Moonlight Magic hypothetical question

RD-SOX

Hockey Mom
We have 2 contracts. We have 200 pts GFV direct Feb UY and 200 pts PVB resale Oct UY, same owners names on both deeds, but two different membership numbers because of different UY.
IF we happen to be staying on our PVB resale points and a MM comes up are we eligible to attend MM? OR are we ONLY eligible to attend any MM when we use our GFV direct points?

As someone eligible for direct benefits, you will always be eligible to go.

Having a reservation gives you early registration access. Prior to 2024, it didn’t matter how you booked.

But, they did recently eliminate cash stays not booked via MS from early registration so they could change things in the future to require one to be booked in eligible points as well as be eligible fir membership extras

If they did, then you’d only be able to try during general registration.

We have 2 contracts. We have 200 pts GFV direct Feb UY and 200 pts PVB resale Oct UY, same owners names on both deeds, but two different membership numbers because of different UY.
IF we happen to be staying on our PVB resale points and a MM comes up are we eligible to attend MM? OR are we ONLY eligible to attend any MM when we use our GFV direct points?
Do you have one membership number or two membership numbers.

We have three membership numbers. The first is grandfathered resale, the second was direct, and the third was non-grandfathered resale. We were booked on the third and were able to register for the January 25 Moonlight Magic. However, when the system asked for our membership number, I first put in the second one since I thought it would look for eligible memberships. The system told me I did not have a qualifying reservation (with that membership number) and said to click here if I wanted to "correct" my number. I clicked but the got an error message that threw me out of the system. However, my husband had also entered the lotto system prior to the 11:00 magic hour and we were able to register with the second try using the membership number that our reservation was booked under. The system knows you are eligible apparently and you don't receive the email with the registration link unless you are eligible. I agree that this is the current state of affairs which can be changed at any time.

We have 2 different membership numbers because they are 2 different UY.

I am registered for the 3/1 MM at Epcot. I also have 2 membership IDs from 2 different UY. My March trip is booked on my resale only membership, and I was sent the link to register for MM. I originally tried my direct membership ID and got an error but then entered my resale only one and was able to register.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter