Most Economical Direct Points

TT4Dis

Mouseketeer
I remember on a previous episode of DVC Fan there was mention that Disney direct always will have a less expensive option to offer potential buyers. Will Rivera be the least expensive active product when CFW and Poly are both on sale?

We potentially may add on our first direct points and was just curious if Riviera would be our cheapest option 6 months to a year from now.

Generally resale will always be cheaper if you just want the lowest entry cost. If you want direct and don't care which property and have a long enough horizon then you can watch for a possible repeat of what DVC did with the AKL fire sale last year. I think it was maybe 200 pts for 145/pt.

No way to know now what will be the best deal in 6-12 months from now though.

Hopefully it is ok to post this DVC News link: https://dvcnews.com/dvc-program-menu/financial/financial-news/5765-bonus-incentive-for-riviera-add-on-and-new-discounts-for-saratoga-springs-points

Yes, DVC does always have a 'deal'. Back in '08 we purchased the AK because it had the most incentives and now - while we enjoy it there - if we had to sell AK (after fees/closing costs) I have to wonder if we'd even recoup our initial outlay. Currently, to me, it reads like Saratoga is the less expensive direct purchase but SSR is so large that joining there seems like a misuse of funds, plus Riviera would be around longer.

Riviera looks to be around $173 pp for 200 points if you are an existing member (resale ok) and pile the incentives together (e.g. buy now for Feb UY!)

I remember on a previous episode of DVC Fan there was mention that Disney direct always will have a less expensive option to offer potential buyers. Will Rivera be the least expensive active product when CFW and Poly are both on sale?

We potentially may add on our first direct points and was just curious if Riviera would be our cheapest option 6 months to a year from now.

To me, less expensive is not just about the upfront cost, but also about the difference between direct and resale purchase. For example, which is a better deal Aulani direct at $150 (hypothetical price) if you can buy it it resale for $100, or Grand Floridian direct at $190 (hypothetical price) if you can buy it resale at $160?

In the hypothetical example above, Aulani is "less expensive" but you're losing $50/point on day 1. VGF is pricier in that example, but you're losing less equity upfront when buying direct. That's what made the VGF direct summer deal a no-brainer to me. It was basically a direct purchase at resale pricing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter