More fodder for the CRV mill...

Laden. And considering we're both AKV owners, I'd say African (probably migrate from the AKV models next door), not European.

Correct answer, you may pass. But, are you sugestng that coconuts migrate? This is a temerate zone.

This thread has been hijacked by Monty Python fans!! I am mystified by the laden African swallows comments; always thought they were laden English swallows!

Nod, nod. Wink, wink. Say no more!

Grail! Grail! Grail! Huuuh...

from World Showcase Players.

It would be very hard to sell the zoo villas if they announce CRV now.....I beleive it makes complete economic sense to build a monorail DVC for the simple fact that DVC is a cash cow, and they are guaranteed to sell this resort out

It would be very hard to sell the zoo villas if they announce CRV now.....I beleive it makes complete economic sense to build a monorail DVC for the simple fact that DVC is a cash cow, and they are guaranteed to sell this resort out

I disagree on this. AKV and CRV will be SOOOOOO very different. In terms of theming, you can't get more different than these two, so I really think they will have different appeals to different folks. Remember that DVC was seeling 4 resorts at once during the BWV/BCV/HH/VB years.

Also, I am guessing (as that is all any of us can do at this point), that the per night point values at CRV will be quite high...whereas AKV point values were surprisingly reasonable. This will make a big difference for folks. Finally, we'll have to see about MFs. Will owners be responsible for Monorail upkeep? :confused: :scared1:

You are certainly right about the cash cow, though!

I can say that for DW and I, AKV is far more appealing to us than CRV will be. I am sure there will be many others like us. I believe that both resorts can be sold at the same time.

I can say that for DW and I, AKV is far more appealing to us than CRV will be. I am sure there will be many others like us. I believe that both resorts can be sold at the same time.

CRV will draw the higher point prices that no other DVC property would be able to do. CRV will sell out in record time.

AKV sales will stall if they open up CRV sales too soon. Each property does appeal to different folks, but CRV sales will be huge compared to AKV.

CRV will draw the higher point prices that no other DVC property would be able to do. CRV will sell out in record time.

AKV sales will stall if they open up CRV sales too soon. Each property does appeal to different folks, but CRV sales will be huge compared to AKV.

And you are basing this on.....? If you have data and market research, please share. :thumbsup2

While I, too, would love to see a DVC on the monorail, CRV has been the least popular of all of the deluxes for some time (I was just there the other day...the pool is DISMAL), so I am not so sure about the "record time" thing.

And you are basing this on.....? If you have data and market research, please share. :thumbsup2

While I, too, would love to see a DVC on the monorail, CRV has been the least popular of all of the deluxes for some time (I was just there the other day...the pool is DISMAL), so I am not so sure about the "record time" thing.
no surveys or markwet research to back this statement up, but:
Since MKis the most-popular themepark, it only stands to reason that folks who prefer that park might also prefer that location to other, less convenient locations... folks who otherwise might not consider buying DVC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter