Most missed Platinum perk?

The Princess British Isles cruise was very different from our EBPC on DCL. Very port intensive. I want to say 9 ports with 2 sea days. This made the ship itself less important because we spent so many days ashore. I do know a friend I made on cruise critic had a more relaxing time because she stayed on the ship on the first and last port day because it was raining.
While it was a disappointing experience that day we boarded the Princess ship (kind of bland without the Disney magic), we found it started to grow on us as the trip progressed. Our cabins were clean and comfortable and had tons of storage. The atrium was pretty, had good live music and the specialty dining was good and in some cases great. So mad I didn't try their pizza until the last day because that was awesome! We also managed to get a special perk when we booked as they were giving away free alcohol drink packages to those booking verandahs. I would definitely sail Princess again for port intensive trips like the British Isles.
When we priced DCL's British Isles cruise that year our verandah cabin for 2 was $12,000 and when I looked at Princess it was approximately half that for a verandah cabin for almost the same itinerary. We had an amazing time with our kids and so glad we went with Princess.
We are doing the British Isles cruise next Summer on Regal Princess, which is our favorite Princess ship. We really like Princess too. It just “feels right”. Not sure how to explain it. Don’t have to shell out for a bunch of extras, don’t have to check out towels, they actually include popcorn with the movies, etc. Also, the pizza is amazing, especially at Alfredo’s (though the pizza at Slice is good too - and both are included!). Also, the 24/7 International Cafe is infinitely better than the “Cafe Promenade” abomination that RCL tries to make work…

We also like being able to order drinks and room service (which is still included) to anywhere on the ship. Did that on our Crown Princess cruise this past Summer and loved that feature. We’d sit out on the back and watch the ships sail out of port in Alaska with our cheese plates, fries, sandwiches and Rum and cokes. It was amazing.

I bring the wine home and save it for holidays.
Usually Prosecco.
I totally agree with all the previous comments. What is the incentive to become Platinum if the perks are no longer available? If there are too many platinum members, which is very possible considering the length of time Disney has been sailing. Disney should add a new level to reward the cruisers that are most loyal to the brand. Change the requirements to days sailed, 100 would be required to achieve the top level, diamond perhaps. This way the most loyal customers could still receive the perks they previously enjoyed and it would encourage people to sail more on Disney so they could also receive those benefits. Whatever happens, I hope it happens sooner than later because this midnight check in only to get a late boarding number isn’t working for me.

I bring the wine home and save it for holidays.
Usually Prosecco.
I totally agree with all the previous comments. What is the incentive to become Platinum if the perks are no longer available? If there are too many platinum members, which is very possible considering the length of time Disney has been sailing. Disney should add a new level to reward the cruisers that are most loyal to the brand. Change the requirements to days sailed, 100 would be required to achieve the top level, diamond perhaps. This way the most loyal customers could still receive the perks they previously enjoyed and it would encourage people to sail more on Disney so they could also receive those benefits. Whatever happens, I hope it happens sooner than later because this midnight check in only to get a late boarding number isn’t working for me.

Lol ok I feel like an idiot but how do I message you?! 😂
Oh yeah, don't feel like that, I wasn't sure and just tried to send a conversation to you. Up on the top of your screen next to your screen name there is an envelope. It should have a new message for you from me. (I hope) LOL :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter