Motivational March 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

Quiet weekend for us. Just taking DS2 to the airport tomorrow morning. Probably only DH will do that. Our rain starts Saturday afternoon and then will be a soaker the rest of the weekend. I feel like I am catching a cold so probably won't do much! I've already taken some vitamin C and am sipping tea now. Wore a mask while DS2 was visiting and ate my dinner in a different room so I couldn't contaminate him! I'd feel terrible if he caught it and had to do his senior recital next weekend with a sore throat! Hard to sing with that!

For Social Saturday, here's a fun Disney trivia quiz to take you away from world news, stress, etc. -

Quiz (from Seventeen magazine)

Warning - It doesn't score itself. Instead it shows you the percent of people who answered each way as you go, and then gives you all the correct answers at the bottom.

For Social Saturday, here's a fun Disney trivia quiz to take you away from world news, stress, etc. -

Quiz (from Seventeen magazine)

Warning - It doesn't score itself. Instead it shows you the percent of people who answered each way as you go, and then gives you all the correct answers at the bottom.
Expert!!! 50 out of 55 correct!!! :tink::simba::tigger::ccat::sulley::mickeyjum:goofy::dumbo::donald::stitch2:

I was too lazy to count!

But here to say if you live in a city where the current touring company of THE PROM is coming go see it! Just got out (currently sitting in the parking lot of one of the only take out places open) and it was amazing such a high energy show. The movie on Netflix, while it has an awesome cast, does not do the stage production justice.

Good Morning! It is a Monday and a Monday after the time time change, what will you do to stay motivated this week?

I started to feel better this weekend, mood wise. DD is doing so much better right now. The medicine to help with her heart rate is working and she is feeling much better which in turns makes my day better. She is even making herself her own food when we have left overs. I have been waiting on her hand and foot since she got sick in December. I am sure not having to do everything for her is helping me too.

She no longer has to do PT so that gives me 2 days a week back. I should be able to get on the treadmill every day but Wednesdays for awhile. The kids both have a band concert tomorrow night. DD has been practicing every night. She will do great. DS never practices but always does good at the concerts but I haven't heard him play individually since he started in 5th grade. He likes band but doesn't love. I think he is only doing it to go to Disney next year.

I still don't know how to add meme's and such so I am sorry if this week is not as appealing as others.

Glad your DD is feeling better, @piglet1979!

My Monday motivation is just getting through today. DS is getting 2 wisdom teeth out, and I am a worry-wort about all things medical. (Plus everyone reacts differently, so there is the uncertainty of what exactly he'll need for the next couple of days.) Wish him luck and me calm thoughts!

Last edited:
My Monday motivation is just getting through today. DS is getting 2 wisdom teeth out, and I am a worry-wort about all things medical. (Plus everyone reacts differently, so there is the uncertainty of what exactly he'll need for the couple of days.) Wish him luck and me calm thoughts!

I hope everything goes well. I understand your worrying. I do the same.

Monday motivation is being productive on a day off. For once the school department made a great decision with scheduled DL days and had one today so the kids were able to stay in bed a little later. DSs are working away and DD is so watching DS6 do his math work...I suppose that is more interesting than coloring numbers. Kind of glad she is doing that. I left her to color while I went to the bathroom and returned to see her gnawing a crayon...the oral fixation on this kid peeps...its strong.
I took today off so I wasn't trying to work and teach. My MIL is coming over later on so I am going to go pick up groceries and hopefully drop off pants to get hemmed. Going to make dinner for tonight on Wednesday today while the DSs are at CCD. I ordered a bunch of peel and stick backsplashes this morning. Will return whatever we decide not to use.
Also ordered a couple spider plants and some succulents off etsy. There was an interesting article in our local paper about air purifying plants.
http://www.rhodybeat.com/stories/air-purifying-plants,30858The spider plants are coming to work and going in the kids rooms and the succulents are going in the front hall, my room and maybe upstairs bath. DH painted the walls and they are sort of dark so we need some color in there.
Hang in there @PollyannaMom! All will be well...you'll be able to relax soon, laughing at numb kids trying to drink water is sssooo the payoff of the pre-teeth removal stress!
Have a great week everyone. Glad to read all the positive developments over the last few days.

My Monday motivation is just getting through today. DS is getting 2 wisdom teeth out, and I am a worry-wort about all things medical. (Plus everyone reacts differently, so there is the uncertainty of what exactly he'll need for the next couple of days.) Wish him luck and me calm thoughts!
Hope it goes well.

Happy Monday everyone. The weekend was quiet and low key... and not very wet. Just a some rain in the evenings which was a bit frustrating, I would have planned the weekend differently if I'd thought the weather was going to be so agreeable.

I'm a little ahead on getting rid of things each day and so far I've just been going back over things I went thru before vacation, just being more critical this time. So far it is 121 things, total for the month will be 375. It's intimidating to think of coming up with 30 and 31 things the last days of the month, but it is a very good exercise.

I did well being money conscious over the weekend. I'm starting with small changes that will stick, and trying to stay away from all-or-nothing thinking. It occurred to me that just by changing grocery stores to Safeway and Trader Joes I can probably save my 10% without making any other changes, so I'm going to give that a try. And this week I'll track to my $80 a week grocery budget and see how that goes.

So that's my motivation for the week... to keep sorting thru things and to track my spending.

hope it goes smoothly. It's very common procedure and i have not heard of many complications. He could be bit sore for few days but painkiller will sort it out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter