Most comfortable shoes for kids

disneymomto2boys07

Earning My Ears
I am looking for comfortable shoes for my 10 year old to wear to DL. Does anyone have suggestions for comfortable shoes that can also get wet?

TIA!

A lot of people swear by Crocs, I got DD her first pair for this summer so can't say how she likes them yet (still snowing here!). They can get wet, are very light and cute - they are Mary Jane style. Is your 10 year old a boy or girl?

The shoes are for a boy. He does have crocs that he loves but I worry they will rub and blister by the end of the day. He has worn them out and about but never an entire day of walking. I wonder if switching his shoes would also help as other have suggested for adults.

The shoes are for a boy. He does have crocs that he loves but I worry they will rub and blister by the end of the day. He has worn them out and about but never an entire day of walking. I wonder if switching his shoes would also help as other have suggested for adults.

I let my little guy wear his crocs, and they did rub blisters after a day of sweating. He doesn't mind wearing short socks with them, so that's what we do now since they're his favorite shoes.

Crocs are the way to go. As far as blisters, we spray antiperspirant on our feet before we go and it helps keep them nice and dry. I read this on the WDW board and it works great! I always get blisters and didn't our last trip! My DS thinks its funny when I spray his feet :lmao:

My son can not wear crocs because of blistering, and it was even worse if they got wet.

I have started to buy him birkis sandals (a little bit of an investment) but it's the only sandals I buy him for summer and he loves them. They are nice because they have great support and are easy to run in.

He also doesn't seem to trip in them like most sandals.

I prefer good old athletic shoes and socks. There's much less of a chance of tripping and they are comfortable all day.
I teach Kindergarten and we no longer allow Crocs to be worn in our program because of so many trips and falls, especially on the playground.

I prefer good old athletic shoes and socks. There's much less of a chance of tripping and they are comfortable all day.
I teach Kindergarten and we no longer allow Crocs to be worn in our program because of so many trips and falls, especially on the playground.

I agree! DD wore Target athletic shoes last June and her feet were great. She was just about 5 and walked all day, no stroller, and never once complained about her feet!

My son age 6 wore his light up spiderman sneakers from K-mart we took his crocs since I planned on switching off his shoes like I do but he only used his crocs for the pool. He wanted his tennies. I do carry extra socks in the backpack in case of a really soaked feet episode and only had to use them on our rainy day even though we rode Splash! something like 10 times as it is his favorite. He never complained about his feet hurting I think kids can take much more than we adults can.

I see lots of kids with blisters from Crocs at the parks. I maintain, like others, that good athletic shoes are the way to go. Pack an extra pair of socks.

Thanks for all the suggestions! My sons feet do sweat a lot so I love the spray idea! I bought some socks that wick moisture so I will pair those with his shoes! :)

All I wear is Crocs to the park and we go every weekend. I have wide feet never a blist or a sore foot Iswear by them. Wouldn't wear anything else.

Agreed! and if your worried about them getting wet you could always bring a spare pair of socks. Thats what I do ;). Ive never had an apreciation for crocs, I like a good pair of Tennis shoes:cheer2:

I'd recommend amphibious athletic shoes because they offer excellent foot support and are made of quick-draining and quick-drying materials. Plus the extra ventilation helps to dry foot perspiration. Here's an example:

1326466-p-2x.jpg

http://www.zappos.com/columbia-drainmaker-wild-dove-chili-pepper

Also pair these with water-wicking socks. 100% cotton stays soggy (and sog-dom leads to blisters), while synthetic performance socks dry a lot faster. Usually they are thinner than cotton socks. Academy and athletic shoe stores sell a variety of socks like this. :)

Both my kids have worn Nike's on all trips. They just got new pairs yesterday. I get them styles that are made specifically for walking/running.

I have water repellant treated them. But, we haven't found that they've ever gotten their feet wet at DL, so I guess for us, we didn't really need that quality!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter