• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

More BK Smoke

larworth

DIS Veteran
From Screamscape. Check out this site. Very interesting.

BEASTLY KINGDOM - (4/24/02) A reader was surfing the web the other day when they came across a page full of shocking photos that must have something to do with Beastly Kingdom’s long talked about Dragon themed coaster ride. This is a company that designs props from films as well as theme parks, and they have done plenty of work for Disney projects all over the world it seems, but their most impressive work has yet to be seen by the guests. Dying to know? Click here (see below) and take a look at suits of melted and destroyed medieval armor... looking like they would fit right into Dueling Dragons at Islands of Adventure if needed. Anyone know more about this?
the referenced link

Be still my heart.

Thanks larworth for the good news...I'd like to say I'm dancing with joy but alas that can't be the case :rolleyes: ...I am however getting more and more excited about the BK!
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

This is exciting but...

Those props are old (according to a former AK CM on the WDWMagic boards) and had been used before park opening near the dragon cave.

I thought that BK dumped the medieval theme and is going for the "Regien of Fire" movie tie in instead (Future London).

I hope we hear some more concreate things about BK soon though :)

...these pieces were created for use outside the dragon's cave on AK's defunct boat ride. To my knowledge, they were never actually in use in the park.

Although it's certainly possible for Disney to re-use parts for similarly themed attractions, these pictures are not an indication that any fresh PO's are being cut in the name of Beastly Kingdom.

Jeff

If you look through all the pages of props there is also racks of medievel weapons and a blacksmith's wheel which I am sure was never in use outside the cave.

With all of the work they appear to have done for Disney it would seem unlikely that they would release pictures of a yet to be undisclosed project. Ahhh, too good to be true again.

I never got to take the AK boat ride (line was always to long) when the cave was in operation. These props seem so detailed for viewing something from a distance. Would you have been able to see these details from the boat (shields with claw marks on them, etc)??? Maybe, some of this stuff was done for the original BK before it got cancelled?

Love the melted Knight.

From their pages titled “Theme Park Projects” –

“Since 1996 we have been involved in some enormous projects that utilize cutting edge technology and material. Unfortunately, these images cannot be displayed until they are released for public viewing. So, please check back often, as we will be posting new images as they are available.”

There people seem to have done a fair amount of contracting for WDI and they probably know better.

Or should we start speculating about which country is going to be added to World Showcase on the basis of all those prop AK-47s they built?

Don't get too excited about a pavillion devoted to the former yugoslavian states; those AK-47s look like the guns the game wardens use to round up the poachers and save little red.

DR

Says the Chippewa!:D But scoop, the country being added is Kabeckstnadastan...I think it's new...
:smooth: :smooth: :bounce: :smooth: :smooth:

Originally posted by thedscoop
....your sorely inept and substandard MSU education has reared its ugly green and white head yet again...your post seems to have confused Bulgaria (an independant, sovereign former Warsaw Pact country) with either Kosovo, Montenegro, Serbia, or Croatia.

Sorry to seem shallow, petty, and simply rude on this point but, you know, a Wolverine is contractually required to belittle a Spartan whenever the opportunity presents.

;)

I think the punishment for your geographical confusion should be "First rounds on the D-R guy". All in favor vote "Aye"!

Actually, I was just adding another place in, (Bulgaria didn't do it for me, and "Afghanistan" seemed sort of inappropriate).

Scoop, you keep forgetting that I have an Auburn education (far superior to a UT one, I might add, along with the all time record of 22-21-3) and teach at MSU....I keep trying to tell you that. :)

DR

I keep trying to tell you that
...you must always remember that the 'Scoop's a lawyer: what you say and what he hears are two _entirely_ different things...

And what he wants everyone else to think you said is often yet a _third_ different thing...

Jeff

PS: I've officially given up on using Smilies. From here on out, anyone who can't tell when I'm just being a smart@$$ is on their own.

Someone referenced this site (an early boat skipper) as possible confirmation about the props being a part of the River ride as already mentioned.

In the pre-opening days, my favorite thing to see on the river was the dragon rocks. At that time it included around pieces of knight's armor lying around the dragon's cave. Different pieces were torn, smashed, scotched all in a somewhat amusing way. But this was all removed.

riverride

Is there a site for anything Disney, or what?

I came across this site from Screamscape. It's the home page of a special effects company(EB Effects) that produces props for theme parks. They have a series of Beastly Kingdom props which were developed for Disney's Animal Kingdom. The fact that so many different pieces were developed seems to bode well for future developement of this themed area.

http://www.ebeffects.com/gallery.asp?p=6&#gallery_6_130

This is like deja vu all over again. Compare the link quoted below to the one in the original post...they look strikingly similar! :D

Originally posted by lrodk
I came across this site from Screamscape. It's the home page of a special effects company(EB Effects) that produces props for theme parks. They have a series of Beastly Kingdom props which were developed for Disney's Animal Kingdom. The fact that so many different pieces were developed seems to bode well for future developement of this themed area.

http://www.ebeffects.com/gallery.asp?p=6&#gallery_6_130

You know, some of those "knights" on that site seem a little too "rough" for Disney - I guess the sort of melted one might get away with being a sight gag, and I guess the ones that are blown through could be justified as setting the scene, but the impaled one? I just don't think that looks like it belongs in a Disney park...
DR

Rather emabarassing. How the heck did I miss that?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter