had more time to plan around it.

The short / unexpected notice is certainly a huge factor. They just announced TL one week ago. Many members aren't plugged-in enough to have been made aware. A water park late night is certainly not as popular as a theme park, but probably lower capacity too. There would have been more interest if this one was on the list announced 4 months ago and people had more time to plan around it.
Advance notice of moonlight magic is kind of a double-edged sword. On one hand, it's nice to know since we often book rooms 11 months in advance. On the other hand, DVD is compelling a large amount of people booking *specifically* for the event, which guarantees a LOT of upset guests who weren't able to register. It's frustrating, but when you really think about it, there's just no way to accommodate anywhere near all the DVC guests staying on property for one of these events, even if they were to only include DVC resort guests, let alone making some spots available for those not staying on property.

So while it's nice to know, I think they'd be better advised to open these on shorter notice like this. I'm sure others will disagree, and they'll be wrong. :teeth:

So pleased we managed to book this. Whenever we’ve had a reservation before when there’s been a MM event, the booking system hasn’t recognised us, even though at that time we only had direct points. Super happy that we’ll finally get to experience one, it sounds fun.

I want to do the August 23rd date, but got busy and forgot to book the room (tons of choices to book too) but now I have to wait till general booking to try for MM since its past the date to have reservation in for early booking.

I want to do the August 23rd date, but got busy and forgot to book the room (tons of choices to book too) but now I have to wait till general booking to try for MM since its past the date to have reservation in for early booking.

Well, early booking ended yesterday afternoon anyway :) Hopefully you'll get in, though. General registration usually fills up quickly so be sure to get on before 11am and run a few browsers or devices to increase your odds a bit. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter