Moonlight magic registration

Our family is a group of 12, staying in (2) 2 bedroom villas. What do I need to do to make it so I can register all 12 of us for the event? Everyone is listed as a guest on the reservations. I'm wondering what steps I need to take.
Thanks for your help!

As long as both rooms are on the same membership number as the owner who will be going to the event and registering, you should be able to put in 12.

If you have two different memberships and the reservations are on different ones, you will potentially have issues. I’d call MS to check if that is the case

We will be attempting to go to the Moonlight Magic at Typhoon Lagoon on the 4th of June. We are staying at BW on points. Priority registration for guests is on May 2nd. Will we receive an email invitation automatically on May 1st? Also does registration begin at 12:01 am est on May 2nd or will it give the time that registration opens? TIA, it's the 1st time since we've owned DVC that we will be there for an event.

We will be attempting to go to the Moonlight Magic at Typhoon Lagoon on the 4th of June. We are staying at BW on points. Priority registration for guests is on May 2nd. Will we receive an email invitation automatically on May 1st? Also does registration begin at 12:01 am est on May 2nd or will it give the time that registration opens? TIA, it's the 1st time since we've owned DVC that we will be there for an event.

You will get the email and link the day before, You will go into a virtual queue that opens at 11 am. If you get in the queue befor 11 am, you will be randomly assigned once it opens.

Not everyone gets in, but one thing to do to help, is get in the queue on more than one device to increase chances For a lower number…

As long as both rooms are on the same membership number as the owner who will be going to the event and registering, you should be able to put in 12.

If you have two different memberships and the reservations are on different ones, you will potentially have issues. I’d call MS to check if that is the case
Question about this...I have 3 studios booked for Aug all under my membership....I was thinking I would only be able to book for my room but do you think I could enter the total number across the 3? The other 2 rooms are my in-laws so my name isn't on their reservations but I did book them all.

Question about this...I have 3 studios booked for Aug all under my membership....I was thinking I would only be able to book for my room but do you think I could enter the total number across the 3? The other 2 rooms are my in-laws so my name isn't on their reservations but I did book them all.

My understanding is yes, but I have never had more than one room booked for an event. It is usually a larger unit.

My understanding is yes, but I have never had more than one room booked for an event. It is usually a larger unit.
Ok Thanks. I'll give MS a call to check and see.

I just chatted with MS and you are correct you can register for the total amount in all reservation I have booked.

Last edited:
Ok Thanks. I'll give MS a call to check and see.

I just chatted with MS and you are correct you can register for the total amount in all reservation I have booked.
Great you booked them all under the same membership account and MS was able to confirm you'll be able to register your total party across all reservations.

Great you booked them all under the same membership account and MS was able to confirm you'll be able to register your total party across all reservations.
Yes they said no problem to register for the full amount of people across the 3 rooms.

Question (sorry if it has been answered). I am a blue card holder but I have several resale contracts. If I make my reservation for the moonlight magic date, do I have to use points from my blue card membership? Or can I use any membership? And when I register do they ask for the reservation number and member number? And which membership would I enter. The Disney direct one or the one I made the reservation with?

Question (sorry if it has been answered). I am a blue card holder but I have several resale contracts. If I make my reservation for the moonlight magic date, do I have to use points from my blue card membership? Or can I use any membership? And when I register do they ask for the reservation number and member number? And which membership would I enter. The Disney direct one or the one I made the reservation with?
Do you have more than one membership? Or just more than one contract? If you have more than one membership, the reservation has to be under the membership with the qualifying direct contract. If all contracts are under the same membership, it doesn’t matter which contract. They ask for your membership number.

Do you have more than one membership? Or just more than one contract? If you have more than one membership, the reservation has to be under the membership with the qualifying direct contract. If all contracts are under the same membership, it doesn’t matter which contract. They ask for your membership number.
Well I am not sure. I have 4 member ID numbers but they all show up on the same site. And when I call in, I just give one and they pull up all my reservations at once.

The registration will be under the membership ID and reservation number for the specific reservation that you will be using for the night of Moonlight Magic. And it will work with the resale only one if all your memberships are linked (one login). As an example, I have 2 membership IDs due to 2 UY (Dec - blue card, Feb - resale - only). For the March MM, my room reservation was booked using my Feb UY membership. That is the one that is resale only and does not qualify for membership perks. I still got the email for the early registration and was able to register using my Feb UY membership number and the associated reservation. I originally tried with my Dec one, but it gave me an error, so I tried Feb and was able to register. Attended with no issues at all.

Well I am not sure. I have 4 member ID numbers but they all show up on the same site. And when I call in, I just give one and they pull up all my reservations at once.
Here is my screen. It has one membership number but I have like ten contract numbers under it. Our contracts are a variety of direct and resale with different conditions. It doesn’t matter which contracts we use for MM. Hope this helps.IMG_5504.jpeg

Thanks. I am clear now. I read some of the fine print. You don’t even need a reservation with dvc. It can be cash to a different resort and you still qualify for moonlight magic. You just need a reservation at Disney for that day and have a blue card. (I think this is correct). Either way, I am making a reservation with my resale and should be able. This was a good exercise for me. I just get worried

Thanks. I am clear now. I read some of the fine print. You don’t even need a reservation with dvc. It can be cash to a different resort and you still qualify for moonlight magic. You just need a reservation at Disney for that day and have a blue card. (I think this is correct). Either way, I am making a reservation with my resale and should be able. This was a good exercise for me. I just get worried
One significant change this year is that the cash reservation to a different resort has to be booked through DVC MS, not through Disney online/phone, to qualify. It’s an important distinction - in the past, members would book room-only cash reservations through non-DVC methods and cancel them if they didn’t get tickets to MM.

I've called MS twice about this since my (2) 2 bedrooms are booked under different memberships. Both times I was told that I could register for the total number of people on the reservations. I'm still not convinced that it will actually work that way.

I've called MS twice about this since my (2) 2 bedrooms are booked under different memberships. Both times I was told that I could register for the total number of people on the reservations. I'm still not convinced that it will actually work that way.
Yeah I would also be surprised if that works. I think their IT is just not with it enough. But good luck.

I have found MS to be relatively uninformed about the rules compared to the knowledge base on these boards.

For example, I was told that I have to use the points from the direct contract to book the stay for MM and that using resale points from the same membership would definitely not work (as it happens, I did use the direct points, but it was totally accidental). Unless this is a new rule, it totally contradicts what's been suggested by @KPeterso last week in post #52, where using resale points even from another use year is ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter