More Epcot entertainment cuts...Japan, UK, Italy...so far

British revolution was fun, but I'd imagine they had to close it down to start whatever they are doing for Mary Poppins. Just limited space.

British revolution was fun, but I'd imagine they had to close it down to start whatever they are doing for Mary Poppins. Just limited space.
they were expecting to be cut but not now, by the end of the year. Disney called the manager of the band and told them specifically this was because of shutting down to to COVID-19. My son played with them as a regular for 2 years and now was a sub for the past 6 months. There's a group of fans that will be there tonight for their last set
Mary Poppins at this point might not even happen

I remember staying at Beach Club 5 years ago in October during F&W. DW and I would always go back to the room in the afternoon for an hour or 2 to rest or swim in the pool. Then we'd get dressed and head over to EPCOT to hit various kiosks for food depending on what we wanted to try that night. The weather was perfect, and while we planned what we felt like snacking on for dinner the constant soundtrack for walking back to the IG and into EPCOT was always the British Revolution playing which could be heard clearly as we left the room. They, along with the drummers in Japan which we always looked for, will be missed. I'll miss the sights and the sounds. WS will just not be the same.

If MK get rid of the Dapper Dans, I'm out.

Last edited:
they were expecting to be cut but not now, by the end of the year. Disney called the manager of the band and told them specifically this was because of shutting down to to COVID-19. My son played with them as a regular for 2 years and now was a sub for the past 6 months. There's a group of fans that will be there tonight for their last set
The band should go nuts tonight and destroy the pavilion with their instruments during a Who song. :rotfl:

That would be a great finale! :)

I'd be curious to know if this is just reaction to the closure of the parks and the anticipated impact that is going to have not only immediate but long term (next few years). If this was already planned that's bad enough but reactionary cut to me is even worse for the guests. Cutting the drummers after 25 years puts it on part with cutting Off-Kilter after 17 years, and I still feel the Canadian Pavilion is dead with out them.

please tell your son how much I enjoyed the group and ask him to pass it along to the others . My BFF ALWAYS listened to multiple sets every single trip. Once we were both having a really sad year and we flew down just to listen to them and it made our worlds better. Much love to all of them and God Bless.

please tell your son how much I enjoyed the group and ask him to pass it along to the others . My BFF ALWAYS listened to multiple sets every single trip. Once we were both having a really sad year and we flew down just to listen to them and it made our worlds better. Much love to all of them and God Bless.
will do, thanks for the kind words

This is REALLY stupid.
What made Disney magical (yeah, I'm using past tense) was the total awe and wonderment you could get from the experiences. Somebody in charge read his text book on theme parks and that they're places where people go to ride roller coasters and so if we just stick to core goals we can maximize profits while minimizing these esoteric costs that add nothing to the bottom line.

You see the same thing in Vegas too - the idealists who built the town and made their money have been replaced by subpar business wonks who looked the park like features and statues and fountains and said "Hey, none of this is making us money" and tore them all down to put up another starbucks or pina collada bar. Heck, I was in Vegas last week and the impressive lobby underneath the glass ceiling that had furniture where people could sit and wait for their cabs or people has been sectioned off for additional seating for the lobby bar, squishing the check in lines down. Worse the bar, which I've always loved, CUT their menu and offerings after the expansion. ?!?

The more Disney tightens their grip the more dollars will slip through their fingers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter